There are a lot of supplements on the market these days, and it can be hard to know which ones are worth taking. This post will look at some of the best NMN supplements available. We’ll discuss what NMN is and how it works, and then we’ll highlight some of the top supplements containing it. Keep reading to learn more.
Can we really stop aging?
We all know that aging is inevitable, but that doesn’t mean you have to sit back and let it happen. Experts believe that aging comes with changes in certain hormone levels. For some, our growth hormones (HGH) start to decline as we age. For others, it comes with a natural reduction of nicotinamide mononucleotide (NAD)—a molecule crucial for cell energy, DNA repair, and gene expression.
As you may know, one of the ways to boost your growth hormone level is by taking HGH supplements. And if you’re going to improve cell metabolism, repair the damaged DNA, and keep your cells running smoothly, then research suggests maintaining a healthy level of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) is essential; this can be restored by taking oral nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) supplements.
What is NMN supplement?
NMN is nicotinamide mononucleotide—a molecule naturally produced in your body and is known as a nucleotide. This precursor molecule is converted into nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD), which is responsible for various functions, including gene expression, cell and DNA repair, and improved metabolism.
With aging, the body’s natural ability to produce NMN and NAD+ declines. Scientists believe that boosting the intracellular levels of this molecule can help us live healthier lives with fewer signs or symptoms associated with age-related diseases. To boost its level, we need to take NMN orally and that’s why they are also called NAD supplements or NAD boosters because they boost the production of NAD inside the cells.
However, the exact mechanism is still unknown, but recent studies reveal that NMN may increase longevity by activating sirtuins—a protein responsible for DNA and cell repair. A low level of free NMN in our body is linked to age-related conditions like diabetes, hypertension (High BP), and mental illnesses.
The effects of this supplement are widespread. It’s quickly absorbed and converted into a vital compound called NAD+, which helps combat aging by fighting inflammation in adipose tissue and improving insulin secretion or action for those with diabetes. The benefits don’t stop there; intake has been shown to increase levels of brain functioning like memory retention skills, improve neuronal function, and much more.
NMN Health Benefits
Here are the benefits of using NMN based on research studies;
NMN Supplementation May Extend Lifespan
The protecting structures at the ends of our chromosomes, known as telomeres, start to shrink each time our cells divide, harming our genes and transmitting defective DNA to new cells. These Telomeres are lengthened by NMN, protecting our DNA.
Also, did you know that your cells typically change every seven to ten years? That’s correct; new cells continually replace old ones in your body. NMN serves as our body’s lifeguard by maintaining the telomeres or protective caps on our DNA.
- Some studies demonstrated that boosting NMN can extend lifespan by improving energy production in mitochondria, reducing oxidative stress, promoting DNA repair, improving cognitive performance, and reducing inflammatory conditions.
- Other animal studies also reveals that improving NMN can reverse age related conditions by restoring NAD+ metabolism. Although the results are promising, this study is done on animals, so more research on humans is needed.
NMN Supplementation Can Lower Age-Related Diseases
The NMN has many therapeutic benefits, including reducing the onset of age-related diseases. Here is what the research says about it.
- Recent research suggests that individuals with various age-related diseases, like diabetes and liver diseases, may have lower nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD).
- Some other animal studies also reveal that NMN plays a crucial role in heart and brain-related health conditions.
- NMN has been shown in mice to suppress age-related obesity, improve metabolism, insulin sensitivity, and eye health, improve physical activity and stop age-associated changes in gene expression.
- Also, NMN used in rats with Alzheimer’s disease has been shown to protect the nervous system and improve cognition. It also increases blood flow to the brain cells and improves cognitive performance.
NMN Boost Mitochondrial Performance
The mitochondria are also known as the powerhouse of the cells. When the mitochondria in our cells lack NAD+, cellular breakdown occurs, which results in illness.
- According to numerous clinical studies, taking NMN supplements has improved mitochondrial function neuronal function in the brain cells and reduced age-related inflammation.
- Another relatively new 12 weeks study suggests that supplementing with NMN is expected to improve aging-related mitochondrial disorders.
Improve Blood Flow And Vascular Health
According to studies done on mice, NMN prevents blood arteries from hardening and lowers blood pressure.
- With the passing age, our blood vessels become narrow because of the blockade, which may lead to stroke and heart attack. Recent research from the university of colorado reveals that NMN supplements could reduce heart diseases in people.
Improve Muscle Strength And Endurance
Our muscles need a constant supply of nourishment to perform and exercise. NAD+ is essential for metabolizing important energy molecules, including glucose and fatty acids, to provide our muscles with the fuel they require.
- NMN supplementation has also been shown to improve physical endurance and muscle strength in aged men and exercise tolerance in middle age men. Because aging men lose the ability to regenerate and regrow their muscles, and if this molecule can help you improve your muscle tone, you will look younger than your actual age.
- Other potential benefits include eye health treatment, which may revitalize reproduction and promote organ health.
According to David Sinclair in his recent Podcast on Youtube, NMN work better than NR. For those who don’t know David Sinclair–he is a professor in the department of genetics and co-director of the Paul F. Glenn Center for Biology of Aging Research at Harvard Medical School. You can watch his podcast on Youtube below;
Bottom line—NMN converts into NAD+, which helps control over 400 different functions in your body. It’s also crucial for keeping all 37 trillion cells healthy.
The question is, is NMN safe to use— NMN supplement side effects?
Generally, it is considered safe, and the dosages of up to 500 mg daily have been shown to be safe. Scientists are still conducting more studies on the effects of this supplement on humans. Still, trials have shown that 1 gram per day can increase metabolism and improve cardiovascular health. However, there is a dire need to further test its safety in humans.
Some common side effects of overdosage are nausea, diarrhea, stomach upset, flushing, and indigestion.
The minimum daily dose of NMN is 250 mg, with no maximum recommended intake. Some studies show benefits of up to 1,200mg per day.
After reading all the information about NMN and NAD, let’s dive into the list of the best NMN supplements available online and offline pharmacies.
Top 3 Best NMN Supplements
1. Liposomal NMN+
Liposomal NMN is a revolutionary new way to boost your NAD levels and enjoy all the fantastic benefits that come with it. This product comes from GenF20, a leader in the longevity space.
Liposomal NMN+ is a 100% natural, pharmaceutical grade, and organic product made in the cGMP-certified and FDA-approved facility in the US. The company claims to offer a great source of antioxidants, providing powerful anti-aging benefits and supporting healthy NAD levels.
With just two capsules a day, you’ll be getting a well-studied, powerful ingredient that has been shown to provide a host of benefits, including improved energy levels, healthy cells and DNA, better cognitive function, and more.
Plus, they also offer an exclusive subscribe-and-save program means you can get your Liposomal NMN each month at the best possible price. So don’t wait any longer; try Liposomal NMN today and feel the difference.
Why Is This Our #1 Recommendation?
- Effectiveness: We at DrugsBank tested and researched three different NMN supplements to find those suitable and adequate for reversing most signs of aging, like improving muscle tone, skin texture, stamina, and cognitive enhancement. After a thorough evaluation, we found that Liposomal NMN+ is both effective and well-tolerated in higher doses than currently available on the market today.
- Price: Our second criterion is the cost of the product, and for that, we are always on the lookout for new, evidence-based supplements that can help us achieve our goals and is not very expensive. When we learned about liposomal NMN’s effectiveness and low price point, it did not take long before they became one of our top recommendations.
- Absorption: Most supplements don’t absorb well, but GenF20 is the pioneer of natural anti-aging, and they’ve combined their 20+ years of knowledge to create a product that will solve this problem once and for all. They did so by adding Liposomal technology, which helps ingredients like NMN absorb better into your body.
- Money Back Guarantee: Last but not least, they offer a 67-day money-back guarantee, so you can try the product and see if it is right for you. If unsatisfied, return the bottle, and they will refund your money.
2 Genex NMN Supplement
With Genex Formulas, you can boost your body’s natural defenses to improve blood flow and function. The formula also includes 99% pharmaceutical-grade NMN for their customers to get the best support they need so that their signs of aging will reduce faster than ever before.
The potency of this supplement makes it the perfect way to get your daily dose! Just like Liposomal NMN+, use two capsules per day on an empty stomach for 30 days, and experience healthy aging benefits like increased antioxidants in no time.
The overall rating on Amazon is 4.4/5 based on 1973 reviews. As with any product, the reviews are mixed, but the positive ratings are more, and many people love the efficacy and safety of this product. For others, the product cause skin and other side effects.
Genex is an exciting company that produces a variety of health supplements. While they don’t have the laser focus on NAD as GenF20 does, their diverse lineup provides more avenues to discover ways to improve your well-being, with these products backed by research and development. So there’s no need to worry about whether it will work.
The downside, however, is that the product and the company don’t back their products with a money-back guarantee.
- $63.27/Ounce on Amazon
3. Peak Performance NMN+ Resveratrol
With its free of all common allergens and GMPs certified manufacturing facility, this vegan supplement promises to be an excellent source of antioxidants. It also has powerful anti-aging benefits and supports healthy NAD levels, which help prevent cellular degeneration with age.
The deterioration of the body’s NAD+ levels is considered one cause of many health-related problems. To sustain healthy amounts, the Peak performance supplement with nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) and resveratrol becomes even more powerful when taken together! This product has benefits such as improving muscle endurance, strength, or cardiovascular wellness in athletes who exercise regularly.
When you purchase Peak Performance Resravetrol, there is a 30-day money-back guarantee. If your satisfaction isn’t satisfied after the first two weeks of use, they’ll be happy to give a refund on all purchases.
Taking one capsule of Peak Performance NMN daily will give you the best results. These supplements can help mental clarity and performance enhancement if taken as directed.
- $59.95/single pack
- $53.95/single pack if you buy 3 packs
- $47.96/single pack if you buy 6 packs
Shipping for 3 and 6 packs is free.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are NMN supplements?
Nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) is a molecule naturally produced in the body. This molecule is then converted into nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide(NAD), which is essential to living. However, as we age, our body’s NMN level drops, and we need supplements to restore it. Different companies are offering NMN in supplement form. These are also called David Sinclair supplements because he mentioned in his book and several interviews that he takes 1000mg of NMN daily.
How much NMN should I take?
The amount of capsules directed on each label varies. We recommend following the product directions and not exceeding recommended dosages but check with your doctor if you’re unsure about what dose would work best for you.
What are the side effects of NMN supplementation?
NMN is generally considered safe but may cause minor side effects in high doses. The possible side effects of nicotinamide mononucleotide include itchiness, nausea, and dizziness. We recommend you speak with your healthcare provider before taking any new supplement or medicine.
Does NMN cause weight gain?
We found that this nutrient suppressed weight gain in older rats, but it’s unclear if the same will happen for humans. However, more research is needed to determine its correlation with weight.
What happens when you stop NMN?
NMN is like other vitamins and nutrients; when you stop taking it, your body will return to its normal state and produce only what naturally occurs at a younger age. There is no withdrawal effect or other side effects.
How does NMN supplement work?
The NMN supplements on the market are excellent for those looking to make their body more efficient at producing energy, increasing metabolism, and repairing DNA and cell damage. NMN is converted into NAD inside the cells and activates sirtuins—a protein responsible for DNA, cell repair, and healthy body cell function. It’s an easy-to-use, quickly absorbed into your system so you can feel its effects almost instantly–and best yet? The low molecular weight nature of this nutrient means that it passes through cell membranes effortlessly.
Bottom Line—Best NMN Supplements
You can take steps to improve your health and quality of life as you age. One such effort is supplementing with NMN products. These supplements benefit various aging aspects, including heart health, muscle strength, metabolism, and cognitive function. So if you’re looking for an edge in the battle against Father Time, consider giving NMN supplements a try.
The above 3 brands are great, but we recommend Liposomal NMN+ because of their long money-back guarantee, fast absorption, and clinically studied dose. If you agree with us, you can try this one, and it’s okay if you want to try the remaining 2.
Please remember there is no magic pill, but these supplements work wonders with a healthy diet, giving back even more youthfulness. Also, according to the American academy of dermatology association, if you want to stop the premature aging of your skin, you should immediately stop smoking, start eating whole foods, protect your skin from the sun, cleanse your skin gently, do regular exercise, and apply facial moisturizer regularly.