Resveratrol is an antioxidant compound most commonly found in red wine, berries, peanuts, and 70 other plant species. It has been shown  to have antioxidant-like properties in cell culture and animal studies. The compound has beneficial effects on animals, but there are few human studies with consistent results when looking at supplemental forms of this ingredient.
Some studies have found health benefits from dietary Resveratrol, but the results have been mixed. It is possible that Resveratrol may only be beneficial at high doses or that other compounds in red wine or berries are responsible for any observed effects. More research is needed to understand the role of Resveratrol in human health.
Potential Health Benefits Of Resveratrol
The health benefits of resveratrol range from protecting your heart to boosting brain performance, fighting certain cancers, and improving your life span. Here is a list of some expected health benefits associated with the use of Resveratrol;
Improve Life Span
Research proving that Resveratrol can extend the lifespan in different organisms is emerging. Still, evidence  suggests it works by activating genes that fend off diseases associated with aging. It does this similarly with calorie restriction - one way or another, this can fight cell death and promote survival longer than normal.
- Although animal research  is promising, humans can also take advantage of this connection by eating more Resveratrol products.
- Studies  show that Resveratrol can extend the lifespan of single-celled organisms, but its effects on animal longevity are minimal. However, more in-depth and practical research is needed to determine its efficacy in humans.
- Resveratrol has been shown  to have several anti-aging properties. It can reduce oxidative stress and inflammation and regulate metabolism by preserving cell function, among other things.
- Another study  also found that using Resveratrol on the skin can significantly improve fine lines, wrinkles, and elasticity within three months.
Research into the benefits of Resveratrol is ongoing, but this antioxidant will likely provide answers to many health questions in the coming years.
Lower Blood Pressure
One of the most promising potential benefits of Resveratrol is its ability to lower blood pressure by increasing the level of nitric oxide.
- In a recent study , people who took Resveratrol significantly reduced both systolic and diastolic blood pressure. Resveratrol may work by inhibiting the activity of an enzyme involved in developing high blood pressure.
- Resveratrol also increases  the nitric oxide level, which is known to relax the blood arteries.
Improve Blood Fats
Resveratrol has been studied for its potential health benefits, including its ability to improve blood fats. Studies show that taking resveratrol supplements can help reduce your blood fat levels.
- In a recent study , people who took Resveratrol had significantly lower LDL cholesterol and triglycerides levels than those who didn’t take the supplement. The ingredients also increase HDL (good cholesterol) levels .
- Resveratrol may promote  a healthy fat level by reducing the effect of an enzyme that controls cholesterol production.
Boost Brain Performance
Resveratrol may help slow down age-related cognitive  decline. This is due to its ability to interfere with beta-amyloid proteins, which are key to forming the plaques that represent Alzheimer’s disease symptoms at their worst.
- In recent years, many people have been making the connection between wine and aging well . Red wine contains an antioxidant: which may help slow down age-related cognitive decline.
- The evidence from clinical trials  suggests that Resveratrol can improve brain blood flow and vasodilator responsiveness.
- The effects of Resveratrol in humans are still being studied; clinical evidence suggests that it can improve brain function. While this has yet to be fully explored and more research needs to be done on its potential benefits for brain health.
Increase Insulin Sensitivity
Resveratrol is beneficial in preventing complications from diabetes by increasing insulin sensitivity . This is due to its ability to block an enzyme that creates sorbitol when glucose levels are too high – which can cause cell damage and oxidative stress.
- This powerful antioxidant has been shown  to have many health benefits for diabetes. These include increasing insulin sensitivity as well as preventing complications associated with diabetes.
- In one animal study , Resveratrol was a more effective antioxidant in rats with diabetes than in those who didn’t have it.
In the future, researchers say Resveratrol could be used to treat diabetes and its complications. However, more study is needed before this becomes a reality.
May Prevent Cancer
Resveratrol has received a great deal of attention in recent years due to its potential health benefits, which include cancer prevention and treatment.
- Numerous studies  have found that Resveratrol can inhibit cancer cell growth and promote the formation of new blood vessels. These findings indicate that Resveratrol could play a major role in cancer prevention and treatment.
- As more research  is conducted on this powerful compound, even more, health benefits will likely be discovered. The results of these studies are promising, but they are mostly done in vitro or on animals; that’s why more in-depth human research is necessary.
What do we look for in a supplement?
As you search for the best Resveratrol supplements, you will see many options. What works for you may not be a better choice for others. When researching the best Resveratrol, Dr. Sajid, Ph.D. (Pharmacognosy), says to consider these important factors:
- Money Back Guarantee—Always choose products backed by a money-back guarantee. This allows the customer to test the supplement; if it doesn’t work, they can return it and get their money back.
- Safety Of Ingredients—Always read different clinical studies on ingredients and their effects on the human body.
- Potency—the number of ingredients needed to produce the desired effect. Usually, supplements don’t contain enough key constituents to be effective.
- Third-party tested—Search for supplements with third-party testing badges on their label. Although this is not mandatory by law, checking your product for third-party testing is good.
Best Resveratrol Supplement Brands
1. Purely beneficial Resveratrol
Purely Beneficial is a company that provides high-quality supplements made from 100% natural and organic ingredients. They stand behind each product they manufacture, so if your order doesn’t meet their standards of excellence (or perhaps even worse than just not being satisfied!), then let them know within 60 days and send back empty bottles at no cost.
- Location: United States
- Cost: $27.99
- How it works: Resveratrol is an antioxidant that can promote healthy aging and protect you from different age-related diseases.
- Purely Beneficial Review: Amazing
- Customer Reviews: 9349 ratings on Amazon. (This can change with time).
Reasons To Buy
- The number one bestseller in the Resveratrol category on Amazon is Purely Beneficial.
- With a 4-star rating and nearly 10,000 reviews on Amazon for this product alone, it’s no wonder that Purely Beneficial has been deemed the best Resveratrol supplement on the market.
- With Purely beneficial, you get your hands on a scientifically studied and purest form of the ingredient that has been proven effective for promoting healthy aging and preventing diseases associated with getting old.
- If you’re unsatisfied with your purchase, let the company know, and they’ll give you 100% of the money back.
How To Take It?
The best way to get the best out of this supplement is to take two capsules once or twice daily as directed by your healthcare provider.
Chuck Lanza said he takes this Resveratrol as part of his supplement program. Along with the other supplements, Chuck is doing just fine!
Dunny Moore said he “did not like the fact they put them all in one bottle and didn’t tell me I ordered three bottles, but then stuffed it into just two. Poor advertising!
2. Toniiq Ultra Pure Resveratrol
Toniiq also offers the highest quality Resveratrol, ethically sourced and cultivated using an extraction process that ensures 98% purity. Most of the other brands only contain 50%.
Toniiq’s commitment to producing high-quality, safe, and effective products is unmatched. Their state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in America and NSF certification make them one of your best options for supplements on the market today.
- Cost: $18.87 for subscribed customers and $20.97 for a one-time purchaser.
- How it works: Resveratrol is proven to promote healthy aging and protect you from age-related diseases like cancer, diabetes, and brain issues.
- Toniiq Ultra Pure Resveratrol Review: Very Good
- Customer Reviews: 5759 ratings on Amazon. (This can change with time).
Reasons To Buy
- Toniiq is a premium supplement that contains 98% of the active form of Resveratrol.
- Customers are raving about the product, and you can find thousands of positive customer reviews on Amazon, Walmart, or other retailers.
- The company’s commitment to quality means that each batch of the Toniiq Resveratrol (or other product) is tested for the amount per serving, active ingredients, and any metal elements like lead or arsenic. Batches are also put through an aerobic plate test before they’re released onto shelves, so you know your purchase will be safe from pesky microbes.
How To Take?
Just like Purely Beneficial, you will need to take two pills per day or as prescribed by your physician. Please don’t overdose, as it may cause some unwanted effects. Also, discuss with your healthcare provider if you are pregnant or a breastfeeding mom.
Msquared said on Amazon, “Their products are of high quality, and I have no problem recommending them to others.”
Another customer added, ” I was a little hesitant to try this product at first because of the price and lack of scientific evidence behind it. But after doing some research, I found that plenty of studies prove how beneficial Resveratrol can be for you!”
3. Adora Organic Resveratrol
With our third recommendation, the Adora Resveratrol brand has a blend of Trans-Resveratrol and organic green tea. Quercetin is also included in this supplement to help support joint health, while Grape Seed Extracts can also increase your energy levels.
The ingredients of this product come from rich sources containing polyphenols. Trans-Resveratrol is found in Japanese Knotweed Root Extracts and other powerful antioxidants. The most prevalent one is Quercetin which is extracted not only form organic grapes but also from acai berries.
- Cost: $20.69 for subscribed customers.
- How it works: Resveratrol antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, anti-diabetics, immune booster.
- Adora Organic Review: Very Good
- Customer Reviews: 2852 ratings on Amazon. (This can change with time).
Reasons To Buy
- Their capsules are easy to swallow and provide all of the Resveratrol benefits without any added binders or fillers.
- Their combo includes a vitamin C supplement that will help you feel better inside and outside.
- Customers love the high quality of Adora’s organic Resveratrol, and there are thousands upon thousands of positive customer reviews to prove it.
- Unlike the above-discussed products, this is made with Quercetin, a bioflavonoid that helps balance blood pressure and cholesterol levels. It also has other powerful ingredients like Resveratrol and vitamin C to reduce the risk of age-related diseases.
How To Take?
The usual recommended intake is two capsules per day with or without food. You can take it as directed by your doctor.
GiGi is one happy customer! Her hair loss has been reduced greatly since she’s taken this Resveratrol brand. She said she is sure that it will continue to provide benefits in the future, so if you are experiencing thinning or balding, please give this product a try.”
TyPhX started taking the pills about a week, and they are working well. The ingredients seem more potent than other brands, which offer great health benefits, such as grape seed extract.
4. Thorne ResveraCel
If you are looking for a mixture of antioxidants like Resveratrol, Quercetin, and NAD+ precursors, Thorne ResverCel is our recommended product. This product is also among Amazon and Walmart’s most popular Resveratrol products.
Thorne contains 415mg of nicotinamide riboside (NR), 250mg of Quercetin, and 150 mg of trans Resveratrol. These ingredients support cellular repair, up-regulate the sirtuin proteins, boost NAD+ production, benefit cellular energy production in the mitochondria and support the aging process.
Although the product contains a very low dose of Tran Resveratrol, other antioxidants make it one of the best anti-aging products.
- Cost: $45
- How it works: Resveratrol has antioxidants and is anti-inflammatory. Nicotinamide riboside (NR) boosts NAD+ levels which are proven to repair cells and DNA.
- Thorne ResverCel Review: Very Good
- Customer Reviews: 519 ratings on Amazon. (This can change with time).
Reasons To Buy
- The product is made from a combination of 3 well-researched and proven antiaging ingredients.
- Thorne ResveraCel is a top-rated Resveratrol product with a 4.6/5 star rating based on 519 reviews. This looks amazing when more than 90% of the users love it.
- The only problem with this supplement is its high price. You literally will need to pay $45, which is not cheap.
How To Take?
Always follow the directions on the label. The company recommends taking two pills per day or as your doctor prescribes.
One customer left a review for the product, saying that it was too expensive and that sometimes they felt like their body had gotten used to using these types of products.
Another customer on Amazon said that this product is one of the best deals they’ve seen for highly pure trans-resveratrol, an ingredient used in studies to treat heart disease and cancer.
5. Purity Labs Trans Resveratrol
Purity Lab’s high-potency supplement is also the perfect way to get all your heart-healthy, antioxidant, and antiaging benefits in one easy step.
It is enhanced with Quercetin for powerful cardiovascular support plus Trans Resveratrol that provides maximum protection from environmental elements like stress or pollution.
It contains 1,350mg pure organic Trans-Resveratrol and 150 mg quercetin for vibrant skin supported by better brain function.
- Cost On Amazon: $21.57
- Cost On Walmart: $23.97
- How it works: 1350mg of Resveratrol and Quercetin has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that promote daily aging support.
- Purity Lab’s Trans Resveratrol Review: Very Good
- Customer Reviews: 1782 ratings on Amazon. (This can change with time).
Reasons To Buy
- The 1350 mg of Trans-Resveratrol and 150 of Quercetin make it a potent antioxidant formulation on the market.
- It’s sourced from the roots of Japanese Knotweed, a little herb that delivers powerful antioxidants to your system in capsule form.
- With an ingredient list that doesn’t contain gluten, soy, or sugar, this vegan supplement is perfect for those with allergies. Plus, it’ll be free from all other artificial flavors too.
Christine says that she’s committed to researching supplements, and purity labs have her backed up with their commitment. They’re third-party tested for safety as well.
Margo’s been using the product for about a week, saying, “I didn’t notice any difference at first, but after more time had passed, I began feeling better. It works well with my body chemistry so far!”
Bottom Line—Best Resveratrol Supplements
We hope you enjoyed our rankings of the best resveratrol supplement brands. We stand behind these brands and feel confident in their safety and purity. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thanks for reading!