Does the HairMax help you regrow your hair? Read our “HairMax Laserband 82 Review” for features, pros and cons, price, and many more.
The company offers 2 different Laserbands, one with 41 lasers while the other uses 82 lasers. It can be used by both men and women.
If You look at the price of this Laser band it comes in 699$.
So is Hairmax Laserband any good and is it worth the price?
In this Hairmax Laserband 82 Review, we will take a deeper look at some of the claims, and compare it with the reality. We will also add some verified customer reviews for understanding whether they provide any value to the customer or just a scam like other products.
Hairmax Laserband 82 Review (Quick)
Full Name: Hairmax Laseraband 82
Company Name: Hairmax
Best Place To Buy: Probably Amazon
Best Price: 699$
Amazon Rating: 3.7/5 (51 customer ratings, May change with time)
My Rating: 7/10
Hairmax Laserband 82 Review (Full Review)
After hours of research and reading of many verified customer reviews, we posted this Hairmax Review. Keep in mind that the statements are based on observation and honest opinion.
The Hairmax was founded in 2000 and is the leading global brand in at-home hair growth technology. According to the company claims that Hairmax is dedicated to improving and enriching lives by incorporating the science of hair growth into every product they sell.
Hairmax is a crescent shape laser therapy device that is claimed to reverse the hair loss process by stimulating and energizing hair follicles.
The band includes a specific number of medical-grade lasers that are expected to grow hair and stimulate your hair follicles. In This case, the Hairmax Laserband uses 82 lasers.
The LaserBand 82 comes with a device, a power adapter, a rechargeable battery, a user manual, and a quick start guide.
Claim#1: The company claims that the device is safe to use as it is FDA cleared. So Is HairMax safe to use?
- Our Thoughts: Generally, these devices are safe to use. They use the same technology as other laser devices use and according to FDA, they are safe to use.
Claim#2: Another claim The company made is that Hairmax Laserband is one of the fastest laser hair loss treatment. You have to use it for 90 seconds and 3 days a week for the best results.
- Our Thoughts: Honestly speaking don’t expect miracles from this band at least this is not fast treatment.
Claim#3: They also claim that it is proven to regrow hair with an average increase in hair count of 129 additional new hairs per square inch.
- Our Thoughts: Hairmax is certified through 8 FDA clearances, 7 clinical studies, 14 international medical device licenses and 6 published medical journals. One such study has concluded that it is safe to use and may be effective for both men and women with pattern hair loss. But for me, the increment of 129 hairs per square may not be the right claim.
- Doctor Recommended Laser Band: HairMax Laser Band uses medical-grade 82 lasers. The device is safe and may be used for Androgenetic alopecia – which includes Hereditary Hair Loss, Male and Female pattern hair loss, age-related hair loss & thinning and also menopause-related hair loss.
- Beautiful Design: This Laser Band is designed in such a way that it can be used to cover your whole in three sections.
- Portable & Light Weight: The HairMax laser Band 82 is light, comfortable, portable and practical for home or travel use. There are no heavy batteries to carry. It comes with a rechargeable battery and a power cord.
- Trusted Brand: According to the company, HairMax is validated by 8 FDA approvals, 7 clinical studies, 14 international medical device licenses and 6 published medical journals. Since 2000, 1.7 million devices have been sold worldwide. The original HairMax laser device was touted as the invention of Time magazine of the year and has since been reported positively in almost all media.
What I Liked About Hairmax Laserband
- The device is FDA is cleared so safe to use
- Proven through clinical studies
- No use of LED
- Only use medical grade lasers
- It’s easy to use and lightweight
- Will make your healthy and shiny if not regrow
- No side effects reported
What I don’t Like about Hairmax Laserband
- Progress is slow
- Many unsatisfied users
- They deduct a 20% fee for return
- The price may be an issue for some people
- May not work for all form of hair loss
- Not clinically tested for dark brown and black skin tones
Benefits Of Using HairMax Laser Comb
Following are some of the benefits HairMax offers
- It activates your Hair Follicles and treats hair loss
- It also stimulates new hair growth
- The device has got 7 FDA clearances
- HairMax can repair damage hairs
- Thicken Hair
How Does HairMax Laser Comb work?
Hair Max laser devices work through the photo-biostimulation process.
Photo-biostimulation is the use of light therapy including lasers, light-emitting diodes, and broadband light, in the visible (400 – 700 nm) and near-infrared (700 – 1100 nm) electromagnetic spectrum.
Hairmax uses safe and nourishing light in the follicles of your hair to activate it for strong growth. This laser light boost hair growth rejuvenates hair follicles and helps revitalize and restore the natural hair growth cycle.
Basically– it works the same way as other laser devices work.
The only thing I don’t like is that it is a band which will not cover the whole area of your head.
That can be pretty uncomfortable- Since you will move the device on your head.
Does Hairmax Laserband work?
While researching the HairMax Laserband 82 review, we read some verified customer reviews and based on that we come up with some points.
This is a valid question as you are investing a whole lot of money plus time and if It didn’t work all your money will go in vain.
So does HairMax Laserband 82 really Work>
They use low-level laser therapy and we all know that such therapy exists and is safe to use.
They will not reverse the severe loss and they will not be able to restore the hair follicles that are not currently working.
It only works for mild to moderate hair loss in both men and women.
The HairMax claims that this band is backed by 7 clinical studies, 8 FDA clearances, many medical journals and doctor recommendations.
A 2014 study, found that the use of HairMax LaserComb led to statistically significant improvements in hair density and growth at rates comparable to short-term clinical trials with Rogaine and Propecia.
Another study published found that laser treatments at 655 nm (HairMax devices deliver 660) for six weeks has led to statistically significant improvements in hair growth in men with alopecia.
A more recent study found that wearing laser-fitted caps was an effective hair loss treatment for the 36 men and women assessed. Although they didn’t mention a laser band in their study the caps and the bands work on the same principle.
However, a more in-depth research is required to show the efficacy of these low-level laser devices.
HairMax Laserband 82 Review (Customer)
This Product has got an overall rating of 3.8/5 stars after more than 52 reviews on Amazon. Let’s take a deeper look at what other people think about HairMax LaserBand 82?
- 54% of people- 5-star rating
- 9% of people- 4-star rating
- 14% of people- 3-star ratings
If you combine these you will understand that a significant number of HairMax users were delighted with these devices. They reported seeing significant improvements in the thickness and density of their hair after several months of use.
While many other customers thought they had seen minute improvements to their hairline after regular use, but were not visible or not worth the cost of the kit. They reported that the photos of their scalp showed a little less thinning, but that they couldn’t tell the difference on a daily basis and were therefore unhappy with the treatment.
Some HairMax users were literally not satisfied with the quality of the products. They reported that they had crumbled within a few months of use and that it was a tedious process for the company to resolve the problem, leaving them without a treatment option for several weeks.
Long story short the HairMax laser devices result in noticeable improvements in hair loss and density for many users, but others don’t notice any difference or think the results are too minute to be worth the cost.
What we have learned so far from this HairMax Laserband 82 Review?
- First thing HairMax is a great product with many positive reviews from verified customers
- The second thing this product is FDA cleared, supported by many clinical studies
- The third thing is this product is not a cheap one and you have to pay a lot of money for this little device. However, this is still cheaper than it’s competitors on the market.
To wind up our “HairMax Review” the company enjoys excellent customer feedback, and proven case studies with success rates above 90% are, in fact, thoughtful for recommending the device. Many clinical studies have confirmed successful growth rates after using it regularly for 6 months and there are cases where patients have promising results after 16 weeks of use.
If you use HairMax as recommended, you are likely to experience some level of hair growth. Please note that the results may be more subtle than desired and that you will have to use the device indefinitely to maintain the results.
Now that you have read our full HairMax Laserband 82 Review and still want to buy this product it’s totally up to you and if you don’t want to buy there are other options like the use of oral supplements such as Nutrafol For Men & Women.
Keep in mind that this HairMax Laserband 82 Review is based on our honest opinions and hours of research.
You can also use a hair growth serum like Folliboost Hair growth serum for topical use.
And if you are looking for another Laser device we recommend you should read our full review of 5 best Laser hair growth devices that are cleared by the FDA.
You can tell our reader about your experience in the comment section below if you have already used it.
- Capillus Laser Cap Review: Is it Worth it?
- Best Handheld LED light Therapy devices
- Best Hair Growth Pills
If you buy something through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. Learn How it Works