Does Capillus Cap help you regrow your hair? Read our Capillus Laser Cap Review for features, pros and cons, price, and many more.
Capillus Laser Cap is the modern laser hair growth therapy cap claimed to reverse the hereditary hair loss in both men & women. The company claims that this laser cap is safe to use, clinically tested, and FDA cleared.
They use low-level laser therapy, and It has been shown that red laser light effectively stimulates and strengthens cells in the hair follicle without causing any damage.
The company was founded in 2012, and it has provided thousands of high-quality medical laser devices worldwide, which maintain their high standards. It offers three versions of the same device, which vary in intensity and number of lasers used.
Capillus devices offer 3 versions
- Capillus272 (CapillusPro)
- Capillus202 (CapillusPlus)
- The Capillus82 (CapillusUltra)
Our research team ignored their claims and began looking for clinical evidence to support or deny the claims of Capillus laser cap manufacturers. We were also concerned about the complaints we received regarding Capillus Caps. Lastly, we summarize all the results of a thorough Capillus review to give you the information you need so that you can make a better decision before trying it out.
Let’s find out if it is possible to regrow hair with Capillus Laser Cap.
Research About Low-Level Laser Therapy
I guess you are already familiar with low-level laser therapy (LLLT). There are pretty good scientific studies behind the Low-level laser therapy that prove its efficacy in treating hair loss.
- A clinical study showed that low-level laser therapy (LLLT) stimulates hair growth in both men and women.
- Another study found that FDA-approved Low-level laser therapy (LLLT) devices are both safe and effective in patients with male pattern hair loss (MPHL) and female pattern hair loss (FPHL) who are unresponsive or inaccessible to standard treatment.
- Another 2019 study suggests that laser therapy has a positive effect on hair regrowth. However, further studies in the form of well-designed, randomized controlled trials are needed.
- According to a 2018 study That the New helmet-type LLLT device appears to be an effective treatment option for androgenetic alopecia in both men and women with minimal side effects. However, the study was small, with no long-term follow-up data.
The laser device’s biggest problem is not that laser therapy doesn’t work, but that finding the right laser is a daunting and painful process. You have to check the Wavelength, power, pulse texture, and other aspects of low-level light therapy devices, and these features can affect how a particular device works.
History Behind The Low-Level Laser Therapy
The low-level laser therapy utilizes red lasers between the frequencies of about 630 to 670 nanometers. A Hungarian doctor from the 1970s initially tried to see if these red lasers would help reduce skin cancer but instead, he found that it promoted hair growth.
Before going into the Capillus Laser Cap Review, let me first tell you some facts and research about this therapy type.
Claim#1: 95% Success rate
- Our Thoughts: Although the device work for many people, the success rate may not be 95%. I know some studies back the claim, but the Capillus company sponsored the study. More research is needed in this regard. If you look at the verified customer reviews, more than 70% of people have rated it 4+/5. (Quite impressive)
Claim#2: Clinically Proven and FDA cleared
- Our Thoughts: Yes, you can check that there are FDA approval documents on the official website. Other than this, they have done several clinical studies to show therapy productiveness in long-term sessions.
Claim#3: Safe & Effective
- Our Thoughts: Although the Capillus laser cap is safe to use as they work on the Low-level laser therapy, we all know that this type of therapy is safe to use. As effectiveness is a concern, the device will work for certain types of hereditary hair loss.
How The Laser Therapy Work?
It works by stimulating hair follicles and then also prolongs the adhesion phase.
These low-level lasers are absorbed by the hair follicles to increase cell metabolism and rejuvenate the follicles that stimulate the hair’s growth phase. It also increases the rate of proliferation and active antigen hair follicles.
The exact mechanism isn’t fully known, but evidence suggests that the lasers also enhanced gene activity and decreases something known as apoptosis by targeting the cytochrome C intracellularly, which increases vascularity in the blood.
Capillus Laser Cap Review
For the Capillus Laser Cap Review, we looked at many reviews, talked to consumers, and looked at specifications. Let’s take a closer look.
This is modern cap uses medical-grade lasers that stimulate your hair follicle and grows your hair. If you wear this hat daily, the company claims that it stimulates and nourishes the cells in the follicles of your hair. It can thicken hair follicles and promote thicker and healthier hair.
The only difference between these three types of caps is the number of lasers and intensity used.
Product Name: Capillus
Best Place to Buy: Amazon
Best Actual Price:
Let’s take a look at some of the prominent features of the Capillus laser cap.
- FDA and Clinically cleared: The company claims that these caps are cleared by the FDA and are clinically tested. It is a safe and effective treatment for hereditary hair loss like hair thinning, receding hairline, and pattern baldness.
- Easy To Use: For thicker and healthy hair, you have to use it for 6 minutes on your hair. The CapillusUltra uses 82 medical lasers, CapillusPlus uses 202 laser diodes, and the CapillusPro uses 272 laser diodes that comfortably treat your scalp with the flexible fitting in a short time.
- The number of Laser Lights: The more laser lights the cap has, the more beneficial it is. More lights provide a better coverage area.
- Lightweight: It’s lightweight and sits easily on the head.
- Timeline: 6-12 months. You will see some positive results after six months of using this cap.
- Battery: The cap is powered by a lithium-ion battery, which you can put on your wristband to wear so that you can move freely.
- Price: The company offers three different versions of the same device, which vary in intensity and number of lasers used. The price for each cap is different, ranging from 850$-3000$.
- Warranty: Capillus provides a 1-year limited warranty on the cap and a 1-year limited warranty on the battery pack and AC Adapter.
Pros & Cons Of Capillus Cap
Do Capillus Laser Cap Really Works?
Low-Level Laser therapy is a reality, and there are a lot of research studies out there that support this claim. The question is, do Capillus Laser cap work?
The result of using Capillus is different from person to person. This device has proven to be more effective in people with moderate hair loss.
One thing to remember is that laser technology does not work to reverse baldness. However, if you have thinning hair problems, you can promote them using a laser Capillus Cap or another LLLT device.
How Safe is the Capillus Laser Cap?
There are no severe side effects recorded, and the device is tested several times in various studies. The FDA also approved it, so the FDA doesn’t clear a device before testing it for safety.
The Capillus cap uses 650nm of light, which is not harmful to the skin cells or scalp; the lights absorb the skin without discomfort and pain. The temperature emitted by the laser also does not damage the scalp.
Please avoid direct contact with the eyes as it can hurt your eyes.
How much does the Capillus laser cap cost?
The cost of a Capillus laser cap depends on the number of lasers used inside the cap. The Capillus cap with 82 lasers will cost you around 850$, while the one with 202 and 272 lasers will cost you 1750 and 2600$, respectively.
How to Use Capillus Cap?
First, charge the device for 24 hours and then disconnect it from the battery. After that, place it on your hair. There is a red light that will only turn on when the device is on your head.
Let it sit for 6 minutes, then take it off and repeat the procedure every day.
If you compare it with other laser hair growth devices, this one is difficult to use as you have to use it daily. At the same time, other competitors of this cap need to be used three times per week.
What to Expect From Capillus?
The company states that the results vary from person to person. However, you can expect your results to meet the standard time limit.
- 0-3 months: You may notice an increase in hair fall, which signifies that treatment is underway, and your scalp is making room for new hair.
- 3-6 months: Dandruff should be light, and hair may look a bit too thick
- Twelve months: Your results can be noticeable, especially if you take before and after pictures.
- Twenty-four months +: You will now see the full effect and keep the results as long as you continue the treatment.
Capillus Laser Cap Reviews By customers
Low-level laser therapy indeed works, and many clinical studies are supporting this claim. As for as this product is a concern, the Customer feedback about Capillus was mixed, and there was no clear consensus about the product. There have been many positive reviews from satisfied consumers, but they have also complained about the product’s inadequacy by consumers.
However, we all know that a product must have some negative points. Still, we believe Capillus is one of the best laser hair growth caps out there that has provided thousands of quality medical laser hair growth devices globally.
This product’s TrustPilot profile is pretty awesome and has got 4.4/5 stars when the total reviews were 1100+.
Take a look at the verified customer reviews from Amazon.
If you look at the Capillus 82 reviews, you will see many satisfied and unsatisfied customers, but the ratings are impressive.
If you look at the Capillus pro reviews on Amazon, it’s not very impressive-Only 41% of people have rated it 4+ out of 5.
While the Capillus Plus Reviews on Amazon are 3.1/5, only 55% of people have rated it 4+ ratings.
The biggest complaints were related to the price of the device.
Considering the cost of Capillus- I think these complaints are entirely legal.
I would never buy (and would not recommend) such an expensive device.
But if you can afford it, then Capillus might be worth it.
So based on our Capillus laser cap review, what should you choose?
If you need more lasers and your affected area is more, you should go to the CapillusPro. We recommend that you choose the CapillusPlus because they use 202 medical-grade lasers, and the price is less than the CapillusPro.
But if the budget is not an issue, you can buy The capillusPros, and if you can’t afford these two, the best choice is to buy the one with a lower price (CapillusUltra).
Technically there is no difference among these three caps; if you are looking for a full scalp coverage, Capillus202 or Capillus272 might be a better solution.
To conclude, our “Capillus Laser Cap Review” it’s a bit of a mixed bag. Many Capillus Laser cap consumers are happy with this product and claim it helps their hair grow again. Others didn’t notice much difference or thought the cap was too expensive for that purpose.
But the question is which Capillus device is best?
They offer three laser caps, and they differ from each other only by the number of lasers they have used. More lasers mean better coverage of the affected area.
The Capillus Pro can cost you 2599$, while CapillusPlus 1749$ and CapillusUltra 849$.
You can buy this product if you agree with our opinion and if you disagree, it’s totally fine; In this case, you can consider one of the five best Laser hair growth devices like caps & helmets.
If you buy something through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. Learn How it Works