In this Nutrafol Review, we’ll take a closer look at this product to see what’s special about the Nutrafol and whether it’s worth buying.
Nutrafol is a dietary supplement specifically designed to improves hair growth, shines, and thickness in both men and women of all ages.
The ingredients of these supplements can help improve hair growth and quality. But some ingredients reduce stress and fatigue, improve sleep quality, and contribute to a healthy lifestyle that can ultimately prevent hair loss.
In this Nutrafol Review, we will take a closer look at some of the most important factors, such as the claims, pros & cons, what other people think and what we think about this product.
According to the official company website, this company was started by three people who were fed up from using different hair care products with scary side effects. So they finally decided to design the product that worked for them because they all suffered from hair fall, thinning and other hair problems.
Since its launch in 2015, Nutrafol has been supported by Unilever Ventures and invested a third of its total funding directly from consumers and professionals in research & development and clinical trials. This company has become a growing hair growth brand.
Nutrafol Company Claims
- The company claim that these products are designed and formulated by a group of physicians (Naturopathic Doctors) that work together to grow more healthy and thick hairs.
- Another claim Nutrafol made is that the supplement is 100% drug-free.
- The product uses clinically tested ingredients for hair growth and thickness. These ingredients encourage hair growth such as Ashwagandha, Curcumin, Saw Palmetto, Marine Collagen, and Biotin.
- Nutrafol is Trusted by 1,500 physicians and stylists nationwide.
Research About Nutrafol
A 2018 medical study by the Abalon Institute of Research shows that “Nutrafol” can effectively promote healthy hair growth and improve women’s overall hair quality.
Forty healthy women with self-perceived thinning were measured in a six-month double-blind study. The results of this study were published in the Journal of Drugs in Dermatology. Below are some of the findings of this study.
- 80.8% of test subjects reported increased hair thickness/body
- 80.8% of test subjects reported increased hair growth
- 76.9% of test subjects reported noticeable new hair
- 73.1% of test subjects reported an improved hair growth rate
- 73.1% of test subjects reported increased hair volume
Now that we have some information about this company, we will discuss it’s products in detail. In this Nutrafol Review, we will add all the negative and positive points of these products, and after that, If they are not up to the mark, we will not recommend it to you, or we will recommend it’s better alternatives.
Keep in mind these Nutrafol reviews are based on our honest opinion and research hours on these products. We also want to tell our readers that statements on DrugsBank are fair comment based on observation.
Nutrafol Women’s Review
- Full Name: Nutrafol Women
- Best Actual Price: 80$/120 capsules
- Best Place to Buy: Probably Amazon
- My Rating: 9/10
- Amazon Rating: 4/5
Nutrafol is a supplement that contains the proprietary composition of the ingredients. They include plant substances such as vitamin E, palm oil, ashwagandha, and curcumin. Vitamins such as biotin and keratin; and antioxidants such as resveratrol.
These ingredients have been clinically tested for effectiveness against certain major causes of hair fall and effectiveness against hormones.
- Clinically Tested: The company claims that this supplement is clinically tested, and when we researched, the claim is true up to some extent. In a clinical study, 80% of women saw hair growth and thickness. Promotes robustness, brightness, density, better texture, and less breakage.
- Clinically proven Ingredients: Made of ingredients that have been shown to promote hair growth, strength, shine, density, better texture, and reduced hair growth.
- Safety and efficacy: Nutrafol is safe and effective for hair growth and hair thinning. They don’t use the drug, so it’s safe to use.
The Nutrafol for men and women’s uses only natural ingredients that have been shown to work effectively while maintaining a healthy scalp, thinning hair, and preventing hair loss while being good for strengthening hair.
The only difference between Nutrafol Men and Nutrafol for women is that the men formula has more “saw palmetto” -a highly effective DHT blocker. This ingredient is added more because men may produce more of this hair-damaging hormone DHT.
Here is a list of the ingredients used in the Nurafol supplement. All of these supplements are clinically proven to be effective for hair growth. We have included research studies from trusted sources;
- Ashwagandha: It is known in India as a miraculous herb that has more than 6000 benefits to treat different conditions such as stress reduction, anti-inflammatory, and hair follicle stimulants, etc. , 
- Tocotrienols complex: They are part of the vitamin E chemicals that help fight free radicals. They are useful for reducing the inflammation that causes thinning hair. This ingredient helps in healthy hair growth. 
- Saw Palmetto: palmetto is a shrimp plant that is used in food or medicine, which is used to treat many health conditions, such as hair loss, bladder infections, prostate cancer, and sexual desire reduction. 
- Curcumin: It is turmeric that reduces stress hormones, cortisol, C-reactive protein (CRP), and other harmful biomarkers. This ingredient prevents the excessive production of dihydrotestosterone dye (DHT), a hormone that restricts hair growth and causes hair loss in both men and women.
- Marine collagen: An antioxidant obtained from the North Atlantic Cod helps improve hair health and hair growth. Other benefits include: Improves hair moisture, the vitamin B group is responsible for hair regeneration. 
- Horsetail Herb Extract: It is a weed that resembles asparagus; it is small and contains hair growth, minerals rich in selenium. It also contains silica, which helps strengthen, thicken, and prevent hair loss. 
- Biotin: Biotin belongs to the vitamin B complex family and does the construction work for healthy hair. That is why biotin deficiency causes rapid hair loss and headaches. Also, the use of biotin improves your body’s keratin infrastructure. And keratins make your hair, skin, and nails basic proteins. In this way, biotin stimulates fatty acids and amino acids by counteracting dry scalp hair loss, and hair loss. , 
- Black Pepper Fruit Extract: It is full of many essential vitamins A and C, minerals, flavonoids, carotenoids, and other antioxidants. This ingredient is used for helping hair growth, combating opacity, a natural antidepressant.
- Cayenne pepper: Red pepper is known to support protein production effectively, with properties that combat stress. The compound capsaicin in Cayenne helps to accelerate hair growth. 
- L-Lysine: L-lysine is an essential amino acid that works with hair to improve hair density, and with methionine, a sulfur-rich substance that is good for hair. 
- L. Methionine: L-Methionine is another amino acid that is essential for hair growth, hair shaft development. It also promotes the overall health of the scalp.
- Selenium: Selenium helps the antioxidant enzyme to ensure that the hair is protected from cell damage. Another benefit of selenium is proper thyroid care for hair growth. 
- Resveratrol: It is an antioxidant needed to protect the scalp against oxidative stress caused by free radicals. This improves hair growth and development and ensures that your hair has a good overall quality.
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A helps maintain hair growth. Vitamin A is also combined with zinc, respectively, to dry and prevent the scalp’s sebaceous glands. 
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C also stimulates the synthesis of collagen, which protects the skin, scalp, and hair. Vitamin C is needed to make collagen and can help prevent hair from growing. Good sources include peppers, sour fruits, and strawberries. 
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D is an important factor in the health and fertility of hair. This component reduces the damage caused by stress. 
- Organic Kelp: Kelps are a good source of iodine, potassium, and iron that make the thyroid healthy, prevent hair from thinning and falling out.
- Zinc: Hair loss is associated with zinc deficiency. Tissue development and cell repair are enhanced by using more zinc. Also, zinc is responsible for the function of the sebaceous gland around the hair follicle. 
How does it work?
The purpose of Nutrafol is to balance stress and androgen hormones, neutralize free radicals, and fight inflammatory molecules that change hair growth. In other words, it counteracts many key factors (such as stress and inflammation) that make your hair thinner, while giving your hair a better environment that is likely to grow.
It works best for mild to moderate hair loss due to stress, aging, and even genetics. It’s also a great option for women who just want to find healthy hair or avoid hair fall. While Pregnant and lactating women should wait until they stop breastfeeding before starting Nutrafol. If you have an illness or are taking anti-coagulants and blood thinners, you should consult your doctor before taking the supplement.
Each bottle contains 120 capsules, a monthly intake of the recommended dose of 4 capsules per day. Take at least six months or longer for best results. Do not exceed the recommended dose. Avoid it If you are allergic to any ingredient present in this formulation.
Pros & Cons Of Nutrafol
Nutrafol Men Review
- Full Name: Nutrafol Men
- Price: 88$/120 capsules
- Best place to Buy: Probably Amazon
- Amazon Rating: 4/5
- My Rating: 8/10
Nutrafol is a hair growth supplement for men who want to protect and improve their hair’s health.
This men formula has more “saw palmetto” -a highly effective DHT inhibitor (blocker). This ingredient is added more because men may produce more of this hair-damaging hormone DHT.
The good thing in this supplement is that it contains some ingredient that treats the root cause of hair loss and some ingredients that help reduce stress, improve sleep, and help men lead healthier lives.
Nutrafol is offered as a monthly plan that costs 88 $ a month. They claim that you set growth goals for the first three months, you will start seeing healthy hair growth in months four, five, and six, and from seven months on, you are taking Nutrafol for men to maintain and improve your hair further.
In this Nutrafol men Review, we’ll take a closer look at the formula to see what’s special about the Nutrafol Men and whether it’s worth buying.
- Natural Ingredients: Like it’s other products for women, this brand also uses some organic ingredients like ashwagandha, Curcumin, Saw Palmetto, Marine Collagen, and Biotin. These ingredients help in growing healthy and shiny hairs.
- Multitargeting: This supplement contains different ingredients that work on different mechanisms to minimize hair loss and regrow the lost hairs. These multitargeted ingredients help rebalance the body to encourage healthy hair growth.
- Drugs Free: This supplement is 100% drug-free as per the manufacturer claim.
Pros And Cons
The following are some of the “Nutrafol Men Review” Pros and Cons. Let’s take a look;
Nutrafol For Men Side Effects
Here is a list of the potential adverse effects. This is not a complete list of side effects.
- Feelings of nausea
Always take it as recommended or directed by your health care provider. Excess of everything is bad.
The usual recommended dietary intake should be 4 capsules once daily with a meal. For best results use it for 6 months and beyond. Don’t use more than the recommended dose.
Nutrafol Women’s Balance Review
- Full Name: Nutrafol Women’s Balance
- Best Actual Price: 80$/120 capsules
- Best Place to Buy: Probably Amazon
- My Rating: 9/10
- Amazon Rating: 4/5
Made from natural ingredients that target the main causes of hair loss. Specially developed for women before, during, and after menopause. The broader scientific and medical community has recognized the drug-free multipurpose approach of Nutrafol with 100% drugs free and has been classified as trustworthy.
It is a pioneering formula with patented stress adaptogens, DHT inhibitors, and super antioxidants. It has been shown to increase hormone health and oxidative stress, along with maca and astaxanthin.
- Additional Ingredients: Made from maca, which reduces hot flashes and astaxanthin, an antioxidant that improves healthy life. Other important ingredients can help improve sleep, skin, and nails.
- Cost: The price of this pack is the same as the other two products. It comes with 120 capsules.
- Trusted Brand: According to the manufacturer- Over 1,300 top dermatologists, cosmetic surgeons, and hairdressers trust it.
- Gluten-Free: This supplement is 100% drugs free and is gluten-free. It is safe to use, and all the ingredients are backed by research.
Pros & Cons Of Nutrafol Women’s
You have to take 4 capsules per day after meals. Don’t exceed the recommended dose. Always ask your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Nutrafol Reviews (Customers)
If you look at the customer Nutrafol Reviews online, you will find many satisfied customers while very few customers criticized this product.
With nearly 1021 Ratings at the time of this blog post, Nutrafol has rated 4/5 stars on Amazon.com. What makes it great for some and not so good for others. Let’s take a look;
Please keep in mind that these Nutrafol Reviews are from Amazon, and we all know that they don’t allow an unverified customer to give reviews, so these ratings are verified.
Positive Nutrafol Reviews
According to a customer, it takes 2-6 months, but they see real change. Others say it is worth the cost.
Another positive review, a woman was recovering from bald spots after a large hair extension. She started slowly, with two capsules daily, and increased her daily dose to four capsules. She noticed that her bald spots were filling up, and her hair was thick.
Some women note that they only take two pills a day with a recommended dose of four, and they still feel better.
Another customer name Ariane mentioned that Nutrafol is the best thing you can do for your hair. She said that her thin hair has been growing well, and I’ve been using it for only four months.
Negative Nutrafol Reviews
No product is perfect; the biggest concern was the price of this product.
One such customer criticized this product that This is a very expensive formula for readily available ingredients and should cost around $ 35.00.
Some also have stomach pain, but in my opinion, if you take it as directed by your healthcare provider, this will help you.
In my opinion, if you want results, you must give some time because this supplement needs at least 2-3 months to show results.[again, this is my personal opinion].
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Nutrafol safe?
Yes, because it contains natural ingredients that are well tolerated and doesn’t cause any side effects. However, like any other supplement, this may cause allergic reactions, but it’s very rare. It may also cause other side effects such as headaches, nausea, vomiting, constipation, etc.
How long does it take Nutrafol to work?
According to the company, After 3-6 months of using Nutrafol, you will start feeling that your hair’s quality has changed. You will also feel other benefits like reduced stress and improved sleep, in your first three months.
Does Nutrafol really work?
It contains some ingredients known as an adaptogen that reduces stress and anxiety; we know the stress and inflammation cause hair loss and many other conditions. Nutrafol helps rebalance cortisol levels, and because of this supplement, hair follicles can stay in its growth phase for longer.
Nutrafol’s purpose is to naturally balance stress and androgen hormones, neutralize free radicals, and counteract inflammatory molecules that alter hair growth.
Is Nutrafol legit?
Nutarfol is available in 80$ per bottle, which is very expensive for a hair growth supplement but is it legit or a scam like many other hair supplements? In my opinion, this not surely a scam product, and it works well for many people.
What do other people think About Nutrafol?
Surprisingly, some of the reviews I received on Nutrafol were not positive.
There were quite satisfied customers, but I also found many people complaining about the price, side effects, and quality of the product.
Some of the users were praising the positive effects of this supplement on their hair growth. But like we all know, every product has some positive and negative points.
If you look at the Nutrafol Ratings on Amazon, it’s great; I mean, this product has got 3.8/5 (Total 707 ratings).
Verdict- Nutrafol Review
To conclude, our “Nutrafol Review” is a bit of a mixed bag; the product has pretty much positive reviews from the customers.
However, there are some complaints about product packing and price.
Yes, Nutrafol is expensive, and this may be a problem for many people, but in my opinion, it’s worth the price.
After reading this Nutrafol review, one thing is clear that it is not a scam.
We recommend Nutrafol but We don’t claim that this product will do wonders. The ingredients present in this formulation will obviously help you manage your condition.
Note: Dietary supplements are not evaluated by the FDA and do not intend to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent diseases or health conditions.
Medically Reviewed by a Registered Pharmacist: Manzoor Ahmad (Pharm-D)
- 5 Best Laser Hair Growth Devices (FDA cleared Helmets & Caps)
- 5 Best Hair Growth Pills That Actually Work
- Folliboost Hair growth Serum Review
- HairMax Laserband 82 Review: Does it work?
If you buy something through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. Learn How it Works