In this “Zomee double electric breast pump review” you will learn what it is and how does it work? What are the features, pros and cons, FAQs, and some customer Zomee breast pump reviews?
Since we are way past the gender discrimination days, women also tend to work day and night for their families. But that does not stop some women from making and raising a family. There was a time when women could either work or raise kids.
But thankfully technology and innovation have changed this school of thought, and a woman can do both simultaneously. When it comes to raising a kid, the most important aspect is making sure that the baby is fed correctly.
And the essential food for the newly born baby is the mother’s milk, or you can say breast milk. Because mother’s milk has extraordinary and unique antibodies that help the baby fight any disease. It is suggested that babies be fed with breast milk for at least eight months to 1 and a half years of age.
But when it comes to working women, there is a dilemma of women feeding in public. Some people think of it as a shameful act and think that women should hide the process. While some women also feel shy in feeding their baby openly in public, and that is why there are breast pumps for that.
In this buyer’s guide, we will take a look at some of the prominent features of this device and will tell you what you can and can’t expect?
Let’s have a quick overview first;
Zomee Breast Pump Review
Product Name: Zomee breast pump
Best Place To Buy: Amazon and company site
Total Reviews at the time of writing: 284
Zomee Double Electric Breast Pump Review
You must have read and heard many Unimom Zomee breast pump reviews but, here, you will be reading much more than usual. So, please stick with us and know more about Zomee breast pump.
Zomee is a portable and double electric breast that is specially designed for moms who want to stimulate their milk production and comfortably express milk anywhere and any time of the day.
So, lets’ start with the features of the Zomee breast pump.
- Portability with Perplexing Functions: the main affair of using the breast pump is women feeding babies while traveling, either at the park, at work, or even at the beach. It is very much easy to carry as it is very much light weighted; weighing 3.36 pounds only. If you look at the functionality, it has nine natural sucking levels, and you can adjust to whatever level you feel comfortable.
- Quiet Operation and LCD Screen: babies sleep in the most difficult way, and a slight noise might make your night a nightmare. With all the latest innovations added to this breast pump, you can quietly pump milk at any time of night without getting the baby disturbed. With a bright LCD screen, you can see all the operational functions.
- Comfortable Massage Cushion: the manufacturers have added many thoughtful/caring features to this breast pump. Ensuring that you pump milk most comfortably gives your breasts a cozy feeling, so sit back and relax while the milk is being pumped and stored.
- Anti-Backflow System: you can change sides, lay high or low, sit or stand; whatever way you want to, with its anti-backflow system, it prevents the milk from going backward. This process is also called backing up the tubing, and this is done to maintain the maximum level of hygiene.
- Highly Functional: you can also call it a multifunctional breast pump because it can be charged in more than one way. It comes with a USB wire which means you can even charge it in a car, and it also allows you to charge it with an AC adaptor.
- Easy to Use: We recommend it because it is best for new mommies as it is super easy to use. It comes with two pumping modes: One is massage mode: in this mode, the milk will be pumped quickly and in short suctions. while the second one expression mode: in this mode, the milk will be pumped deeper, and longer suctions. With just one push of a button, you can switch between modes.
- Durable and Safe: it is made up of hospital-grade material, which means it will be a one-time purchase until the baby learns to feed on a bottle. It is BPA free which means that it will not create molds or germ build-up, or bacteria. This also means that the milk will be free from any harmful contaminations or pathogens.
- Double pump: with its double pumping system, it pumps milk 18 times faster than different breast pumps in the market.
How Does Zomee Breast Pump Work?
Like we said before, using this breast pump is the easiest thing. Even a non-tech-savvy mom will understand how to use the Zomee breast pump.
⇒ Step 1: push the ON/OFF button, located at the bottom center of the machine.
⇒ Step 2: Select between two modes. Push the button with two teardrops. On the top left side of the display, you can see which mode is currently on. The two teardrops mean that the machine is on Expression mode; a wave symbol will indicate that the machine is in Massage mode.
⇒ Step 3: you can control the suction level with the plus ‘+’ and minus ‘-’ buttons. You can see the level above the timer. The timer is displayed in the center of the display.
You can see the battery indicator above the level indicator. You will see a switch indicator when the machine is on charging.
Importance of having a breast pump
No baby should ever endure the pain of hunger due to some tapering-minded people. Thankfully breast pumps are the solution for it.
The American Academy of pediatric also recommends human milk for the first 6 months. Sometimes women can’t produce enough milk, so pumped milk is a great way to get breast milk.
Over 80% of the world’s women are working and according to different surveys, more than 50% of them feel shy of feeding the baby in public. Below reasons will show why breasts pumps are essential for all kinds of women:
Access To Original Milk
If you are a working mom, we reckon that you sometimes might have to attend urgent and unforeseen meetings, and you have to leave the baby home to the nanny. Having a breast pump and storing the milk means that your baby will have access to sustaining and healthful milk at all times.
The babies who have to be admitted to the NICU desperately need their mother’s milk, but since they cannot be nursed, a breast pump comes in handy. Breastfeeding is not the easiest thing to do. Sometimes, the breasts’ skin can become super sensitive, and it becomes painful to feed the baby. In such a case, a breast pump is a lifesaver.
Prevent Skin Allergies
There are some minimal cases reported where the mom gets pimples on the breasts right after the birth and sometimes before the birth. So, to prevent the pimples from touching the baby’s skin, you see why breast pumps are advantageous.
You can store breast milk in special-grade bottles. These bottles usually come with breast pumps. You can store this milk in the fridge as well.
FAQs About Zomee Breast Pump
In this well-researched Zomee breast pump review, you will find all the answers to your questions about the awe-inspiring Zomee breast pump.
Q: What is inside the box?
Ans: when you buy it, you get the following things in a box:
- Motor base.
- Diaphragm cover cap.
- Massage shield.
- Hygiene cover.
- 140ml bottle.
- Nipples and lids.
- Pump body.
- Silicone sealant.
- Breast shield.
- Standard neck adapter.
- PVC tube.
- Valve and membrane.
- Duckbill valve.
- Bottle base.
- PVC connector.
- PVC adapter.
- USB cord and AC adapter.
- User manual.
Q: How to set up and tell about the performance?
Ans: This is a tricky part. You have to be very careful, not that it will damage the whole thing, but assembling it, again and again, can become fatigued.
Step 1: hold the bottle and insert the membrane.
Step 2: insert valve in the membrane and add close it with the body.
Step 3: close the left side of the body with a breast shield and on top of it with the massager.
Step 4: close the other opening of the body with a diaphragm, cover it with a diaphragm cover cap and close the opening with an air tube.
About the performance, you should and should not be able to feel the below sensations:
- – Your nipples should not feel pain.
- – While pumping, your breasts should feel light weighted.
- – Your nipple should not blanch.
- – You should not see a white circle around the pump.
- – Your nipple should move freely inside the pump.
Q: How portable is Zomee?
Ans: it weighs less than 4 pounds, which makes it very much portable.
Q: How effective is this brand?
Ans: It has been Mom’s No.1 Choice for the past decade.
Q: How long does the battery last?
Ans: on a fully charged battery, it can last for up to 2 hours.
Q: Is it easy to clean?
Ans: Cleaning this breast pump is easy as ABC, all you have to do is sterilize the BPA-free plastic parts in boiling water for 10 minutes or less.
Q: Things to see before buying a breast pump for the first time.
Ans: Below is some of the important things to look out for when buying a breast pump for the first time:
- Double v/s Single: Always check whether it’s a single pump or double. Normally the double breast pump is suggested.
- Durability: As these devices are expensive so the bottles and the machines must be strong enough to work for a long time.
- Two Phases: opt for the breast pump with a massaging phase and an expression phase.
- Nipple Sizes: the more nipple sizes the breast pump comes with, the better it will be.
- Power Source: the baby can feel hungry at any time of the day and for sudden charging, having more than one charging option is best.
- Noise Level and pump size: of course, all moms will look for the quieter version, and some breast pumps also come with different pump capsizes.
- Customer Care and Spare Parts: sometimes, the entirely new machine doesn’t work, and having customer care that listens to you is a blessing. Spare parts like a second-hand pump and a silicone suction pump are another blessing.
Q: Pros and cons of Zomee breast pump?
Ans: we liked it that it is easy to use, much comfortable, and comes with more than one type of charging facility. The downside however is that its charging time is only two hours.
What do I like About It?
- It’s hospital-grade with maximum suction of 280 mm Hg.
- It’s a closed system pump and it’s a plus point because such a system prevents germs and bacteria to grow in the milk.
- The pump comes with a highly customizable setting that can set a mode according to your needs.
What I Don’t Like About It?
- For some people, the suction is as strong as Spectra.
- Sometimes it leaks out when you connect with the tubing.
- There is no lid on the collection bottle.
Q: Is the Zomee Pump good value for money?
Of course, the pump has all the necessary functions; starting from a slim design to a powerful suction machine, an anti-backflow system, nine suction levels, an LCD screen, multiple charging options, and all the ultra-quiet operations. So, yes, we think it is worth the money.
Q: What do other people think about Zomee?
Ans: as for the other people, we will include moms in it. And we have mentioned above that it has been Mom’s No. 1 choice.
Verdict—In a Nutshell
Mother’s milk is undoubtedly one of the essential parts of the baby’s life and the first food or drink that will make the baby’s body becomes strong and resistant to many diseases. For some women, feeding the kids is not easy, especially for new moms, and using a breast pump, especially the Zomee breast pump, will make your breastfeeding nothing but easy.
In this Zomee breast pump review, we have answered all the questions and added all the details. If you did not find your answer here or want to tip us about it, let us know in the comments below.