Montek Lc Sun Pharma Tablet: is a combination of two antiallergic drugs such as levocetirizine and montelukast as active ingredients.
- Levocetirizine 5 mg
- Montelukast 10 mg.
Montek LC belongs to a group of medicines called antihistamines that can help relieve symptoms such as runny nose, itching or tearing, sneezing, hives, which are usually associated with seasonal allergies and throughout the year.
The drug blocks the histamine (natural substance) that the body produces during the time of an allergic reaction and relieves the symptoms of the reaction.
Monteleukast is a leukotriene receptor antagonist used for the maintenance treatment of asthma and for the relief of seasonal allergies. Levocetrizine is a non-sedating third-generation antihistamine that is indicated for relieving the symptoms of seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis and the uncomplicated dermal manifestations of chronic idiopathic urticaria.
Montek Lc Tablet Uses
Montek Lc Tablet is used to treat, control and prevent the symptoms of the following conditions;
- Symptoms of allergic conditions
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis
- Chronic asthma
- Asthma induced by stress
- Dust allergy
- Hay fever
- Running nose
- Swelling in the skin
- Inflammation of the nasal mucosa
- Perennial allergic rhinitis
- Reddish itchy welts
- Ears allergies
Mechanism of action:
Montek lc tablet performing the following functions:
- Montelukast is a leukotriene antagonist. Blocks the action of another chemical messenger (leukotrienes). This reduces inflammation (swelling) in the respiratory tract and nose and improves symptoms.
- While levocetirizine is a non-sedating third-generation antihistamine, the action blocks a chemical messenger (histamine) responsible for nasal discharge, watery eyes and sneezing.
Like any medication, Montek lc can cause some unwanted effects along with its beneficial effects. The common and less serious side effects associated with the use of the montek lc tablet are:
- Sore throat
- Dry mouth
- Inflammation and redness of the throat and nose and
- It is known that this medicine causes drowsiness.
However, there are some serious side effects that require immediate attention, such as:
- Allergic reactions that may cause itching, swelling of the face or neck or rash
- Difficulty breathing
- Blurry vision
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes
- Problems related to the kidney, such as difficulty urinating, changes in the usual amount of urine or blood in the urine
- Sudden mood swings such as agitation, aggression, suicidal thoughts.
Precautions Montek LC
Avoid using Montek Lc Tablet if you are
- Hypersensitive to levocetirizine and montelukast present in the Montek LC tablet and its components
- If you have epilepsy
- Renal disease
- In children under six years of age
- Elderly patients
- If you have had an allergy to this medicine in the past.
Pregnancy and Lactation
Montek LC Tablet is safe to use during pregnancy and lactation. Studies in animals have shown little or no adverse effect on the fetus, but there are limited human studies. Talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
Interaction with other drugs
If you use other medications or over the counter medications at the same time, the effects of Montek LC may change. This can increase the risk of side effects or can make your medication not work properly. To avoid interactions with other medications, remember to tell your doctor about all medications and herbal products that you have used regularly, such as:
- Alcohol can increase its effects on the CNS and cause drowsiness, dizziness and difficulty concentrating.
Dosage of the Montek lc tablet
It is recommended to take one tablet a day with food or immediately after eating. In general, the best time to take Montek Lc is at night, because it could make you sleepy.