Are you looking for the best thermometer for Nurses and other medical professionals? If yes, you have landed on the right page because we have compiled of list of the best thermometers available on the market.
A thermometer is a device that is used for the measurement of body temperature. It is used primarily to see if someone has a fever. There are different thermometers available on the market like thermometer used orally, rectally, under the armpit, in the ear or behind the ear, etc.
With so many thermometers on the market today, it can be challenging to decide which device will give you the best results and functionality for your personal needs. With all these options available in one place, how do you know which thermometer to buy and which one best suits your situation?
To simplify things a bit, we have researched dozens of devices and created a list of our best thermometers for nurses, children, and adults based on their technology, accuracy, and functionality.
We also have a buyer’s guide, which we recommend to help you understand how different thermometers work, what to look for, and how to use them when buying a thermometer.
So without wasting more time, let’s take a look at some of the best thermometers for nurses, medical professionals, and parents.
Hospital Grade Forehead and Ear Thermometer
This gun type thermometer is specially designed for those who are looking for a non-contact thermometer.
The best thing is it is FDA cleared as per the manufacturer’s claim. It works for both adults and children.
This thermometer gun can be used for both body temperatures as well as for object temperature. The temperature range for the body is 32.0-42.9 ℃ while for objects temperature range is 0-60 ℃.
- Auto Power Off: This device has the option of automatic power off and ℃/℉ Conversion. It converts your degree Celsius to Fahrenheit.
- Touchless: This is a non-touch thermometer that means you don’t need to touch the body to get readings. It works from a distance of 1-5 cm.
- Modes: As described above, there are two modes in this device that can work for both the human body and objects.
- Quick results: This infrared thermometer gun is high-speed and provides results in seconds.
- FDA Approved: This is a hospital-grade thermometer with FDA approval. This means it is one of the safest thermometer available on the market.
- Fast results
- Work for both body and objects
- Beautiful Design
- Auto turn off and ℃/℉ Conversion
- Not a cheap product but worth the money.
Braun Digital Ear Thermometer ThermoScan 5 IRT6500
The Braun Thermoscan 5 IRT Ear Thermometer is designed to quickly and measure your family’s physical temperature. You can use it for kids, infants, and adults. Braun ear readings can be performed immediately, unlike frontal and non-contact skin temperature readings that require a thermometer and waiting time to adjust the patient’s room temperature.
First, remove the protective cap or case from the thermometer. Then press the “Power/On” button to activate it. Once turned on, the thermometer will display the last measured temperature for five seconds. Then, attach the lens filter to the thermometer by pushing the probe directly into the lens filter box and then removing it.
Once the lens filter is inserted correctly, insert the thermometer test comfortably into the ear canal, tilting the tip to the end. Then press the button. ExacTemp light will shine for 2-3 seconds while reading.
Once the thermometer has finished reading the temperature, you will be given a confirmation beep. A temperature reading will be displayed on the thermometer display, which accurately reflects your internal temperature, which is a reliable temperature reading.
- Pre warmed Tip: This thermometer has a pre-warmed tip that ensures accurate results. Other conventional thermometers have a cold tip that affects the results.
- Ear Thermometer: This is the best thermometer for ear and can work for kids, infants, and adults.
- Fast, Gentle, and Easy to Use: This device can get results in a few seconds
- Disposable Lens filter: this thermometer uses a disposable lens filter to maintain hygiene and protect your child from cross-contamination.
- Easy to use
- Fast, accurate, easy, and comfortable.
- Beautiful design
- Best for pediatric nurses
- BPA free
- No backlight
iProven Medical Digital Ear Thermometer
iProven is recommended for forehead temperature products and has passed medical tests and has been cleared by the FDA. It takes new infrared detection technology and human design. It helps a lot when someone has a fever.
The IProven DMT-489 easily is dual formatted and can be used as both ear and forehead and offers a service for children from the Gulf to the young. It switches between the forehead and ear function and features an easy-to-read color-coded display that approaches fever evaluation.
The iProven DMT-489 is an excellent choice at this price when compared to other costs. Designed to be both an ear thermometer and a forehead thermometer, the ear thermometer is recommended for people over the age of 1, and the forehead is recommended for all ages.
- Dual Mode: It’s a two in one like it is designed to be both a forehead and an ear thermometer at the same time
- Fever indication: There is a notification system if a Green or red light up- so you know when you should take action.
- Operation: It’s easy to use with just two buttons. it’s a fast thermometer that read in 1 second.
- Memory: This device can store up to 20 readings and also track how your fever develops.
- Guarantee: They also offer a 100 days money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied.
- You can use it for both ear and forehead.
- Simple and Easy to use
- The device comes with a nice little bag
- Clinically accurate results
- If the placement of ear function is not perfect, your reading will not be accurate.
Generation Guard Clinical Forehead Thermometer
Generation guard is one of the best selling and the best thermometer for nurses and other medical professionals. This device used infrared technology, and it works for infants, kids, and adults.
This medical-grade thermometer has refined a superior microchip and highly sensitive sensor that allows for highly accurate and rapid no contact scans of people and objects, and rooms.
- Medical and hospital grade: This is the FDA approved medical grade thermometer.
- Different Mode: It has different measuring temperatures, body, room, or surface/object.
- Memory: It has a massive memory reading 32 recall of body temperature.
- Operation: Effortless to use and get the result of results in seconds.
- Readings: Easily read the body temperature in a distance of 3-5cm from the forehead and 32°C ~ 42.9°C / Surface Temperature is 0°C ~ 60°C
- Backlight LED: You can safely and efficiently use it at night because of it’s LED light
- Inexpensive thermometer
- This is also quite reliable and durable for everyone.
- The length is short so that it can be easily compensated anywhere.
- Made perfect for students and nurses.
- Some customers complain about the reading, but overall this device has got 70% positive reviews.
Withings Thermo – Smart Temporal Thermometer
Withing Thermo From Nokia is the best thermometer for nurses and all other medical and non-medical professionals.
This thermometer is compatible with a dedicated application that allows you to track temperature readings, reminders and enter the associated symptoms/medications on your smartphone.
This thermometer is suitable for newborns, babies, toddlers, and adults. It measures the temporal artery, which is considered the best place to detect temperature changes since the blood flowing through it comes from the body’s heart.
In addition to monitoring the temperature and symptoms, you can insert comments, medications, and photos in any user profile. It helps you see if this treatment is working and allows you to have a complete history to share with a doctor.
- High accuracy: This thermometer has 16 infrared sensors that provide highly precise results.
- Easy to Use and Provide quick results: This is an ultra-fast thermometer with a color-coded fever indicator.
- Compatibility: This thermometer is compatible with android and iOS via wifi.
- Multi-users: This thermometer can support up to 8 users.
- Most accurate: this device has a ±0.2°C clinical accuracy.
- Accurate and reliable
- A fast and smart thermometer that syncs quickly and reliably.
- Work for multiple patients.
- Require internet connection and a smartphone to setup
- Expensive as compared to other competitors
Innovo FR201 Non-contact Digital thermometer
(Best Thermometer for Nurses)
The Innov FR201 non-contact digital infrared forehead thermometer is a multi-thermometer that provides readings in one second. It is the best thermometer for nurses and all other people looking for a thermometer for home use or medical use.
If convenience and ease of use are most important to you, then the front thermometer without contact is a thermometer of choice. The Innov INV-FR201 Forehead Thermometer is a reliable contactless infrared forehead thermometer that uses the latest infrared technology to capture your temperature quickly and without pain.
- Use infrared technology: it is a Non-contact Digital thermometer that uses infrared sensors.
- Fast and accurate: Medical Forehead Thermometer is extremely fast and very practical to use.
- Different Readings: This thermometer has three types of readings, room temperature, surface temperature, and body temperature.
- Fever alert: Beep while measuring the body’s temperature—fever alert when the temperature exceeds 99.5°F.
- Accessible to Use: A Touchless thermometer is very easy to use on patients.
- FDA clearance: It is FDA cleared and is safe to use
- Warranty: They offer one year warranty.
- Elegant one-button operation
- Auto shut off after 10 seconds
- Portable and convenient
- Durable and beautiful design
- Fever alert and memory recall
- Some customers were not happy with the device consistency
What to look for when choosing the best thermometer for nurses?
So, which one is the best thermometer for nurses to my knowledge, and which I recommend?
Here is the verdict:
- Hospital Grade Thermometer If you want an excellent, easy-to-use, reliable, and long-lasting thermometer, the hospital-grade infrared thermometer is for you. It is suitable for all ages, safe and easy to use, as well as very reliable. Its precision and consistency make this device an excellent ear thermometer.
You can buy this product if you agree, and fine if you do not agree – in which case you can consider one of the remaining best thermometers for nurses.
- Best Shoes for Nurses with Plantar fasciitis
- Best Nursing Clipboards
- Best Gifts For Nurses
- Best Bags for Nurses
- Best Vein Finders For Nurses
If you buy something through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. Learn How it Works