A vein finder is a medical device that helps healthcare professionals find the veins quickly. This allows for quick access to the veins in an emergency, when every second counts and patients may have health issues that can complicate the search for veins.
Most people have very visible veins so that doctors can perform quick and accurate venipuncture. However, veins in children are not always visible due to the fat tissue. They are also difficult to locate in the elderly, in people with dark skin or in obese patients. In these cases, venous detectors are useful for patients and health professionals.
The Vein Finder is a device that allows health care workers to better see veins. They use the reflection of near-infrared light to draw a map of the veins. However, early evidence did not show that they increased success in starting intravenous catheters.
One of the most difficult aspects of taking blood is finding an adequate blood vessel. Some patients veins are very small and / or deep and prevent healthcare professionals from finding it quickly and easily. Repeated needle are painful for patients.
How does this work?
This tool uses LEDs with near infrared wavelengths to illuminate the whole area. The veins appear as dark bands because they absorb the light spectrum more than the surrounding tissue.
An infrared vein emits infrared rays through LED lamps. The oxygen and hemoglobin molecules easily absorb infrared light.
Luminetx launched a device called VeinViewer in 2006, and Accuvein launched a product called Accuvein in 2008.
How to choose a good Vein finder?
When it comes to choosing a Vein Finder that will provide you with the best opportunity to inject safely and with accuracy there are a number of important things to consider apart from the current market or the buyers trend that what exactly other professionals are doing under these circumstances.
- Does it Have a Rechargeable Battery?
- Is it Intended for Adults or Children?
- Does it Highlight Facial Veins?
- Can it be Cleaned?
- Is it affordable.
- Check if it’s working on dark skink or not?
Before using Vein Finder you need to be sure to have on hand when using a vein finder
- Use disposable covers
- Clean your Vein finder with disinfectant wipes.
- Disposable Tourniquets
- Disposable gloves
- Hand wash
Top 5 Best Vein finder
1. UMTEC Vein Finder
UMTEC portable vein finder is non-contact imaging device of subcutaneous vein and belongs to the internal power supply equipment. It uses the safety cold light, positioning the subcutaneous veins on the surface of patient’s skin. It is easy to detect veins at the back of the hands through transmission of LED red light and it can assist medical staff to observe sub-cutaneous veins of hands and significantly improve the success rate of the injection. It is widely used in hospitals, Clinics, homes as well as any other places to find the veins for injection.
- Reducing injection pain
- Beautiful design
- Easy to use
- Easy to carry
- Adjustable image
- Adjustable colours
- Provides views of blood vessels to a subcutaneous depth of 10mm.
- It can be used on dark, hairy, obese and babies.
- Safe for your eyes
2. AccuVein Vein Finder:
This vein detector is a portable device that uses vein visualization technology to help healthcare professionals find and evaluate veins for safe and effective intravenous access, even in patients with difficult-to-access veins . It has been proven that this easy-to-use vein detection device improves the success of the first stick at 92%.
- Patient comfort
- Less painful.
- Can be used for undetectable vein.
- The device is easy to learn and operate.
- Can be placed in a wheeled, mobile stand, for hands-free use.
- Gives very accurate reading
- It comes with a rechargeable battery which lasts for approximately 180 minutes.
- It’s easy to carry.
- works in any level of light.
- Expensive for common people but it’s a best option for clinics and hospital settings.
The AccuVein device reduces DVA pain cases by 39% as in patients with a BMI greater than 35. The increase in the success rate has increased from 50% to 96%, a turning point important for anyone with DVA. In pediatrics, the system is a real revolution: doctors know that venipuncture can be particularly difficult in some patients.
3. Bestman Vein finder
This is a simple machine used for finding veins. It is non-contact imaging device of subcutaneous vein and belongs to the internal power supply equipment. It uses the safety cold light, positioning the subcutaneous veins on the surface of patient’s skin. BVF-260 is easy to detect veins at the back of the hands through transmission of LED red light and it can assist medical staff to observe sub-cutaneous veins of hands and significantly improve the success rate of the injection It is suitable for hospitals, Clinics, homes as well as any other places to find the veins for injection.
- Easy to use
- Safe to use because of no radiation and harmful lights.
- The device is ideal for looking for veins in children or adults.
- Rechargeable Battery with 5000 hours of operations
- Safe for your eyes
- Elegant design
- High accuracy
- Affordable price.
- You can also adjust the intensity of the light to improve the view.
- LED lamps are inside the device and do not generate heat.
- This is a simple model and can be used only specific parts of the body like hand etc.
4. IVYRISE Infrared Vein Finder
This device can be distinguished from other brands easily with its unique Depth Detection Mode. Under this mode, clinicans can be told the depth of veins to perform vascular access easily under its quality images even the veins are in a poor condition.
The device is non-invasive electronic visual aid device designed to project an image of superficial , subcutaneous vascular structures on the surface of the skin.
- Safe to use because of no radiation
- Three colors mode like basic mode, green light mode and depth detection mode.
- It uses Medical cold light, safe for your eyes.
- High accuracy
- Adjustable brightness.
- Relatively easy to use.
- Best for dark, hairy skin and children.
5. Veinlite LEDX
The Veinlite LEDX is the most popular and powerful portable LED vein finder for efficient IV access in emergency medicine
Featuring a wider opening, a larger viewing area and 32 LEDs, the LEDX model has a deeper focus and is the ideal model for use on obese patients. With 24 orange and 8 red LEDs, this rechargeable unit also provides the highest contrast imaging for sclerotherapy treatments.
- Portable and ready to use
- Very easy to use
- Saves some money on sanitizing accessories
- Safe for eyes (comes with light shield)
- You don’t need a tourniquet.
- 5-year warranty
- Relatively low price
- Works great in low light situations
- No battery charger.
- May not work for dark skin with deep veins.
When you purchase a Vein Finder, some of these benefits / features may be more important than others, and each Vein Finder offers its own set of utilities. Therefore, be sure to identify the most important factors for you before choosing a specific device.
If you want to reduce the time it takes to find a suitable vein in a patient, a venous locator may be just what you need.
The vein Finders described in this article are among the best on the market to help nurses and other people who need to look for veins for different purposes. They all have many useful features and make venous research more comfortable. They are a useful product and deserve to be invested to facilitate the search for veins in the body.
Think your friends would be interested? Share this story!