Have you ever thought that why your mind suddenly goes blank and you forgot common names and sentences?
The problem is linked to the natural aging process, and It occurs to almost everyone in the mid-40s.
If you have ever experienced such problems, your brain needs a boost, which you can get from high-quality brain-boosting supplements.
We have already discussed Brain boosters which are also known as Nootropics. They are natural and synthetic supplements that can help improve your overall brain performance.
In this Onnit Alpha Brain Review, you will learn what it is and how it works, its side effects, dosage, pros and cons, and the customer Onnit alpha brain reviews.
There are some claims from the company, but in this Onnit alpha brain review, we will tell you the reality behind this nootropic, plus we will answer all your questions regarding this product.
In case, you are in a hurry you can read our quick overview first.
Onnit Alpha Brain Review (Full)
Let’s have a deep look at the full product review.
What is Onnit alpha brain?
Onnit Alpha brain is a specially designed and natural nootropic stack promised to help you support memory, boost focus, and is used as daily cognitive support. It can also be used to reduce brain fog and improve age-related cognitive decline.
The product is a mixture of vitamin B6 and three different proprietary blends of nootropic ingredients like Onnit flow blend, Onnit focus blend, and Onnit fuel blend.
The problem with such proprietary blends is there is no information about the exact doses per serving.
The manufacturer claims that the product is one the best-selling nootropic on the market, with over 1 billion bottles already sold.
Also, the company shared a 6 weeks randomized, double-blind study that supports the claims that the Onnit Alpha brain improves your verbal memory and executive function.
The Alpha Brain comes in a 90 capsules pack, and the usual recommended intake is 2 capsules per day, preferably with a meal.
Onnit Alpha Brain Ingredients
Like other nootropics, this one is also a combination of various powerful ingredients to increase your mental performance.
Here is a list of Onnit Alpha Brain Ingredients in various Properitieray form;
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl),
- Oat (straw) Extract,
- L-Alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine (GPC),
- Cat’s Claw (bark) Extract (ac-11),
- Bacopa (aerial parts) Extract,
- Huperzia serrata (aerial parts) Extract,
- Vegetarian Capsule (Cellulose, Water), and
How does Alpha Brain work?
The Alpha Brain supplement works in different ways to improve your brain performance.
Like it contains L-tyrosine, L theanine, and L-Leucine. They all are essential amino acids that help restore dopamine and improve cognitive abilities.
- L-tyrosine has been shown to produce more dopamine and help cognitive performance.
- According to a study published in the Journal of functional food, L-Theanine also encourages neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin—which further help in clear thinking and concentration.
- Phosphatidylserine is another trendy ingredient present in almost every premium nootropics. Different studies suggest that Phosphatidylserine can help you improve your cognitive abilities.
- Bacopa Monneiri extract present in Alpha Brain also helps shorten the reaction time and improve neurotransmission.
- Oat Straw Extract has also shown to be effective in brain-boosting, improved memory, attention, and concentration when used in 800–1,600 mg per day. It also works as a sex tonic and can work against stress and insomnia. This is a great ingredient to be present in a stack, but I am not sure how much they have included in the Onnit Alpha Brain. If it is below the recommended dose, then it might not work.
- Vitamin B6, present in the form of Pyridoxine, is a water-soluble vitamin, and this vitamin has many health benefits. This vitamin may also help you improve your mood and reduce the symptoms of depression. Vitamin B6 is necessary for dopamine and serotonin production, and according to some studies, the deficiency of vitamin B6 can cause depressive symptoms in older adults.
Other ingredients are also crucial for healthy brain functions and can improve your overall cognitive abilities.
Onnit Alpha Brain Side Effects
As per the company, the Alpha brain is free from stimulants like caffeine and other toxic chemicals, so it is relatively safe to use.
Generally, such supplements are tolerated well because they are made from natural ingredients. Still, if you look at the customer Alpha Brain Reviews, you will find many people have got some side effects from taking this supplement.
The Alpha Brain has 10mg of vitamin B6, which is generally considered safe, but in some cases, it may cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, headache, tingling, sleepiness. Avoid overdose because the above side effects are associated with the overdosage of Vitamin B6.
Another ingredient is L-tyrosine—which is safe in most cases when used in doses up to 150 mg/kg per day. However, specific side effects like heartburn, fatigue, and headache are common side effects.
Phosphatidylserine can cause adverse events like insomnia and stomach upset, particularly at doses over 300 mg.
Flatulence (gas), bloating, skin irritation, and anal irritation may also occur because of Oat straw extract in the formulation.
Huperzine Serrata can cause sweating, slurred speech, blurred vision, restlessness, contraction, loss of appetite, cramping, increased saliva and urine, uncontrollable urination, Hypertension (High BP), and slowed heart rate.
Please note that these are side effects that are not very common, but if you overdose the supplement, then the above side effects are expected to occur.
Where to Buy Alpha Brain?
Like all other supplements, we recommend checking its official site and Amazon. This stack is readily available on Amazon and other online retailers.
The price of one bottle containing 90 capsules will cost you around $80 on Amazon. The price is the same on the official site, but if you subscribe to their monthly program, you can save 15% ($67.96).
Onnit Alpha Brain Alternatives
The best option when looking for Onnit Alpha Brain Alternatives are;
- Qualia Mind,
- Mind Lab Pro,
- Dynamic Brain,
- Focus Factor.
However, the BrainPill® seems to be the best Alpha Brain alternative in terms of its quality, price, and user experience.
Alpha Brain Dosage
The usual recommended dose of Onnit Alpha brain is two capsules per day with a meal. A single bottle contains 90 pills, and it will last for 45 days.
Follow the recommended dose because an overdose can cause unexpected adverse events. Increasing the amount will do more harm than any good.
It is important to note that the product is contraindicated in people with existing medical conditions or already taking other medications.
Please don’t use it if you are a pregnant or breastfeeding woman, and consult your doctor before taking this supplement or any other supplement.
So is Alpha Brain legit?
Yes, this is a legal supplement containing only natural nootropics and most importantly it is certified by BSCG (Banned Substances Control Group) and the United States as Olympic Committee (USOC). So the product is completely legal and will work for many people.
Verdict—Onnit Alpha Brain Review
As a pharmacist, it’s my duty to tell you everything related to a product, from side effects to its dosage, positive and negative points.
So what have we learned so far from this Onnit Alpha Brain Review?
- Alpha Brain is an excellent product with thousands of satisfied customers.
- The product is made from proven brain-boosting and extensively researched ingredients.
- The product is free from caffeine and other stimulants, but still, it can cause side effects.
- The product is made from different proprietary blends—Such blends hide the exact quantity of each ingredient which is not a good thing in terms of transparency.
- Also, the product is not cheap and will cost you around $80 for one month supply.
Overall, If you are looking for a natural nootropic stack, this is an excellent product with many positive aspects.