Do you ever feel frustrated with your mental agility waning in times of high stress? You’re not alone; it’s a common issue many faces around the mid-40s. Luckily, there is something that can sharpen your mind and give you back focus & motivation – nootropics like Alpha Brain.
For those who are new to this site, I am a professional pharmacist, and I have already reviewed different brain boosters like Prevagen, Neuriva, Focus factors, and many other such nootropics. They are natural and synthetic supplements that can help improve your overall brain performance.
There are some claims from the company, but we will tell you the reality behind this nootropic, plus we will answer all your questions regarding this product.
In case you are in a hurry, you can read our quick overview first.
Onnit Alpha Brain Review (Quick) Manufacturer: Onnit Product Full Name: Onnit Alpha Brain Best Place To Buy Onnit Alpha Brain: Official Site and Amazon Amazon Customer Reviews: 27,669 Walmart Customer Reviews 4091
Onnit Alpha Brain Review (Quick)
Product Full Name: Onnit Alpha Brain
Best Place To Buy Onnit Alpha Brain: Official Site and Amazon
Amazon Customer Reviews: 27,669
Walmart Customer Reviews 4091
Unbiased Buyer’s Guide
Let’s have a deep look at the full buyer’s guide below.
About the Manufacturer
Aubrey Marcus founded Onnit Labs in 2010 with a straightforward mission: to empower individuals through physical, mental, and spiritual well-being. Onnit Labs provides consumers with various products in different categories like digestive health, immune health, sleep, and general well-being, made from the highest quality ingredients available. From supplements to snacks, Onnit Labs strives to produce high-quality products that meet their customers’ needs and promote overall health and wellness. With their wide range of products, it’s easy to see why consumers can trust that Onnit Labs only provides nutritious options for their lifestyle every day.
What is Onnit alpha brain?
Onnit Alpha Brain is a specially designed and natural nootropic stack promised to help you support memory, boost focus, and daily cognitive support. It can also be used to reduce brain fog and improve age-related cognitive decline.
The supplement comes from a health and fitness brand known as Onnit, and it is designed by a popular podcast hostname Joe Rogan. The product is intended for people who want to improve their memory, and sharpness, promote mental clarity, and boost focus.
So, the Joe Rogan Alpha Brain is a mixture of vitamin B6 and three different proprietary blends of nootropic ingredients like the Onnit flow blend, Onnit focus blend, and Onnit fuel blend.
To be honest, all of the ingredients (which we will discuss below) are proven and have some research behind them. But the problem with the proprietary blends is that they don’t provide the exact doses per serving.
The manufacturer claims that the product featured in different well-known journals and newspapers like Entrepreneur, Forbes, Men’s Health, and The Men’s Journal. The company introduced this supplement in 2011, and since its beginning, it has sold over 1 billion bottles.
Also, the company shared a six-week randomized, double-blind study that supports the claims that the Onnit Alpha brain improves your verbal memory and executive function.
The Alpha Brain comes in a 90 capsules pack, and you will need to take two pills per day with a glass of water, preferably with food.
Onnit Alpha Brain Ingredients
Like other nootropics, Joe Rogan Alpha Brain is also a combination of various powerful ingredients to increase your mental performance.
Vitamin B6, also known as pyridoxine, is an essential nutrient that is important for a wide range of bodily functions. It helps to break down proteins and carbohydrates in food into energy and is also involved in red blood cell production. Vitamin B6 also helps with mood regulation, inflammation, and cognitive functioning by aiding in the production of neurotransmitters like serotonin, epinephrine, and dopamine.
It can be found naturally in various foods such as poultry, fish, whole grains, avocados, and bananas. A deficiency in vitamin b6 can lead to anemia, skin rashes, and confusion. In order to ensure adequate intake of this vital nutrient, it is best to include its rich sources from natural food sources or supplements based on medical advice. Let’s see what the research says about it;
- Vitamin B6 may indirectly improve cognitive functions by lowering the levels of homocysteine; a high level of this protein is responsible for cognitive decline, dementia, and Alzheimer’s disease. 
- Vitamin B6 also helps produce neurotransmitters like dopamine, serotonin, and gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA).  Neurotransmitters like dopamine, serotonin, and GABA are responsible for the regulation of emotion. 
- Studies   indicate that a low level of vitamin B6 may be linked to depression symptoms, but there is no evidence of its effectiveness in treating mood disorders.
Oat (straw) Extract
Oat (straw) is a herbal extract native to northern Europe and northern America. The plant is claimed to help treat several diseases, including inflammation, and improve brain performance.
It remains an incredibly beneficial ingredient in a variety of products due to the impressive array of health benefits it can bring. Scientists have identified that oat extract is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals which all help to improve immunity, combat inflammation, and promote skin health.
The extract has also been known to provide an anti-stress activity reported to decrease anxiety, enhance psychological healing, and even help children with attention deficiencies. Oat straw’s benefits seem endless, and the masses will welcome its presence in everyday applications. Here are a few studies related to this extract;
- According to a study, taking 800-1600mg of green oat extract can noticeably improve your memory, attention, and concentration. 
- Animal studies reveal that Oat extract can help improve behavior, mood, and brain function.
- According to one study, taking 600-800mg of oat extract can help improve your memory, attention, and concentration.
- While another study observes no effect of oat extract on memory function and cognition, the research on this ingredient is still limited and needs in-depth studies to find its effects on the brain.
L-tyrosine, L-theanine, and L-leucine
These are all essential amino acids and can be found in many foods you eat. These amino acids can help improve blood flow and nitric oxide concentration. For example, L-tyrosine is a dietary supplement used to improve alertness, attention, and focus. L-theanine is mainly found in green and black tea and some mushrooms. All of these contribute to a healthy brain and memory.
- L tyrosine reduces the effects of stress because it is responsible for producing essential brain chemicals that help nerve cells communicate.
- Tyrosine improves working memory and promotes cognitive flexibility.  
- L theanine is another amino acid that can help reduce anxiety, increase focus, boost immunity, and manage healthy blood pressure. 
- The Alpha brain pill also contains L leucine which has many health benefits like improving muscle mass, human growth hormone (HGH) boosting, and weight loss but has limited research on brain health.
Phosphatidylserine is a naturally-occurring phospholipid molecule that has some unique properties. It plays an essential role in cellular membranes, making it vital for cell health, and is also necessary for proper nerve signaling and metabolic function.
Recent research has even linked it to cognitive functioning and mental clarity, making it a valuable supplement to any diet. Phosphatidylserine can be found in many foods like soybeans, egg yolks, and liver.—as well as dietary supplements. A recent surge of popularity surrounding this compound makes it an increasingly familiar— yet still largely unknown—name among health foods enthusiasts.
Does it really prevent memory loss and mental decline, boost your brainpower, relieve stress, and help cognitive decline and ADHD? Let’s see what the research says about it;
- PS is the only supplement that has got FDA approval for the treatment of age-related cognitive decline.
- It also Improves memory function , prevents memory loss, and regulates mood  and mental decline.
- The usual recommended dose is 100mg three times daily.
Bacopa (aerial parts) Extract
Bacopa extract is derived from the herbs of the plant Bacopa Monnieri, a species native to India. This extract has been used for centuries in Eastern societies as a remedy for various ailments and conditions, most notably as a memory enhancer and treatment for anxiety . It is a tropical plant mostly used in ayurvedic medicine for centuries but does modern science support these claims;
- Bacopa is an adaptogenic herb and can be used to prevent anxiety and stress. 
- Boost brain function and improve the ability to retain information. 
- According to a study, taking 300mg of Bacopa daily significantly improved the speed of visual processing information, learning rate, and memory.
Cat’s Claw extract
Brain Alpha also promotes attention and sharpness with cat claw extract, extracted from the bark of the Amazon rainforest vines, known for promoting cellular integrity.
- It is proposed to represent a possible breakthrough for the natural treatment of normal brain aging and Alzheimer’s disease. 
- Other health benefits of this plant include immunity-boosting and relieving symptoms of rheumatoid and osteoarthritis.
Other ingredients in the alpha brain also work in one way or another to improve overall brain health.
How does Alpha Brain work?
The Alpha Brain supplement works in different ways to improve your brain performance.
Like it contains L-tyrosine, L theanine, and L-Leucine. They all are essential amino acids that help restore dopamine and serotonin and improve cognitive abilities.
- L-tyrosine has been shown to produce more dopamine and help cognitive performance. L-tyrosine is very effective in regulating a healthy level of Dopamine and Serotonin. They both are vital for having the energy needed throughout each day and managing a day to day stress.
- According to a study published in the Journal of functional food, L-Theanine also encourages neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin—which further help in clear thinking and concentration.
- Phosphatidylserine is another trendy ingredient present in almost every premium nootropic. Phosphatidylserine is a type of phospholipid that covers and protects the cells in your brain. It plays an important role in keeping your brain healthy and sharp. Some animal studies suggest this substance decreases as people get older- it’s something to keep top mind. Different studies suggest that Phosphatidylserine can help you improve your cognitive abilities.
- Bacopa Monneiri extract present in Alpha Brain also helps shorten the reaction time and improve neurotransmission. This amazing herb has been used for centuries to help with stress and anxiety. It’s considered adaptogenic, meaning that it increases your body’s resistance against the effects of stressful situations- in this case, high levels of cortisol (a hormone closely linked to feelings like worry or fear). Studies show bacopa monnieri helps reduce these symptoms by elevating mood while reducing Cortisol – leading you to feel happier.
- Oat Straw Extract has also been shown to be effective in brain-boosting, and improved memory, attention, and concentration when used in 800–1,600 mg per day. It also works as a sex tonic and can work against stress and insomnia. This is an excellent ingredient in a stack, but I am unsure how much they have included in the Onnit Alpha Brain. If it is below the recommended dose, then it might not work.
- Vitamin B6, present in Pyridoxine form, is a water-soluble vitamin and has many health benefits. This vitamin may also help you improve your mood and reduce the symptoms of depression. Vitamin B6 is necessary for dopamine and serotonin production, and according to some studies, a deficiency of vitamin B6 can cause depressive symptoms in older adults.
Other ingredients are also crucial for healthy brain functions and can improve your overall cognitive abilities.
How Onnit Alpha Brain Has Evolved From the Previous Version?
Onnit Alpha Brain has been evolving since its original conception, and the company continues to optimize its formulation to produce the best possible product. The original Onnit Alpha Brain still exists, but they have developed several different and advanced products, such as the new Onnit Alpha Brain Black Label version. This initial version, boasting vitamin B6, L-Tyrosine and L-Theanine, Phosphatidylserine, Alpha-GPC, Huperzia Serrata, and more, serves as the foundation of the newer products that Onnit had to offer.
Onnit Alpha Brain Black Label is the latest offering that contains ingredients such as Caffeine anhydrous, Choline Citrate, Lutemax Extract, and Mucuna Pruriens that support cognitive functions and productivity like no other. Researchers believe these ingredients help improve focus, attention span, memory recall, relaxed alertness, and mood. With this product evolution, Onnit Alpha Brain is assisting many people to reach higher performance levels.
In addition to the original all-natural blend of vitamins, minerals, and herbs like Huperzia Serrata, Alpha-GPC, and Phosphatidylserine, Onnit has also added the Focus formulation, which boasts a powerful combination of Lion’s Mane Mushroom, L-tyrosine, Ashwagandha, Citicoline, and low dose caffeine for an extra boost of energy. The Focus product is designed to help improve attention and focus and reduce daily stress and provide an overall better mood state – giving consumers a complete package of support for solid cognitive performance.
Which One Should You Buy?
The original formula contains some proven ingredients like Phosphatidylserine, and Alpha GPC among others but Alpha BRAIN Black Label is the perfect choice when you need to be extra productive, giving your brain a boost in performance. Its unique mix of ingredients targets different areas of cognition and can help promote greater focus than regular supplements alone.
Is It Safe To Use—Onnit Alpha Brain Side Effects?
As per the company, the Alpha brain is free from stimulants like caffeine and other toxic chemicals, so it is relatively safe to use.
Generally, such supplements are tolerated well because they are made from natural ingredients. Still, if you look at the customer Alpha Brain Reviews, you will find many people have some side effects from taking this supplement.
The Alpha Brain has 10mg of vitamin B6, which is generally considered safe, but in some cases, it may cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, headache, tingling, and sleepiness. Avoid overdose because the above side effects are associated with the over dosage of Vitamin B6.
Another ingredient is L-tyrosine—which is safe in most cases when used in doses up to 150 mg/kg per day. However, specific side effects like heartburn, fatigue, and headache are common side effects.
Phosphatidylserine can cause adverse events like insomnia and stomach upset, particularly at doses over 300 mg.
Flatulence (gas), bloating, skin irritation, and anal irritation may also occur because of the Oat straw extract in the formulation.
Huperzine Serrata can cause sweating, slurred speech, blurred vision, restlessness, contraction, loss of appetite, cramping, increased saliva and urine, uncontrollable urination, Hypertension (High BP), and slowed heart rate.
Please note that these are side effects that are not very common, but if you overdose on the supplement, then the above side effects are expected to occur.
Alpha Brain Pros And Cons
Where to Buy Alpha Brain?
Like all other supplements, we recommend checking its official site and Amazon. This stack is readily available on Amazon and other online retailers.
The price of one bottle containing 90 capsules will cost you around $80 on Amazon. The price is the same on the official site, but you can save 15% ($67.96) if you subscribe to their monthly program.
You can order it directly from the manufacturer’s website and Vitamin Shoppe but we recommend the company’s official site because you can get a discount and a 90-day money-back guarantee.
- The price of Alpha Brain 90CT is $79.95, but if you subscribe, you can save 20%. Your new price will be $63.96.
- If you purchase two packs at a time, you can save 25%, and three boxes can save you more than 30%.
Comparable—Onnit Alpha Brain Alternatives
From the outside, it may look like there’s not much difference between Alpha Brain and other nootropics on the market. However, this product does have a few differences you should know about before purchasing!
For one thing- unlike many others in its class which contain caffeine (a well-known cognitive enhancer), the Alpha brain doesn’t include any stimulant in its formulation.
The other difference is the cost of the Alpha brain is similar to Neuriva but is lower than Prevagen which can cost you around $90 per month.
The best option when looking for Onnit Alpha Brain Alternatives are;
- Qualia Mind,
- Mind Lab Pro,
- Dynamic Brain,
- Focus Factor.
- Other Nootropics
We’re here to offer an honest opinion based on authentic research. In testing Alpha Brain, we did come across a great alternative, Brain Pill— which has a great, and exceptionally well formulation with only the most researched ingredients. Also, Brain Pill had some intriguing ingredients that we didn’t see in Alpha Brain, like Citicoline and different vitamins. So, the BrainPill® seems to be the best Alpha Brain alternative in terms of its quality, price, and user experience.
Alpha Brain Dosage
The usual recommended dose of Onnit Alpha brain is two capsules per day with a meal. A single bottle contains 90 pills, and it will last for 45 days.
Follow the recommended dose because an overdose can cause unexpected adverse events. Increasing the amount will do more harm than good.
It is important to note that the product is contraindicated in people with existing medical conditions or already taking other medications.
Please don’t use it if you are a pregnant or breastfeeding woman, and consult your doctor before taking this supplement or any other supplement.
Yes, this is a legal supplement containing only natural nootropics, and most importantly, it is certified by BSCG (Banned Substances Control Group) and the United States Olympic Committee (USOC). So the product is entirely legal and will work for many people. Regarding dietary supplements, Alpha Brain stands out with numerous benefits that separate it from its competitors. The dietary supplement is made with natural and clinically proven ingredients, providing various nutritional benefits. If unsatisfied, customers can attain the 90-day money-back guarantee. There are also many positive reviews from customers using Alpha Brain for multiple reasons. To top it off, the product is certified by BSCG (Banned Substances Control Group) and the United States Olympic Committee (USOC), discussing its reliability for athletes. These combine to make this supplement stand out among products in its category. As a pharmacist, I must tell you everything about a product, from side effects to its dosage, and positive and negative points. So what have we learned so far from this buyer’s guide? Overall, If you are looking for a natural nootropic stack, this is an excellent product with many positive aspects and I recommend it. Onnit Alpha Brain is a cognitive enhancement supplement designed to support memory, focus, and overall brain performance. It combines a blend of natural ingredients, including vitamins, minerals, and herbal extracts, to promote mental clarity and cognitive function.
So is Alpha Brain legit?
What Sets Alpha Brain Apart From Its Competitors?
Verdict—Onnit Alpha Brain Review
0 Reviews ( 0 out of 0 )
Onnit Alpha Brain
Yes, this is a legal supplement containing only natural nootropics, and most importantly, it is certified by BSCG (Banned Substances Control Group) and the United States Olympic Committee (USOC). So the product is entirely legal and will work for many people.
Regarding dietary supplements, Alpha Brain stands out with numerous benefits that separate it from its competitors. The dietary supplement is made with natural and clinically proven ingredients, providing various nutritional benefits. If unsatisfied, customers can attain the 90-day money-back guarantee. There are also many positive reviews from customers using Alpha Brain for multiple reasons. To top it off, the product is certified by BSCG (Banned Substances Control Group) and the United States Olympic Committee (USOC), discussing its reliability for athletes. These combine to make this supplement stand out among products in its category.
As a pharmacist, I must tell you everything about a product, from side effects to its dosage, and positive and negative points.
So what have we learned so far from this buyer’s guide?
Overall, If you are looking for a natural nootropic stack, this is an excellent product with many positive aspects and I recommend it.
Onnit Alpha Brain is a cognitive enhancement supplement designed to support memory, focus, and overall brain performance. It combines a blend of natural ingredients, including vitamins, minerals, and herbal extracts, to promote mental clarity and cognitive function.
Product Brand: Onnit
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 64.60
Product In-Stock: InStock