If you’re anything like me, you’re always looking for new ways to improve your cognitive function. Whether it’s through diet, supplements, or simply challenging your mind in new and different ways, anything that can help keep your brain healthy is worth exploring. NeuroQ is a relatively new product that promises to do just that, so I decided to check it out and see how it measures up. In this NeuroQ review, I’ll share my thoughts on this nootropic based on my personal experience. Keep reading to learn more!
NeuroQ Pros & Cons
- Brain benefits of this supplement are; memory improvement, neuroprotective effect, and overall brain function and health.
- The ingredients used (although limited) are proven to improve cognition and reduce brain fog.
- The customer NeuroQ reviews on Amazon are fantastic, with over 4 out of 5 stars ratings based on 890+ testimonials.
- The product is made in the United States with all the good manufacturing (GMP) protocols followed.
- NeuroQ is free from all types of allergens; no milk, yeast, corn, or other harmful additives exist.
- This nootropic is backed by a 90 days money, so if you are not satisfied with the results, you can return the bottle (empty or opened) and get your money back.
- It’s expensive for many people. The product can cost you around $70 if you purchase it once, and if you subscribe, the price will be about $50 bucks.
- Like most internet products, this one is also not available offline in pharmacies and drug marts.
- Too much Caffeine can lead to jitters or sleeplessness.
Quick NeuroQ Review
- Products: NeuroQ memory 7 Focus, Calm & Relax, Sleep now, & Multivitamins
- Manufacturer Name: Life Season
- Best Place To Buy NeuroQ: Company Website $ Amazon
- About the Brand: founded in 2003 and located in Lewisville
- Better alternative: BrainPill
A Full & Honest NeuroQ Review
What is NeuroQ?
NeuroQ is a natural supplement by Dr. Dale Bredesen, a world-renowned neurologist, to support memory, boost focus, enhance mental clarity, and increase brain speed. The clinically-tested ingredients are delivered in therapeutic doses to give your mind the support it needs to function at its best.
A clinical study of NeuroQ showed support for memory, problem-solving, and processing speed. NeuroQ Memory & Focus ingredients include Gotu kola, turmeric, ginkgo leaf extract (Ginkgo biloba), phosphatidylserine, coffee fruit extract, and Yamada Bee Farm propolis – they are all-natural. They are effective in supporting cognitive function.
Life Season is a company founded in 2003 and located in Lewisville. This company produces supplements as remedies for brain health. They make cognitive and have supplements designed to improve general health care. This company takes great care to source and test every herb before releasing it as an ingredient for their cognitive or general health products.
NeuroQ memory and focus is a supplement that contains six active ingredients, including Gotu kola extract and turmeric. Studies have shown these substances to improve mental performance and promote brain health by increasing blood flow to help create new cells within our bodies. Here is the breakdown of each ingredient;
Gotu Kola extract has been the subject of numerous studies, but some conclude that it can slightly improve brain health but most reveal that it does not have strong evidence to support cognitive enhancement. Here is what the research says about this ingredient;
- The small study found that Gotu kola extract was more effective than folic acid at improving memory function, but both supplements improved overall cognition.
- Animal studies had shown positive results when its extract was given orally. Still, more research needs to be done on how this works in humans before we can recommend patients take Gotu kola extracts supplements.
- The use of this herb may help reduce anxiety levels due to its anti-anxiety properties. For example, a 2013 study found that Gotu kola had an acute effect on calming down people feeling stressed or nervous when taken into their system. Still, more research needs confirmation before we can say if these effects last longer than just one day.
Ginkgo biloba is an ingredient found in many nootropics and is used as a natural antioxidant to promote cognitive function. It can help treat symptoms of brain disorders like dementia or Alzheimer’s disease while also improving memory retention skills.
- Ginkgo has been the subject of dozens, if not hundreds, of studies. Some have shown that it can improve brain function in healthy individuals, while other results are more mixed, with some suggesting no change at all. However, there is still hope since these small trials provide enough evidence for further research into this herb’s actual benefits on our health condition.
- It contains potent antioxidants that fight the damaging effects of free radicals. It may be behind most of its claims to fame when preventing aging or improving mental clarity.
- The ancient Chinese have used ginkgo extract to treat inflammation for centuries. A study on animals shows that this powerful little plant can reduce inflammation, and human studies have also shown some promising results.
Turmeric extract may be effective for preventing cognitive decline, but the doses used were all vastly higher than what is found in NeuroQ.
- Studies show that curcumin increases brain levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), which is responsible for memory and learning.
- Turmeric’s active ingredient, curcumin, has been found to be effective at preventing cognitive decline.
- Curcumin has aslo been shown to have various effects, including improving memory and attention. It does this by increasing levels in the brain chemical known as BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic factor). This makes sense, but more studies need to confirm whether it helps memory retention and improves concentration.
Phosphatidylserine is a critical component of NeuroQ, as it plays an essential role in brain cell structure and metabolism. It helps to maintain the fluidity of cell membranes, which enables the cells to communicate quickly and efficiently with each other. Additionally, phosphatidylserine has been found to help improve cognitive performance.
- Phosphatidylserine has been found to be effective in slowing age-related memory loss, and people often take it with mild cognitive impairment.
- It has been shown that taking phosphatidylserine supplements can reduce cortisol levels; a hormone produced when we are stressed.
While there’s currently a shortage of high-quality human studies on phosphatidylserine, preliminary evidence suggests that it may provide some benefits. We recommend waiting until more is known before using this supplement.
Coffee fruit contains Caffeine, a natural nootropic that can help you stay sharp and focused as the day goes on, which is perfect for anyone struggling with mental confusion or forgetfulness. Coffee fruit extract improves nerve transmission and increases mood, focus, and energy levels. Some studies have proven its efficacy against age-related cognitive decline like dementia as well.
- A recent study suggests that supplementing with coffee fruit extract can boost your BDNF level by 31% compared to a placebo.
- Another study also suggests that Caffeine may protect against dementia and late-life cognitive decline by keeping our brains healthy.
- One study in 71 older adults found that consuming Coffee extract for 28 days can significantly reduce reaction time.
The results of these studies are promising, but more research is needed to prove their efficacy in brain health.
How Does NeuroQ Work?
NeuroQ is a blend of natural ingredients that can help improve brain health in many ways. Some substances influence blood flow, making you more alert and improving cognitive performance; there’s also an ingredient with neuroprotective properties, as well as ones aiding nerve tissue development and maintenance for cell membranes (and even some depression treatments!). Its high anti-inflammatory agents reduce swelling when consumed. And don’t forget antioxidants will eliminate free radicals inside our bodies while promoting healing too.
Depending on the supplement you purchase, the price of each product on their website ranges from $19 to nearly $70. For the above ingredients, it’s pretty expensive. You can purchase it directly from its official website or through third-party sellers like Amazon. Unfortunately, there isn’t any discount available on third-party sites, even when buying in bulk, but this problem can be solved if you purchase it through their company website.
The usual recommended dose is two capsules per day, but rather than taking two pills all at once, the manufacturer suggests that you start with just one capsule a day for two weeks so your brain and body can adjust comfortably. Once accustomed to the changes in cognition, you can slowly shift to two capsules per day as needed.
NeuroQ Side Effects
One must be aware of the potential side effects of a dietary or herbal supplement. Some ingredients in NeuroQ can lead to mild, but still bothersome, symptoms. For example, turmeric has been linked to symptoms like;
- Stomach pain,
- Nausea, and
Caffeine is another commonly used supplement ingredient that can have its own set of side effects;
- Insomnia and
- Restlessness is only two of them.
Phosphatidylserine is generally safe to use, but high doses (more than 300mg) may cause side effects like;
- Insomnia and
- Stomach upset.
As with any supplement you look into taking – do your research! Make sure you are fully aware of all the potential NeuroQ side effects before including it as part of your daily routine.
Does NeuroQ Really Work?
The ingredients in this brain health supplement have a lot of promise based on their cognitive-boosting effects. Users report feeling more alert and less foggy after taking the supplement, likely due to the increase in circulation that it provides. Additionally, users say they’ve seen marked improvements in their memory recall abilities, which is an important facet of brain function. If you’re looking for a natural way to boost your brain, this supplement may be worth trying.
Is NeuroQ FDA approved?
The FDA does not approve any supplements, but the FDA regulates them. This means that companies must follow specific guidelines for their products to be considered safe for consumption. NeuroQ is a new supplement that is not FDA-approved, but it is still worth considering if you are looking for an all-natural way to improve your cognitive function.
Other Products From NeuroQ
The company also offers other products that help you relax, improve your sleep quality, and some multivitamins for general health. Here is a list of products;
- NeuroQ memory & Focus regular strength
- NeuroQ Extra Strength
- NeuroQ Sleep Now Oral Strips
- NeuroQ Memory DHA 400
- NeuroQ Multivitamins
- NeuroQ Calm & Relax
NeuroQ is a nootropic, and hundreds of such products are available on Amazon and other online and offline pharmacies. Here at DrugsBank, we have now reviewed many nootropics on our platforms. We will compare NeuroQ with other brain boosters and tell our readers which is better and why?
BrainPill: Made by the leading health edge from the combination of 13 premium nootropics that will help boost your brain performance. The supplement comprises Cognizin, Synapsa, L tyrosine, Huperzia, Ginkgo biloba, Vinpocetine, Phosphatidylserine, and vitamin B12, among others. The best part, Brain Pill is backed by more than two months of money-back guarantee.
Neuriva: This is another excellent NeuroQ alternative and is similar to NeuroQ because it is also made with Phosphatidylserine, Coffee cherry extract. The formula also contains additional Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, and folate. The price for Neuriva plus strength is $34.17, which is cheaper than NeuroQ.
Prevagen: a unique nootropic supplement made from only two ingredients: Apoaequorin and Vitamin D. Based on the ingredients, NeuroQ may work better than Prevagen because of its clinically proven ingredients. The price of Prevagen ranges from $47 to $90.
Onnit Alpha Brain: this product is similar to NeuroQ but has many added ingredients. The active ingredients in the Alpha brain are Phosphatidylserine, L-Theanine, Bacopa Monnieri, and Alpha-GPC. The price of one alpha brain is $34.95, which is lower than the NeuroQ.
Focus Factor: This cognitive enhancer is also one of the best sellers on Amazon. The focus factor is made from a massive list of herbal extracts, vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that improve brain performance. This one is cheaper than its competitors, with many ingredients. For reading the ingredients list, read our honest Focus Factor review.
Customer NeuroQ reviews
NeuroQ reviews look fantastic. The product has a 4.1 out of 5-star rating on Google based on 88 reviews and a 4.3 out of 5 stars rating on Amazon based on about 891 reviews. Here is what the customers think about NeuroQ;
- For most people, this nootropic works well and improves mental health and memory recall.
- For others, it’s easy to swallow and helps you stay healthy and active.
- Some people don’t like the taste and think it’s horrible.
- Kristen McConnell also highly recommends this nootropic for brain fog.
- Another customer name Barb H thinks that it is better than prescription drugs.
- GiannaMichelle added a review that it’s a good product but expensive at the same time. Most of the NeuroQ complaints were about its price.
Bottom Line–NeuroQ Review
From the above points, it is evident that cognitive health is crucial for the proper functioning of the body. However, due to some circumstances, such as poor diet and lack of sleep, our brain may not get the required nutrients leading to declined performance.
Consuming a NeuroQ supplement can help improve your cognitive function by providing essential nutrients to the brain. The only downsides of this product are its price, lower doses, and few side effects like insomnia and stomach issue; thus, you need a doctor’s go-ahead before using it.
Have you ever tried this or any other brain supplements? What was your experience? Let us know in the comment.