Nuberol Forte is the combination of Orphenadrine and Paracetamol. These two drugs’ combined effect provides relief from the pain associated with skeletal muscle and helps reduce fever. Searle Co Ltd manufactures it.
Nuberol comes in 2 strengths; one is Nuberol standard that contains 450mg of Paracetamol and 35mg of Orphenadrine. While the Nuberol Forte contains 650mg of Paracetamol and 50mg of Orphenadrine.
Orphenadrine is an anticholinergic and belongs to a class of ethanolamine antihistamines; It is closely related to diphenhydramine. Orphenadrine is commonly used to treat muscle pain and help motor control of Parkinson’s disease but has mainly been replaced by new drugs.
While Paracetamol belongs to a class of drugs known as Analgesics, it is a common painkiller used to treat aches and pain. It can also be used to reduce fever.
- Orphenadrine 50 mg
- Paracetamol 650 mg.
Nuberol Forte Tablet Uses
Nuberol Forte is used to treat, prevent or control the following conditions;
- Best for Muscle spasms,
- Pain and Fever,
- Relief of painful skeletal muscle spasm,
- Chronic low back pain,
- The prolapsed intervertebral disc,
- Non-articular rheumatism,
- Tension headache,
- Muscle injury,
- Headache, Toothache, and Ear Pain,
- Cold and Flu.
Note: This drug may also be used for other conditions.
Nuberol Forte is contraindicated in the following conditions
- Don’t use it If you are hypersensitive to Paracetamol or Orphenadrine Citrate.
- If you have Myasthenia gravis,
- Also, if you are suffering from glaucoma (High pressure in the eye),
- Don’t use in case of urinary retention,
- If you are a Lactating women.
Don’t take this medicine
- After expiry,
- if the packaging shows signs of tampering.
- In a child under the age of 12 years.
Before you start to take Nuberol Forte, Tell your doctor or pharmacist if;
- If you are allergic to any other medicines, foods, preservatives, or dyes;
- Are cardiac patient (Heart Problem)
- you have any liver or kidney problems;
- you are taking other Paracetamol containing products.
- You have alcohol abuse problems.
How does it work?
In Nuberol Forte, Paracetamol’s combined analgesic effect and the relaxing muscle action of orphenadrine citrate provide profound relief of the pain associated with skeletal muscle spasm. Paracetamol has similar analgesic and antipyretic effects as salicylates. Analgesia is mediated at the peripheral and central levels.
Orphenadrine citrate is an effective oral muscle relaxant. Muscle relaxation is not based on a direct effect on the muscle itself. The place of action of Orphenadrincitrat is relatively central.
Following drugs can interact with Nuberol forte and may aggravate its side effects.
You should avoid these drugs simultaneously and consult your doctor before taking any medicine.
Nuberol Forte Dosage
- The usual recommended dose of Nuberol forte for adults 1-2 tablets twice daily. You will need to take it orally after food and with a glass of water. Don’t use on empty stomach to avoid stomach upset.
- This is the usual recommended dose but the actual dose depends on your condition and your pharmacist or doctor will adjust the dose as per your condition.
- Don’t use more than prescribed, it will do more harm than any good.
- It is not recommended for use in children.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
1. Is Nuberol Tablet safe to use when pregnant?
It is not recommended for use during pregnancy. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or intend to become pregnant.
2. Is Nuberol Tablet safe while breastfeeding?
It is not recommended for use during lactation. Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
3. Should I use Nuberol Tablet empty stomach, before food or after food?
Take this medicine after food with a glass of water. Take Nuberol forte tablets only as directed by your doctor or pharmacist. Do not change the dose unless your doctor tells you to do so.
4. Is Nuberol Forte a Pain Killer?
Nuberol contains Paracetamol and Orphenadrine. Both of these drugs can be used as a Pain Killer.
5. What are the side effects of Nuberol Forte?
Common side effects associated with the use of this drug are nausea, vomiting, dizziness, blurred vision, palpitation, dry mouth, headache, etc. Check above.
6. What happens if I miss a dose of Nuberol?
Take the missed dose as soon as possible; however, if it’s time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
7. What if you take an expired Nuberol forte?
According to Harvard Health Publishing, It is true that the effectiveness of a drug will decrease over time. Still, the initial potency will be primarily maintained even a decade after its expiration date. However, prescriptions have an expiration date, so you know when to use them safely.
8. What if I overdose on Nuberol Forte?
Do not use more than the prescribed dose. Taking more medication will not improve your symptoms. Instead, they can lead to intoxication or severe side effects. If you believe that you or anyone else has overdosed on the Nuberol Tablet, contact the nearest hospital or nursing home casualty department. Bring a box of medicines, a container, or a label to help doctors get the information they need.
9. Is Nuberol a drug that creates the habit?
Orphenadrine, in this combination, can be a habit. Never share Orphenadrine with another person, especially if you have had substance abuse or addiction in the past.
10. How to store?
Store this medicine in a cool, dry place where the temperature stays below 30 ° C. Do not store it or other medication in the bathroom or near sinks. Please do not leave it on the windowsill or in the car. Keep all medicines where children can not reach them.