Chymoral Forte tablet is made from the combination of two ingredients: trypsin and chymotrypsin. These are proteolytic enzymes used in different medical conditions such as swollen muscle injuries, swelling due to blood clots, hand fractures, burn, and cataract surgery.
- Trypsin is a proteolytic enzyme produced by the pancreas in the active form that helps you break down the protein and help you indigestion. It works as in the small intestine and it breaks down proteins, continuing the process of digestion that began in the stomach.
- Chymotrypsin is also a digestive enzyme that speeds up some chemical reaction in the body. It acts in the duodenum, where it degrades proteins and polypeptides. It belongs to a group of anti-inflammatory enzymes.
According to a study, these two enzymes promote speedier recovery and better resolution of inflammatory signs and symptoms due to tissue injury than several other existing enzyme preparations.
These enzymes also have analgesic effects and reduce pain associated with healing.
Clinical trials have authenticated trypsin and chymotrypsin’s efficacy and safety in accidental injuries, burns, and sciatica.
Chymoral forte is manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceutical limited in India and AGP in Pakistan. The two variant of this medicine are;
- Chymoral forte (5 mg)
- Chymoral forte DS (5mg)
Chymoral Forte Tablet Uses
Chymoral Forte Tablet work as an anti inflammatory and can be used to treat the following conditions:
- Edema, (Swelling)
- After surgical trauma.
- Hand fractures
- Cataract Surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Necrotic tissue
- Muscle and joint injuries, accompanied by swelling.
- Chymoral Forte can be taken after your cesarean section.
- Chronic Respiratory Diseases.
Chymoral Forte should not be used in patients allergic to these enzymes or other ingredients of this medication. If you experience symptoms of an allergy-like :
- Redness of the skin,
- Skin rash,
- Itching of the skin,
- Trouble breathing.
- Swelling of the throat, tongue, and face.
Immediately contact your doctor if you are experiencing any of the allergy symptoms.
Chymoral Forte Side Effects
Chymoral forte tablet is generally tolerated really well and may not cause any side effects. However, Like any other medicine, Chymoral Forte has some beneficial effects and some harmful effects. It is generally considered safe when advised by a medical professional. There are some common & rare side effects of the medicine as listed below:-
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Abdominal pain,
- Blood in the urine
- Eye inflammation
- Increased eye pressure
- Eye swelling
- Corneal edema
- Swelling of the throat,
- Difficulty breathing.
This medicine may also cause side-effects not listed here.
Chymoral Forte is contraindicated in the following conditions.
Chymoral Forte contains a proteolytic enzyme, obtained by the activation of chymotrypsinogen extract from the pancreas, that works by facilitating the intracapsular cataract extraction and reduce trauma to the eye.
It also works by reducing mucus’ viscosity, thus easing its elimination and improving respiratory conditions.
Pregnancy and lactation
The use of this medicine in pregnant and lactating women is not recommended. Use when needed, and the potential benefits outweigh the risks. Consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Interaction with Other Drugs
This medication may interact with the following drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol because it may interact with the drug and may cause some undesirable effects.
- Inform your doctor if you frequently use other drugs that make you drowsy or sleepy like Muscle relaxants, Other anti-allergic drugs, Narcotic pain medicine, Sleeping pills, Drugs used for fits. Drugs used for anxiety, Drugs used for depression.
- Inform your doctor about the herbal products that you are consuming.
- Always inform the physician of all the drugs/products you use.
Use Chymoral Forte Tablet cautiously with the following medicine and groups. Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any combination of medicines.
- Medicine used for depression
- Medicine used for sleep and insomnia.
- Drugs used for anxiety
- Fits Medicines
- Muscle relaxants
- Narcotic analgesic drugs.
There is no available data of Chymoral forte tablet interaction with food.
There is an interaction of this medicine with conditions like liver and kidney diseases.
Chymoral Forte Tablet Dosage
The dose depends on the severity of the disease. In severe cases, take 2 tablets of this medicine 3 times a day. After stabilization, the dose can be reduced daily 1 tablet.
- It should be taken on an empty stomach, possibly immediately after the symptoms of swelling. It should be at least 1 hour before eating.
- Swallow the drug in its entirety, do not chew or break it. The dose depends on the severity of the disease and should be taken as recommended by a doctor.
- It’s recommended to take it at a fixed time and regularly to maintain a certain amount of medicine in the body.
Frequently Asked Questions FAQs
Q. 1 Is Chymoral forte safe during Pregnancy?
The use of this medicine in pregnant women is not recommended. Use when needed, and the potential benefits outweigh the risks. Consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Q. 2 Is Chymoral Forte safe while breastfeeding?
The use of this medicine in lactating women is not recommended. Use when needed, and the potential benefits outweigh the risks. Consult your GP before using this medicine.
Q. 3 What happens if I miss a dose of Chymoral Forte?
If you miss this drug dose, the medicine should be taken as soon as you remember. However, it overlaps with the next dose. Therefore, you must follow the normal program instead of compensating for the missed dose.
Q. 4 What happens if I get an overdose of Chymoral Forte?
This should not be taken more than the prescribed dose. An overdose of the drug does not help to improve the symptoms. In fact, this can cause serious side effects. In case of overdose, a doctor should be consulted immediately.
Q. 5 How to use Chymoral Forte?
Use this medicine as directed by your doctor. The tablet should be swallowed as a whole with water. The tablet should not be crushed or chewed until it is consumed. Chymoral Forte can be taken with or without food or as directed by the doctor. Chymoral Forte, however, is more effective if taken an hour before a meal.
Q. 6 Is Chymoral Forte a pain killer?
Yes, Chymoral Forte is a painkiller, but it can also be used in other conditions. Please read the Chymoral Uses section above.
Q. 7 When is Chymoral Forte prescribed?
It is prescribed for swelling due to trauma and inflammation (edema), hematoma, burns, cataract surgery, surgical trauma, asthma, bronchitis, joint or muscle damage. Swelling after cesarean section after tooth extraction or periapical infection, sore throat, etc. other diseases. Your doctor may prescribe it for other conditions.
Q. 8 How does Chymoral Forte work?
The main constituents are trypsin and chymotrypsin as the active substance. They are active enzymes. They are proteolytic enzymes (enzymes that break down proteins into amino acids). This enzyme is derived from the beef pancreas and has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help fight inflammation in the body. These enzymes have anti-edematous, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and fibrinolytic properties that accelerate the body’s chemical reactions. Also, they help to eliminate the signs of inflammation and relieve these symptoms.
Q. 9 Is Chymoral Forte an antibiotic?
No, it is not an antibiotic. Trypsin and chymotrypsin enzymes are anti-inflammatory. Antibiotics kills or inhibit growth of bacteria.
Q. 10 How to store Chymoral Forte?
This drug should be stored at room temperature, out of reach of children and pets. Chymoral Forte should not be frozen.
- It should be stored at a temperature below 25°C. However, the medication should not be kept in a freezer or refrigerator.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Don’t store it in the bathroom and near the sink etc.
- The place of storage should be cool and dry. Also, it should be away from direct heat and sunlight.
- The Chymoral Forte Tablet should not be used if the product is expired.
- If it is expired, it should be disposed of properly under a registered pharmacist’s supervision.
Q. 11 Is Chymoral Forte a habit-forming drug?
No, this is not addictive, but it is advisable to avoid self-medication and drug addiction.
Q. 12 What happens when the expired Chymoral Forte Tablet is consumed?
If you take a single expired dose, the likelihood of having a serious side effect is less. However, the desired effect is not achieved. If the expired drug is consumed for a prolonged period, the doctor should be informed. It is advisable to take medicine after checking the expiry date to avoid complications.
Q. 13 What Side Effects May Chymoral Forte Have?
This drug’s most common side effect includes Nausea, Vomiting, Hypersensitivity reactions; it also aggravates kidney and liver diseases, Eyes swelling, urine in blood, etc. Check more above.
Q. 14 What is the composition of Chymoral Forte?
This drug contains 100,000 international units of Trypsin and Chymotrypsin.
Q. 15 Can I drive after taking Chymoral Forte?
Do not drive a vehicle and operate heavy machinery while on These tablets if you experience Drowsiness, Dizziness, Headache, and blood pressure decrease.
Q. 16 What are the contraindications of Chymoral forte?
This drug is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity reaction; it is also contraindicated in pregnancy and breastfeeding. please check out the contraindications above.
- Arinac Forte: Uses, Side Effects, Dosage & FAQs
- Nuberol Forte: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects & FAQs
- Combiflam: Uses, Side Effects, Dosage & FAQs