As we age, it’s natural for the body to experience a decrease in testosterone levels, the primary hormone responsible for male reproductive health. However, some strategies can be implemented to help preserve and even boost this powerful sex-driven compound as you age.
Top ways how to increase testosterone levels quickly and naturally
Eat Healthy Diet, Sleep Well & Get A lot of Rest
The most important step is to ensure that you are getting adequate nutrition and rest. Eating a healthy, balanced diet and getting 8 hours of sleep each night will help to improve your body’s ability to produce testosterone.
- A study of nearly 2,300 teenage boys and men found that a lack of quality sleep could result in depleted testosterone levels. This highlights the importance of getting good rest each night – not only for improved energy but also to maintain healthy hormone production.
- Not getting enough sleep can take a significant toll on your testosterone levels – in one study, participants who slept for just five hours per night saw their testosterone drop by 10-15%. Everyone’s ideal amount of sleep is different, but make sure you’re sleeping well if you want to keep those hormone levels healthy.
- Protein is a powerful weapon for maintaining testosterone levels and shedding unwanted fat. With an adequate protein intake, you can enjoy the physical benefits of optimum hormone production and improved body composition.
Do Regular Exercise
Additionally, regular exercise, especially high-intensity interval training (HIIT), has been shown to raise testosterone levels. HIIT involves short bursts of intense activity followed by a period of rest. This type of exercise can be done in a relatively short amount of time and is especially beneficial for increasing testosterone production.
- A study of overweight men found that maintaining a physically active lifestyle had much more impact on improving testosterone levels than simple calorie restriction. Exercise offers more significant long-term benefits despite any initial difficulty.
- Recent research suggests that high-intensity interval training (HIIT) offers the most efficient results. No matter what type you choose, any exercise can help get your body to improve testosterone levels.
Balance Hormone Levels
In order to maintain healthy testosterone levels, ensure your hormones are balanced because they are vital for sexual health and well-being. Taking care not to overexpose yourself to chemicals that increase estrogen, like BPA, parabens, or other plastics, can help you maintain normal hormone levels. Other steps include having a healthy sex life – an essential element in keeping estrogen at bay.
Certain supplements can also be used to increase testosterone levels. Zinc and Vitamin D have been shown to be particularly effective. Zinc helps regulate the production of testosterone and has been found to raise levels in athletes deficient in this mineral. Vitamin D is vital in regulating hormones and can help increase testosterone production. Additionally, certain herbs, such as ashwagandha, have been used for centuries to boost testosterone levels.
- Magnesium could be the key to unlocking healthier testosterone levels – supplementation may work wonders if your body is deficient in this essential mineral.
- Creatine is also widely recognized for its influential impact on testosterone levels. Clinical research showed that college football players who took creatine supplements over ten weeks experienced an elevation in their testosterone, demonstrating the power and potency of this natural substance found in salmon, tuna, and beef.
- You can also read our list of top and natural testosterone boosters.
Drinking alcohol can also significantly impact test levels, and researchers have long explored the connection between these two. Recent studies have shown that drinking too much can rapidly decrease the male hormone, potentially resulting in decreased testicular function or even shrinkage.
Manage Your Stress
Finally, reducing stress levels is essential for improving testosterone production. Stress can reduce hormone levels, so it is important to practice relaxation techniques such as yoga or meditation. Taking regular breaks from work and engaging in enjoyable activities can also help reduce stress levels. Combining a nutritious diet, exercise, and supplements and reducing stress can significantly increase testosterone levels.
There is no quick fix to low testosterone, but research suggests that incorporating a nutritious diet and supplements, changing lifestyle, doing regular exercise and getting enough and quality sleep can help improve your testosterone levels.