Dopamine is a neurotransmitter in your brain, meaning it is responsible for sending signals from the body to the brain. It plays a role in regulating cognition, motivation, memory, mood, attention, and learning. Dopamine also helps in decision making and sleeps regulation.
The deficiency of this neurotransmitter may lead to certain medical conditions, such as depression and Parkinson’s disease.
Usually, the production of dopamine through your body’s nervous system works effectively. However, many medical and lifestyle factors can lower dopamine levels. The deficiency may also occur because of the problem with the receptors in the brain.
Tips on How to increase dopamine naturally?
The levels of dopamine are generally well regulated by the body, but there may be some changes in diet and lifestyle to increase your levels naturally. Let’s take a look at some of the tips on how to increase dopamine naturally.
1. Increase protein levels and specifically Tyrosine rich foods: Dopamine is made from the amino acids, like Phenylalanine and Tyrosine. We get these amino acids from our diet in the form of protein. So to increase dopamine, you need to make sure you’re eating enough protein.
Protein-rich foods include meat, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy products, nuts, seeds, beans, and legumes. Other tyrosine rich foods include seaweed, pumpkin, spinach, avocado, and banana.
Most people that aren’t in competitive sports or trying to lose weight should aim to be eating around 0.8 grams of protein for every 1 kilogram of body weight, every single day. So an average 60 kilogram or 132-pound adult, will need to be consuming 60 grams of protein every single day.
Now improving your dopamine levels through diet is not going to be adequate for some people with deficient dopamine, so make sure you keep reading to learn about how to supplement with Tyrosine.
2. Support digestion: This tip is related to Tip #1, because if you are eating protein and tyrosine rich foods, but you’re not breaking down and absorbing the amino acids, then your dopamine levels are going to be reduced, serotonin levels are going to be impacted and so is the quality of your skin, hair, and muscle growth. To help support your digestion, you could take a pancreatic enzyme, betaine HCl or apple cider, vinegar with meals daily.
3. Check iron levels and supplement if necessary: you’ll note that there’s some essential cofactors or nutrients that the body needs to be able to make dopamine. One of the critical factors is iron, and it is essential for mood and energy levels. Because women lose it every month when they have their period, making sure your iron levels are optimal. Always go to your doctor and ask them to check your iron and ferritin levels. Make sure that your iron or iron store levels aren’t at the bottom of the normal reference range. You want them to be optimal, giving you good energy and also helping your body make dopamine. Also, Supplement your body with iron.
4. Increase folate and vitamin B6: Folate and vitamin B6 are two other nutrients needed for dopamine production. You can increase folate and vitamin B6 through food or supplementation . Some folate-rich foods include spinach, asparagus, broccoli, beans, lentils, avocado, nuts, and seeds. And vitamin B6 rich foods are chicken, beef, salmon, avocado, sunflower seeds, and molasses. Another option is to take a vitamin B complex supplement which includes both of these nutrients. B vitamins, including folate, are essential in making neurotransmitters, and they help support adrenal function and stress management too.
5. Manage stress and support the adrenal glands: What you may not know is that dopamine is made both in the brain and the adrenal glands. It is converted into noradrenaline and adrenaline, which is norepinephrine and epinephrine. When the body is under stress and is creating these stress hormones, it can deplete dopamine. So anyone with adrenal fatigue or with adrenal stress, dopamine deficiency is very relevant to this situation. So to increase dopamine levels in the body, you need to reduce stress levels and support your adrenal glands. Creating boundaries in your life, taking more time for rest and restoration, and supporting good sleep are great strategies.
6. Balance your blood sugars: Unbalanced blood sugars can lead to anxiety, panic attacks, and fatigue. It can lead to adrenaline or epinephrine surges, and this puts stress on the adrenal glands, and also depletes the body of dopamine. Insulin, one of the hormones that regulate blood sugars in the body, needs to be working well for Tyrosine to get into the brain so that the brain can make it into dopamine. So the key here is to make sure your blood sugars are balanced. And a significant way to do that is to stop eating sugar or any processed foods.
7. Tyrosine Supplementation: Now, the last strategy that I want to discuss is using Tyrosine supplementation for improving dopamine levels. As we’ve discussed already, dopamine is made in the body from Tyrosine. If you take Tyrosine as a supplement, you can increase dopamine levels.
The standard dose for Tyrosine is 100-150 mg per kilogram of body weight. That means for a 60-kilogram adult a total daily dose of 6000-9000mg daily. These high doses have only been used for up to 3 months in studies, so I’m not comfortable recommending these doses for long-term use. My suggestion would be to start low and increase slowly, taking the minimum amount of Tyrosine that you need to feel an improvement because some people can have an improvement with as little as 500mg per day.
Don’t take Tyrosine if you have a diagnosis of bipolar disorder. To get the best absorption of Tyrosine into the brain, you need to take Tyrosine in between meals, on an empty stomach.
Consult you, doctor, If you are already taking other medications like thyroid and antidepressant that increases dopamine or noradrenaline. Also, consult your healthcare provider if you are hypertensive.
Best Supplements For Dopamine Boost
Now that we discussed some natural remedies of increasing dopamine let’s jump into some of the best supplements for dopamine.
Mind Lab Pro
⇒ Best Overall
Mind Lab Pro is the first and one of the best supplements to increase dopamine. This nootropic stack is safe to use and will safely increase your dopamine levels without causing any unexpected side effects.
This stack contains some natural dopamine enhancers like L-Tyrosine, Rhodiola Rosea, L-Theanine, and Citicoline. These ingredients work together with others such as dopamine preparations, which ensure a good mood and superior mental performance and optimize brain energy for superlative cognitive functions. Let’s analyze these ingredients;
- N-acetyl-L-tyrosine: It is the active and most bioavailable form of L-Tyrosine, a precursor to catecholamines, including dopamine. Tyrosine forms DOPA, which is converted to dopamine. By supporting dopamine production, N-acetyl-L-tyrosine preparations can improve cognitive functions and academic performance, especially in stressful situations.
- L-theanine: It is an amino acid that induces alpha brain waves for alert relaxation. Natural antidepressants and anxiolytic effects reduce symptoms of physical and mental stress and improve learning and memory.
- Citicoline: one of the main components of this stack, it is one of the best dopamine supplements that promotes dopamine release and improves overall dopamine levels by acting as a dopamine agonist and inhibiting dopamine reuptake.
You can read Our full and honest Mind Lab Pro Review
Genius is one of the best supplements for dopamine as it uses high-quality ingredients that are not going to harm you. They also don’t want to add unnecessary ingredients. They do tend to stick to a lot of nootropic ingredients because they are safe and effective.
Made with SAM-e, Rhodiola, Ginseng and 11 vitamins and minerals that increase the focus, improving mood, relieving anxiety, clear brain fog and a great replacement of antidepressant prescription drugs.
Each ingredient is backed by research with a real purpose and to make a lasting difference. This is an alternative to the prescription of stimulants.
- S-adenosyl-L-methionine (SAM-e): it promotes the synthesis of other compounds that are crucial to functions such as gene expression and DNA repairs. Researchers have also demonstrated that it may play a role in combating the effect of ageing. It is also a newly accepted antidepressant. 
- N-Acetyl L-tyrosine: L-tyrosine is used to produce dopamine and noradrenaline. This compound has been shown to support proper thyroid levels, stress levels, and cognitive function. 
- Rhodiola 5 Plus: Rhodiola is traditional Chinese medicine, and the supplementation of this ingredient can help fight age-related immune decline, a process known as immune senescence. 
- Red Panax Red Ginseng: Ginseng has many anti-ageing effects include immunostimulatory activity and antioxidant activity.
- NeuroFactor: This ingredient is made from the whole coffee bean and has been shown to support long term brain health. It is clinically shown to increase the level of important neuroprotein (BDNF) for learning, memory, and elevated thinking has been shown to increase significantly. 
- Focus and Cognition: This supplement is used to improve your focus, energy and cognition levels.
- Added Anxiety Relief: This supplement, along with a brain boost, contains some nootropics which are great for anxiety control.
- Added Vitamins For Stress Relief: This supplement has all the essential ingredients required for a great stress relief supplement. It contains a unique vitamin complex with b-12 and vitamin D, coupled with pure l-theanine to reduce further mental and physical while stabilizing mood.
Natural Stack Dopamine Supplement
If you have been looking for ways to help improve your focus so you can get through those more boring types of activities, the Natural stack is specially designed for you.
This dopamine supplement is designed to support the body’s natural production of dopamine. There are are many ingredients in the natural dopamine stack. There are some vitamin C, vitamin b4, vitamin b6, folate, vitamin b12, selenium, l-phenylalanine l-tyrosine, and trimethylglycine (TMG). Dopamine is a neurotransmitter associated with the central nervous system movement balance, memory, and improved attention.
- Whole neurotransmitters Support: It provides essential compounds for dopaminergic products at a better rate.
- Improve dopamine levels: This supplement for dopamine improves the level of dopamine a key neurotransmitter responsible for creativity, research, and alertness.
- Improved motor function: responsible for greater learning capacity for physical and mental activity.
- All-natural ingredients: The ingredients used in this supplement for dopamine are all from natural sources; they don’t use synthetic ingredients. They all better protect the brain neurotransmitter from degradation.
- Safe And Effective: To ensure quality and safety, they share the content formulas and ingredient suppliers in an open-source format. In this way, you will know precisely what the products contain.
Health Benefits of Using Natural Stack
Here is a list of benefits you will get after taking this supplement;
- It improves mental performance.
- It also decreases brain fog.
- Best for metabolism and neurotransmitter support.
- One of the best supplements for dopamine boost.
- It Increases athletic balance.
- It improves overall brain health.
If you are frustrated with your anxiety and tension, and you have tried a lot of expensive pharmaceutical products, but still it didn’t work, then the Joy-Filled is the natural solution for that to give you your joy back well.
It contains seven powerful herbs that will leave you of anxiety. Each herb has been scientifically proven to reduce symptoms of anxiety. Other companies tend to overload you with a long list of herbs and blends and attempt to impress you, but more isn’t always better.
Each bottle of Joy Filled contains 60 vegan-friendly capsules a 30 days supply for a price of 30$. That’s less than a dollar a day for the relief that you’ve been seeking.
The joy-filled offer a 30-day risk-free guarantee. If it doesn’t work for you, then you don’t have to pay for it.
The following features make it one of the best supplements for dopamine.
- Plant-Based Supplement: This is a 100% plant-based supplement that provides total mode support. Your brain and body may need some extra nutritional support to help with anxiety, depression, and stress. This company provides extra support to your brain.
- Improve mood and reduce anxiety: The herbs involved in joyful work well with each other to improve your mood and reduce your anxiety. This allows you to spend your energy and ideas on the things that matter most to you.
- Seven powerful herbs: These seven medicinal herbs have been used for centuries and are said to promote moods that relieve anxiety and act as a natural antidepressant. The dose of each herb included has been scientifically useful.
- Non-GMO and Vegan-Friendly: The herbs used in this formula are grown naturally on natural farms around the world and have a non-GMO and vegan certificate.
Dopify™ Dopamine Supplement by VitaMonk
Dofiy is one of the best supplements for dopamine on the market. It contains both phenylalanine and Tyrosine, the amino acid precursors of dopamine. They are essential amino acids, which means they cannot be formed in the body, but instead, they should be obtained through food.
It also contains ingredients such as mocona pruriens extract, a dopamine precursor. It also contains uridine monophosphate, which is the building block of RNA and has a positive effect on mood and pain. Dopify includes a super-powerful green tea extract (98% polyphenols, 50% EGCG, 80% catechin), amino acid monk type L-theanine and beans, all of which have shown to be able to support dopamine levels.
- No artificial fillers: Unlike other dopamine supplements, Dupife does not have an artificial charge. Dopify does not contain magnesium citrate, silicon dioxide or titanium dioxide.
- Improve Dopamine: Dopify contains both phenylalanine and Tyrosine. This includes the dopamine precursor Mocona pruriensis. Dopify also has a very standard version of green tea extract, which contains extra L-theanine, turmeric, semolina and more. All of which show evidence of increased dopamine.
- 100 % money-back guarantee: Thanks to their 100 money refund guarantee, try this dopamine supplement without any financial risk.
Designs for Health DopaBoost
Dopa Boost is specially designed to support the production of dopamine, which is an essential primary catecholamine.
The main ingredient in Dopa Boost is mucuna pruriens, a plant that naturally contains L-dopa, a metabolic precursor of dopamine that can cross the blood barrier.
Additional ingredients include EGCG (epiglottechin-3 gallate), tyrosine STL, quercetin and vitamin B6, all of which are selected for their synergistic functions in the preparation and integration of dopamine.
- Mucuna: The primary ingredient is Mucuna pruriensis which naturally contains L-Dopa, the metabolic precursor of dopamine.
- Other ingredients: Serious formulas: additional ingredients include green tea extract for 45%EGCg (epigallocatechin-3-gallate), acetyl L-tyrosine, quercetin and vitamin B6.
- Dopa Boost is Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, and Vegetarian-friendly.
- 10 Best Ashwagandha supplements
- 5 Best Supplements for Memory and Focus
- 10 Best magnesium supplements for Anxiety & Sleep
If you buy something through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. Learn How it Works
2.2K 2 14