Dopamine is a neurotransmitter in your brain meaning it is responsible for sending signals from the body to the brain. It plays a role in regulating cognition, motivation, memory, mood, attention, and learning. Dopamine also helps in decision making and sleeps regulation.
The deficiency of this neurotransmitter may lead to certain medical conditions, such as depression and Parkinson’s disease.
Normally, the production of dopamine through your body’s nervous system works effectively. However, there are many medical and lifestyle factors that can lower dopamine levels. The deficiency may also occur because of the problem with the receptors in the brain.
The levels of dopamine are generally well regulated by the body, but there may be some changes in diet and lifestyle to naturally increase your levels. Let’s take a look at some of the tips on how to increase dopamine naturally.
1. Increase protein levels and specifically tyrosine rich foods: Dopamine is made from the amino acids, like Phenylalanine and tyrosine. We get these amino acids from our diet in the form of protein. So to increase dopamine you need to make sure you’re eating enough protein.
Protein-rich foods include meat, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy products, nuts, seeds, beans, and legumes. Other tyrosine rich foods include seaweed, pumpkin, spinach, avocado, and banana.
Most people, that aren’t in competitive sports or trying to lose weight, should aim to be eating around 0.8 grams of protein for every 1 kilogram of body weight, every single day. So an average 60 kilogram or 132-pound adult, will need to be consuming 60 grams of protein every single day.
Now improving your dopamine levels through diet is not going to be adequate for some people with very low dopamine, so make sure you keep reading to learn about how to supplement with Tyrosine.
2. Support digestion: This tip is related to Tip #1, because if you are eating protein and tyrosine rich foods, but you’re not breaking down and absorbing the amino acids, then your dopamine levels are going to be reduced, serotonin levels are going to be impacted and so is the quality of your skin, hair, and muscle growth. To help support your digestion you could take a pancreatic enzyme, betaine HCl or apple cider, vinegar with meals daily.
3. Check iron levels and supplement if necessary: you’ll note that there’s some key cofactors or nutrients that the body needs to be able to make dopamine. One of the key factors is iron and it is very important for mood and energy levels. Because women lose it every month when they have their period, making sure your iron levels are optimal. Always go to your doctor and ask them to check your iron and ferritin levels. Make sure that your iron or iron store levels aren’t at the bottom of the normal reference range. You want them to be optimal, giving you good energy and also helping your body make dopamine. Also, Supplement your body with iron.
4. Increase folate and vitamin B6: Folate and vitamin B6 are two other nutrients needed for dopamine production. You can increase folate and vitamin B6 through food or supplementation . Some folate-rich foods include spinach, asparagus, broccoli, beans, lentils, avocado, nuts, and seeds. And vitamin B6 rich foods are chicken, beef, salmon, avocado, sunflower seeds, and molasses. Another option is to take a vitamin B complex supplement which includes both of these nutrients. B vitamins including folate are important in making neurotransmitters, and they help support adrenal function and stress management too.
5. Manage Stress and support the adrenal glands: What you may not know is that dopamine is made both in the brain and the adrenal glands. It is converted into noradrenaline and adrenaline, which is norepinephrine and epinephrine. When the body is under stress and is creating these stress hormones, it can actually deplete dopamine. So anyone with adrenal fatigue or with adrenal stress, dopamine deficiency is very relevant to this situation. So to increase dopamine levels in the body, you need to reduce stress levels and support your adrenal glands. Creating boundaries in your life, taking more time for rest and restoration, and supporting good sleep are great strategies.
6. Balance your blood sugars: Unbalanced blood sugars can lead to anxiety, panic attacks, and fatigue. It can lead to adrenaline or epinephrine surges and this puts stress on the adrenal glands, and also depletes the body of dopamine. Insulin, one of the hormones that regulate blood sugars in the body, needs to be working well for tyrosine to get into the brain so that the brain can make it into dopamine. So the key here is to make sure your blood sugars are balanced. And a major way to do that is to stop eating sugar or any processed foods.
7. Tyrosine Supplementation: Now the last strategy that I want to discuss is using Tyrosine supplementation for improving dopamine levels. As we’ve discussed already dopamine is made in the body from tyrosine. If you take tyrosine as a supplement you can increase dopamine levels.
The standard dose for tyrosine is 100-150 mg per kilogram of body weight. That means for a 60-kilogram adult a total daily dose of 6000-9000mg daily. These high doses have only been used for up to 3 months in studies, so I’m not comfortable recommending these doses for long-term use. My suggestion would be to start low and increase slowly, taking the minimum amount of tyrosine that you need to feel an improvement. Because some people can have an improvement with as little as 500mg per day.
Don’t take tyrosine if you have a diagnosis of bipolar disorder. To get the best absorption of tyrosine into the brain, you need to take tyrosine in between meals, on an empty stomach.
If you are on thyroid medication, an antidepressant that increases noradrenaline or dopamine or has high blood pressure talk to your doctor or naturopath before starting Tyrosine.
Now that we discussed some natural remedies of increasing dopamine, let’s jump into some of the best supplements for dopamine.
The Genius is one of the best supplements for dopamine as it uses high-quality ingredients that are not going to harm you. They also don’t want to add unnecessary ingredients. They do tend to stick to a lot of nootropic ingredients because they are safe and effective.
Made with SAM-e, Rhodiola, Ginseng and 11 vitamins and minerals that increase the focus, improving mood, relieving anxiety, clear brain fog and a great replacement of antidepressant prescription drugs.
Each ingredient is backed by research with a true purpose and to make a lasting difference. This is an alternative to the prescription of stimulants.
If you have been looking for ways to help improve your focus so you can get through those more boring types of activities, the Natural stack is specially designed for you.
This dopamine supplement is designed to support the body’s natural production of dopamine. There are are many ingredients in the dopamine natural stack. There are some vitamin C, vitamin b4, vitamin b6, folate, vitamin b12, selenium, l-phenylalanine l-tyrosine, and trimethylglycine (TMG). Dopamine is a neurotransmitter associated with the central nervous system movement balance, memory, and improved attention.
Health Benefits of Using Natural Stack
Here is a list of benefits you will get after taking this supplement;
If you are frustrated with your anxiety and tension and you have tried a lot of expensive pharmaceutical products but still it didn’t work, then the Joy-Filled is the natural solution for that to give you your joy back well.
It contains seven powerful herbs that will leave you of anxiety. Each herb has been scientifically proven to reduce symptoms of anxiety. other companies tend to overload you with a long list of herbs and blends and attempt to impress you but more isn’t always better.
Each bottle of Joy Filled contains 60 vegan-friendly capsules a 30 days supply for a price of 30$. That’s less than a dollar a day for the relief that you’ve been seeking.
The joy-filled offer a 30-day risk-free guarantee. if it doesn’t work for you then you don’t have to pay for it.
The following features make it one of the best supplements for dopamine.
Dofiy is one of the best supplements for dopamine on the market. It contains both phenylalanine and tyrosine, the amino acid precursors of dopamine. They are essential amino acids, which means they cannot be formed in the body, but rather they should be obtained through food.
It also contains ingredients such as mocona pruriens extract, a dopamine precursor. It also contains uridine monophosphate, which is the building block of RNA and has a positive effect on mood and pain. Dopify includes a super-powerful green tea extract (98% polyphenols, 50% EGCG, 80% catechin), amino acid monk type L-theanine and beans, all of which have shown to be able to support dopamine levels.
Dopa Boost is especially designed to support the production of dopamine, which is a basic primary catecholamine.
The main ingredient in Dopa Boost is mucuna pruriens, a plant that naturally contains L-dopa, a metabolic precursor of dopamine that can cross the blood barrier.
Additional ingredients include EGCG (epiglottechin-3 gallate), tyrosine STL, quercetin and vitamin B6, all of which are selected for their synergistic functions in the preparation and integration of dopamine.
If you buy something through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. Learn How it Works
A Chinese official said Saturday that several antiviral drugs have been used to treat novel… Read More
In this "Heal n Soothe Review" you will learn what this product is and what… Read More
In this "It Works Thermofight X review" You will learn how it works, why you… Read More