If you are on a plant-based diet you will need supplements that contain iron, vitamins B-12, D, K-2, iodine, and zinc. So if you are looking for the best iron supplements for vegans this guide may be helpful for you.
When you don’t take enough iron in your diet you will have iron deficiency and that leads to some symptoms like fatigue, chest pain, shortness of breath, headache, and dizziness among several others.
A study published in the American Journal of Lifestyle medicine claimed that vegans have a higher risk of developing iron-deficiency anemia, low iron stores and iron depletion as compared to non-vegetarians.
However, if you are not iron deficient and you are taking an unnecessary diet of supplements such as iron can do more harm than good by damaging cells or stopping the absorption of other minerals. 
Vegans with low iron intake are intended to eat more iron-rich foods, such as cruciferous vegetables, peas, beans, nuts, dried fruits, and seeds. Iron-rich foods, such as cereals, enriched bread, and milk from some plants, can also help. 
However, for some people, the iron from food may not be enough, and they may need iron supplements for a while. But finding the best iron supplements for vegans is not an easy task. For this reason, we have done hours of research and compiled a list of 6 best iron supplements for vegans according to the classification, reviews, and diversity of vegetable ingredients.
06 Best Iron Supplements For Vegans
1. MegaFood, Blood Builder
Blood Builder is one of the best iron supplements for vegans and the best selling iron on the market. They manufacture it with nutritious and whole foods, such as beets and organic orange, as well as folic acid and vitamin C to support the absorption of B12 and iron for the healthy production of red blood cells.
- Soft enough to take an empty stomach.
- According to the manufacturer, It was shown that the blood builder in an 8-week clinical trial increases iron levels in people with low iron levels without nausea or constipation.
- Delivery of 26 mg soft and effective iron per serving
- Contains folic acid and B12 that help maintain a healthy production of red blood cells
- Safe for menstrual women, teenagers, pregnant women, vegetarians, vegetarians, athletes, and recent donors, all of whom are at an increased risk of iron deficiency
- Dealing with fatigue and improving energy levels.
Suggested Use: The usual recommended dose is 1 tablet per day. You can take it with or without food and at any time of the day.
2. Garden of Life Iron Complex
This certified vegan iron capsule is authentic with GMOs. Also, the tablet is also raw, which means it is produced below 115 degrees to help keep your nutrients safe. This is the key when you are making an iron supplement, mainly made from a combination of fruits and vegetables.
This Garden of Life supplement contains probiotics and enzymes to aid digestion and helps eliminate stomach and stomach pain.
In addition to a good selection of vegetables, Garden of Life Iron is also good for those who do not tolerate gluten or milk, since it does not contain these ingredients.
The vitamin code contains 22 mg of whole foods soft iron and whole foods to support the absorption and consumption of vitamin C, B12 and folate iron.
- Certified Vegan,
- Non-GMO Project Verified,
- Gluten-Free whole food nutrition,
- Contains probiotics for better absorption and digestive support
- This formula helps with blood & heart health, reproductive health, immune health, eye health, and mental & physical energy.
Recommended Use: Adults should consume 1 capsule per day. It can be taken with or without food. The capsules can be opened. The ingredients can be taken directly with water or raw juice. Not recommended for children.
3. Iron Gummies with Vitamins complex
If you are following a plant-based diet this iron and vitamin complex is the best supplement for you as this is one of the best multivitamins for vegans. Supplementation with iron and vitamins, folic acid, and zinc can help prepare the diet with micronutrients of essential nutrients that our bodies and brains need to support better health and fitness.
This Formula does not use gelatin or any animal products in these gummies iron vitamin preparations, and all of the dietary supplements are manufactured at Certified Kosher and Halal Facility. These features make it one of the best iron supplements for vegans.
- There are other vitamins like vitamin B, C, A, calcium, and zinc.
- Vegan and gluten-free gummies supplements
- Milk and Egg-free
- Helps with anemia and boosts hemoglobin
- It also, Improves Brain Functions
Recommended Use: To boost energy levels and boost the immune system, take 2 grapefruit-flavored Belive Iron Gummies as an effective daily health supplement.
4. Amazon Elements Iron 18mg, Vegan
This iron supplement is produced through a reaction with amino acid glycine. Once it reacts fully, the iron is dried in powder and put into a vegetable capsule.
They do a thorough examination of the quality and safety of each batch of products. In addition, they measure the strength of the product supplement and confirm that their supplement contains the exact ingredient that the label says it contains and that the finished product does not contain GMOs.
- No artificial colors or flavors, no chemicals safe.
- Vegan and gluten-free
- Manufactured in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) facility
- Satisfaction Guarantee: If you are not satisfied, they will refund you within the year of purchase for any reason.
Recommended Use: The usual recommended dose is 1 capsule per day. You can use it at any time of the day.
5. EZ Melts Iron as Elemental Iron
The EZ melts is one of the best iron supplements for vegans as it is a completely natural mineral supplement that generally supports cellular health. It is the fast-melting iron supplement that has an amazing taste in the market. It helps the body fight fatigue. Iron is of great importance for people with anemia.
Along with iron there is Vitamin C. The Vitamin C is Crafted with carbonyl iron for maximum safety and effect, Vitamin C helps the body absorb iron more effectively.
This plant-based iron supplement is perfect if you don’t like to swallow pills, especially the large ones that can be difficult to use.
- 90 Instant Melt Pills with “Zesty Orange” Flavor
- Made in the USA
- Zero Sugar,
- Best Vegan iron supplement, Gluten-Free,
- Natural Flavors, Natural Sweeteners, Natural Colors
Recommended Use: The usual recommended dose is 1 tablet a day or as directed by your healthcare provider. Allow the tablet to dissolve in the mouth. If you are a pregnant or nursing women then consult your healthcare provider.
6. Solgar – Gentle Iron 25 mg Vegetable Capsules
If you have iron-deficiency anemia, iron supplementation is the only way to cure it. However, there are different types of iron, and some cause worse side effects than others. Usually, iron causes stomach upset and constipation, but this iron form, Iron Bisglycinate, is a chelating form that has little or no side effects.
- There are 180 capsules available due to bulk packaging, you can save a lot of money.
- Will help raise your Ferritin levels
- Easy on stomach
Recommended Use: As a dietary supplement take one capsule daily preferably with food to avoid stomach problems. Take it as directed by your practitioner.