Are you looking for the best portable ultrasound machine for home use? If Yes you are in the right place because we are going to discuss some of the very important and best portable ultrasound machines in this blog post.
Before going into the detail of portable ultrasound scanners let me first explain how we have listed these machines? we spend many hours comparing different brands and products. It’s true that there are different brands available on the market but we choose that handheld ultrasound machine that gives value to the user, cost-effective and is the most durable and user-friendly.
What is an Ultrasound machine?
An ultrasound machine creates images to examine the organs of the body. The device emits high-frequency sound waves, which are reflected in the structures of the body. A computer receives the waves and creates an image. Unlike X-rays or computed tomography, this test does not use ionizing radiation.
The cost of a portable ultrasound machine is somewhat reasonable from that of standard machines. The portable ultrasound machines also used the same technology however they can’t replace the standard ultrasound machines. According to a study, The image quality of the portable ultrasound machine is appropriate and the learning curve is adequate.
6 Best Portable Ultrasound Machine For Home Use
Here is a list of the best at home ultrasound machine. These are some of the best handheld ultrasound machines available on the market.
1. Philips Lumify C5-2
Philips Lumify is an application-based mobile and handheld ultrasound machine that transmits Philips quality ultrasound to your compatible Android phone or tablet. The Lumify C5-2 curved matrix transducer offers high-resolution images for deeper applications that include images of the abdomen, gallbladder, gynecology and lung images. The Philips Lumify C5-2 converter must be used with a compatible Android phone or tablet.
Most ultrasound devices are inconvenient to use and hard to move around. They are big, slow and come with their own monitor and battery-powered systems that make them way too expensive. Philips turned the table. They utilized our already powerful smartphones and tablets to offer a very simple solution.
Philips Lumify is the point of a care ultrasound system that transmits Philips quality ultrasound to your compatible smart device. It is the most recommended and best portable ultrasound Machine for Home Use and hospital use. This ultrasound machine for sale on Amazon; one of the world’s trusted and biggest markets.
- Transducers Types: Philips Lumify comes with three transducers covering a wide frequency range. You plug any of them into your Android device through a simple USB connection, download the Lumify app and you’re all set. Currently, Philips supports the following three types of transducers devices: The S4-1, Convex (C5-2), Linear (L12-4) and Phased (S4-1). Philips Lumify’s applications have been extended to include: cardiac, abdominal, ob/gynecology, rapid examination, soft tissue, muscle, lung, and vascular scanning.
- High quality: This at-home ultrasound machine provides high-resolution portable ultrasound images for deeper applications, including abdominal images, gallbladder, lungs and is the best portable ultrasound machine for pregnancy.
- One-touch start: This portable ultrasound machine is quick and easy to start. Enter your patient information, scan the patient’s barcode with your camera or go straight to one-touch scanning.
- Imaging Modes: Extended operating frequency range of 5 to 2 MHz, 50 mm footprint, 67.5 ° field of view and scanning depth of up to 30 cm. Image modes include 2D, color Doppler and M modes.
- Compatibility: This portable ultrasound machine is compatible with some Android smartphones and tablets. Philips often tests new devices you can check the compatible devices list on the product leaflet. Just download the free Lumify app on your compatible Android device, connect the transducer, and scan.
- Connectivity: The connectivity features include a configurable barcode reader, a DICOM worklist and image file, PC export to email or direct home or export to a shared network drive.
- USB and Cable: This kit includes a micro-USB and a USB-C cable are supplied with each portable ultrasonic transducer. Detachable cable allows easy replacement.
- Lumify is the fastest and delivers help wherever it’s needed.
- The most convenient way to do a mobile ultrasound.
- The interface is very easy to use and quite intuitive.
- A midwife can do an examination at home in case of a high-risk pregnancy.
- Doctors Without Borders worker with a backpack could examine entire refugee camps with it.
- Even if your doctor is not present, you can collaborate in real-time by sharing your devices’ image, while you communicate through your devices’ camera.
- It’s expensive than the competitors on the market but worth the investment.
2. Portable Bladder Scanner
Urologists, general practitioners, and nurses rely on a careful examination of the bladder to determine the need for treatment.
The PBS v4.1 system has been designed to be used by a variety of medical specialties in a point of care environment where reliable and immediate images and data acquisition are required. The use of PBS v4.1 can prevent unnecessary catheterization and, therefore, reduce infection rates.
PBS v4.1 is unique with a large real-time display (8.4 “), a patient database and the ability to scan 12 to 24 using a patented real volumetric algorithm for superior accuracy.
Simple tip and lock operation makes PBS v4.1 the preferred scanner for overcrowded clinical settings. PBS v4.1 automatically calculates bladder volume from an ultrasound image.
The integrated thermal printer provides a permanent copy of the results for accurate storage and archiving of documents. Port for integrated external printer supplied. In addition, PBS v4.1 has a low volume mode for accurate pediatric scanning and USB data input/output.
The level of precision has been improved in PBS v4.1 with the use of a real residual formula after a vacuum. This patented calculation formula allows you to calculate the precise volume below the normal 25 ml limit. This makes it possible to calculate even the smallest PVR. PBS V 4.1 does not require annual calibration. This ultrasound machine for sale on Amazon
- Unique design: This portable ultrasound machine is designed for use in hospitals, and clinics. The complete set includes a trolley on casters allowing bladder scanners to move smoothly and problem-free as needed between one department to another or even from one clinic to another. However, the device can also be used as a portable ultrasound scanner for home use if necessary.
- Large display: This device also comes with a large display of 8.4 LCD touch screen. This shows the real-time imaging,
automatical measurement and display its result, and evaluate the results. The Error rate is ±15%.
- Battery: It comes with a powerful rechargeable internal battery (Lithium) and an AC adaptor. The Battery Life is 8 hours. Please contact the company for more information.
- A USB port: The USB port is used for the transfer of data of the patient.
- This device is easy to use
- Aluminum, lightweight carry case,
- Ideal for nurses, physicians, and urologist for checking bladders
- Best portable ultrasound machine for home use and clinics.
- It did not require any annual calibration.
- 1 year extended warranty
- You can use it in the home but it’s not portable like Lumify, still, this is an incredible and reliable product.
3. Denshine Portable Full Digital
Denshine is ideal for mixed practice. It is designed for use by the bed and for emergency analysis on-site or in a rescue situation. It provides a continuous dynamic focus and the aperture reaches high resolution and image.
This at-home ultrasound machine offers a wide range of diagnostic applications. As in obstetrics and gynecology, urology, cardiology, small parts. This is an economical solution and this handheld ultrasound machine for sale on Amazon.
In case of problems with the product and service, the company will provide easy-to-use and easily accessible support. If you are not satisfied with your product, they will accept your return and refund you.
- Battery: It comes with a Lithium battery, it can run for 1 hour. on a single charge. It is convenient to your work.
- LED display: This portable ultrasound machine comes with a 12.1 inch LED display, a high-resolution and clear picture. and real-time continuous dynamic focusing.
- Easy to transport: This machine is perfect for mixed practice. It is designed for use in bed and emergency scanning on-site or in a rescue situation.
- Diagnostic Applications: The machine offers a wide range of diagnostic applications. It can be used in Gynecology, Obstetrics, urology, cardiology, small parts. This scanner is an effective solution.
- Easy to carry.
- Reasonable Price
- Easy to operate,
- Best portable ultrasound machine for home use and for emergency use.
- Best portable ultrasound machine for pregnancy.
- The best thing they offer a money-back guarantee.
- This is economical from other competitors
- The battery power is less than the competitors
4. Linear Series Wireless Probe Type Ultrasound Scanner
It is a small and compact size, easy to transport and is the best portable ultrasound machine for home use. It is a portable ultrasound machine of wireless type without probe cable, which works freely. This model is designed to withstand water. It is also convenient for sterilization. It facilitates remote diagnosis and allows images to be transferred to doctors. This is the Best Portable Ultrasound Machine For Home Use because of its compact size and easy to transport body.
- Design: The design of this device is Waterproof, and is convenient for sterilization.
- Wireless: It works freely without wireless and remote diagnosis convenience, capable of images transfer to doctors.
- Puncture assist function: The function of the in-plane puncture guideline, an out-of-plane puncture guideline, automatic blood vessel measurement, and the enhancement function of needlepoint development.
- Compatible system: The device can work on Apple iOS, Android, and Windows
- Battery working time: It comes with a battery and it works for 3 hours on a single charge.
- Weight: The total weight of this device is 270g.
- Easy to Use
- Support android, apple, and windows.
- Easy to transport
5. Wifi Wireless Portable Ultrasound Scanner
This is a type of wifi wireless ultrasonic scanner. This wireless probe scanner with integrated ultrasonic circuits can be wirelessly connected to the tablet, the smartphone, which performs the functions of an ultrasound scanner after the installation of the ultrasound software. It’s so small and smart, convenient for transportation and use.
It can be used in an emergency clinic, an inspection of the infirmary, community clinic and outside inspection, small rural hospitals, companies, schools, and sports centers, personal use: rent or purchase, compact ultrasound, easy to transport and use as you like, is the wireless probe SIFULTRAS -5.1.
In addition, the wireless probe can be conveniently used in surgery without cable fixation. By using the disposable protective cover, the problem of probe sterilization can be easily solved. The wireless probe can also meet the requirements of telemedicine to ensure a powerful ability to communicate smart devices. In short, this is one of the best handheld ultrasound machines.
- Wireless connectivity: It can connect to the smartphone which, after installing the ultrasound software, can then detect the functions of the ultrasound system.
- Portability: It is so small and smart, convenient for carrying and operation.
- Field of application: emergency medical, hospital ward inspection, clinical and outdoor community inspection, small rural hospital, businesses, schools, and sports centers, and for personal use.
- Connectivity: Due to the powerful communication capabilities of smart terminals, wireless investigations can meet the needs of telemedicine.
- Very good for bedside operations
- The cost is very much affordable
- Software issues in some pieces but they fixed it
6. Sonopulse III Ultrasound Device
Sonopulse III is a micro-controlled and FDA-approved ultrasound device with frequencies of 1 MHz and 3 MHz.
It has been developed for physiotherapy and beauty treatments. It is perfect for professional use and home care.
The device has a new design with a modern graphic LCD screen that facilitates the identification of protocols. It also has a slight inclination of the screen, which allows the expert user to adapt more easily to standing or sitting.
The temperature sensor indicates the temperature of the device and its automatic shutdown. The vibrations stimulate the tissue to improve local chemical reactions and processes.
The ultrasound is administered to the body with an effective coupling agent that heats the tissue in depth. The 1 MHz frequency penetrates at a depth of approximately 5 cm, while the 3 MHz ultrasonic frequency transmits the tissue at a depth of approximately 1 to 2 cm.
The average power of the ultrasound is 21 watts and the maximum intensity is 3 watts / square centimeter.
The device is suitable for several occasions, including pain relief, muscle spasms, physiotherapy and beauty treatments.
- Frequencies of 1 MHz and 3 MHz.
- Design with a modern graphic LCD screen
- Power of the ultrasound is 21 watts
What to Look for before buying a portable ultrasound machine?
Always check the below criteria before choosing an ultrasound machine. This is not a complete list because there is no single standard of choice that applies to all methods and applications. Let’s take a look at some of the important things before buying a device.
Portability: Size and weight are important parameters for portable ultrasound. Depending on the size, weight, and type of model, the portable ultrasound system is divided into three types: portable, folding and portable devices. The portable and folded down models have premium features that are not typically available on portable devices.
Functionality: Typically, high-end machines use advanced imaging technologies to deliver high performance, which translates into greater functionality and options. Although typically ultrasonic machines have evolved over the years, high-end machines offer higher characteristics than others. If you need to perform frequent scans or require advanced imaging with high levels, consider high-end or mid-range portable ultrasound.
Compatibility: Compatibility is essential for all ultrasound systems, especially portable devices, as you may need to connect them to other devices or software in your office or on the go. For example, to view, share, and move photos, you may need to connect ultrasound to your tablet, mobile phone, laptop, or other devices. Compatibility can be a problem, especially with older machines. Even the most recent machines are not compatible with other devices of the same brand. Therefore, it would be wise to keep compatibility in mind when choosing the best portable ultrasound machine.
Price: Price is last on this list because when it comes to choosing the best portable ultrasound, pricing should not be a determining factor. Functionality, performance, portability, and compatibility are the most important factors to consider. If cost is a deciding factor, you may end up with an ultrasound machine that does not have all the capabilities and functionality needed to affect your practice.
If you buy something through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. Learn How it Works