Donepezil is a popular medicine usually prescribed for the symptomatic treatment of dementia which is a brain disorder that impacts a person’s ability to think, remember or communicate. The sudden personality and behavioral changes have also been observed in the patients suffering from dementia or Alzheimer.
Donepezil is in a group of medicines called cholinesterase that improves memory, the ability to think, communicate and perform routine activities without much hurdle. Noticeably, this medicine can only slow the loss of these abilities and cannot cure the disease itself.
There are many misconceptions about this medicine particularly there are different opinions respecting when and how this medicine should be consumed. In this post, we’ll highlight some of the important aspects that will hopefully clear your doubts and confusions about the safe and effective use of Donepezil.
How Should Donepezil be Used?
Donepezil is available as a tablet that quickly dissolves in the mouth. It is generally consumed once a day. You can take your medicine with or without food and it’s generally taken in the evening just ahead of going to the bed. Make sure to follow the instructions mentioned on your prescription carefully and don’t hesitate to consult your doctor or pharmacist to clarify anything you don’t understand. In addition to that, never change suggested dosage at any cost.
Donepezil is said to be an effective drug that controls the symptoms of Alzheimer and it can surely make the quality of your life better if you take it on regular basis or as prescribed by your doctor.
Initially, your doctor may suggest low dose of Donepezil and after critical observation will increase your dose after 4 to 6 months.
Make sure you take the whole tablet without splitting. Consult your doctor if you think you can’t take in the whole tablet at once.
The simplest way to consume Donepezil tablet is to place it on your tongue and let it dissolve. You can drink some water or juice after the tablet dissolves.
The general misconception about Donepezil is that you can’t consume it in the morning. But, the fact is that you can take your medicine in the morning if you want. Taking Donepezil at night may lower down GI side effects or can also reduce nausea noticed in a few patients especially when they are going through the first initial weeks of their treatment. Also, as this medicine can cause slow heartbeat for some patients, it’s better to take it at night to prevent any disturbance.
Apart from Dementia, Donepezil can also be used to treat various other issues and you can consult your doctor to know more about the other possible uses of Donepezil.
What Precautions You Should Consider Before Taking Donepezil?
Just like any other medicine, there are some precautions you should consider before adding Donepezil into your routine. For instance,
• Make sure to go through the ingredients of the tablet first and feel free to share your concerns with your doctor if you’re allergic to any of the ingredients present in the medicine.
• Always tell your pharmacist or doctor about any other medicine you’re currently using. For instance, if you’re taking any nutritional supplements or herbal products, make sure to mention them to your doctor. This way your doctor can amend the dosage or examine you more carefully for the reactions.
• Always tell your doctor about any other medical condition you’re currently having such as asthma, seizures, ulcers, or kidney or heart disease.
• It’s very important that you should always tell your doctor about your pregnancy as you can’t use any medicine without you doctor’s advice when you’re expecting. Immediately call your doctor if you conceive while using Donepezil. Noticeably, the same rule applies for lactating mothers.
• In case of any surgery, make sure to tell your concerned doctor that you’re taking Donepezil on daily basis.
Donepezil is a proven remedy prescribed by doctors for the treatment of Dementia and Alzheimer. Yes, it cannot cure your disease but can lower down the effects of painful symptoms associated with these conditions. Although, there is nothing wrong if you take Donepezil in the morning, it is still recommended to use it before going to your bed as it may prevent some of the side effects that can be truly dangerous for you.
Lastly, do not let anyone else take your medicine. Make sure to acquire your medicine from an authentic drug store. You can also review surveys of online pharmacy stores like Rite Aid to see which options are safe to use. Always consult your doctor in case you’re not feeling well or if you think Donepezil is causing any sort of side effect.
If you are looking for Best sinus irrigation machine or nasal rinse machine you are in the right place. Let… Read More
Are you looking for the best portable x rays machines if yes you are in the right place as we… Read More
Are you looking for the best sunblock for face recommended by dermatologists? Don't worry we are here to tell some… Read More