Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint is a device used at night that adapts to the foot, ankle, and leg. They are used during the night to stretch the plantar fascia (the tendon attached to the heel of the foot, arched, and ending with the ball) and also used to stretch the calf muscle while you sleep.
The splints relieve the injured and swollen area but tend to be clumsy and limit the legs’ movements during sleep.
According to a study, tension night splints, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, the visco-elastic heel pad, and the stretching program can be used as an effective treatment for plantar fasciitis.
Two randomized clinical trials indicated that stress Night splints are useful in primary and also the treatment of overweight and chronic patients with plantar fasciitis. These splints appear to be well tolerated by most patients. Still, more research is needed to determine its effectiveness in an acute population.
What is plantar fasciitis?
Plantar fasciitis occurs when the connective tissue (fascia) under the foot (plantar) becomes tense and inflamed. This can cause the fascia to break, discolor, or swell. The combination of these problems can lead to a painful experience for people with plantar fasciitis.
The Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint wraps the foot, ankle, and calf and supports these areas to keep the foot bent 90 degrees at night. Keeping your foot bent over your back, the night splint ensures that the plantar muscles stay in a tight position and cannot be shortened During the night.
Before going to the detail of best plantar fasciitis, night splints let me tell some important home remedies that will help heal your plantar pain.
Here is a list of some home remedies for the treatment of plantar fasciitis.
- Break up the scar tissues around your plantar fascia. For that purpose, you can use deep tissue massagers and exercises like a golf ball or tennis, and a rolling pin.
- Plantar fasciitis may also be aggravated because of your long-standing duty, but you need complete bed rest to avoid such things.
- Wear orthotics. According to a Harvard Medical School Assistant Professor James P. Ioli, foot orthotics can be used if the muscles, tendons, ligaments, joints, or bones are not optimal functional and cause pain, discomfort, and fatigue.
- Find Good Supportive Shoes for plantar fasciitis. There are different types of shoes available on the market, but you have to select the one that best fits your plantar fasciitis issue.
- Wear a night splint. These splints will not allow your foot to arch overnight. You can read more about this below.
- A compression sock can also help ease the pain. They prevent the foot from flexing as much as when walking.
- Gently massaging the arches will help loosen the plantar fascia and other muscles along the heel’s bottom.
- Anti-Inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen, Advil, etc., will help you, but it’s important to ask your doctor before using any medicine.
What are the risk factors for plantar fasciitis?
- Standing all day jobs: Like Nurses, teachers, police, cashiers, and others standing, especially on hard surfaces, most of the day can damage the plantar fascia.
- Footwear: wearing unsupported shoes or poorly fitting shoes can cause ligament problems
- Some exercises: activities that stress the heel, such as running, ballet, and basketball.
- Foot mechanics: people with high arches, flat feet, or an abnormal gait can stress the plantar fascia
- Age: More common in people aged 40 to 60 when ligaments become less elastic
- Obesity: being overweight helps stimulate the plantar fascia
Top 10 Best Plantar Fasciitis Night Splints
Here is a list of best plantar fasciitis night splints, which might help all those looking for the best night splints.
1.Vive Hard Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint
Vive Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint is a typical shoe for plantar fasciitis, which relieves pain and inflammation in the morning. It comes with some slices for better positioning and a massage ball for the feet as an additional advantage. This night splint has 3 Velcro straps and soft padding covering the entire bust and is perhaps the most comfortable night splint on the market.
- Comfortable to wear one either foot
- Available in 4 different sizes
- Comes with foot massage ball and wedge
- Soft padding against skin
- A few customers say it’s not long enough.
- Buckles may dig into the skin, which can cause inflammation and pain.
- Some customers complain about being too loose and foot slippage out of flexed position.
- Few Complaints of durability.
2. Alpha Medical Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint
Alpha Medical is also one of the best plantar fasciitis night splints for plantar fasciitis. Its lightweight profile, padded shoulder straps, and breathable feet provide the comfort of a sleeping device that would otherwise be bulky. Stretching the group and feeling relaxed in the morning is the reason why this shoe is as promising.
- Reduces the inflammation and Pain
- Shell is Low profile, Lightweight, and Breathable.
- Available in three different sizes
- Toe may be susceptible to numbing.
- Some customers complain of the foot not securely fitted in.
- Uncomfortable because of wide calves and Strap across.
3. Procare ProWedge Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint
It is one of the best Plantar fasciitis Night Splints in the market as it provides the right level of support to the foot. It is designed to keep the foot at a 90-degree angle to the shinbone, which places a sustained stretch on the plantar fascia.
- A good amount of padding for comfort.
- You can wear it on either foot.
- Don’t place too much stress on the foot.
- Sometimes the material can irritate.
4. Nice Stretch 90 Patented Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint
It is a patented fixed-angle plantar fasciitis night splint. It combines passive stretching with cold therapy to reduce inflammation and provides an improved patient care protocol. It is used to treat plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, plantar flexion contractures, and tight triceps.
- Due to its rigidity, it provides excellent support.
- Comfortable to wear.
- Don’t last long
- Few complaints about Straps dig into the skin and cause pain and inflammation.
5. Plantar Fasciitis Posterior Night Splint
It is designed to relieve the morning pain associated with plantar fasciitis. This night shoe includes two straps, a corner for the feet, and three additional padded straps for immobilization. It is used to keep the foot in the back position throughout the night.
- The brace is on the outside of the foot.
- The numbness was reported in some cases.
- Available in Limited sizes.
- May does not work for large calves.
6. Cramer Dorsal Night Splint
This Night Splint is used for Effective Relief From Plantar Fasciitis Pain, Heel, Arch Foot Pain, Achilles Tendonitis, Sleep Support, Breathable Fabric, Slip Resistant, Comfortable Fit with Easy Adjusting.
- Comfortable with soft padding
- Less Bulky
- Easy to adust
- Not good for wide calves
- Straps may slip and cause the foot to fall out of position.
7. Futuro Night Plantar Fasciitis Sleep Support
Futuro Night Plantar Fasciitis Sleep Support Places the foot in the recommended position to feel better in the morning. The understated design does not distract you when you leave, and the lightweight, breathable materials keep you cool all night long. While you sleep, help your footrest with soothing support.
- Breathable straps are soft and durable.
- Helps relieve foot and heel pain associated with plantar fasciitis
- Soft edges feel smooth against your skin.
- Low-profile support
- Easy to adjust
- Some Complaints about the straps did not keep the foot at a right angle.
8. Plantar Fasciitis Soft Night Splint by Flexibrace
It is perfect for those who want something stylish whilst remaining comfortable. The main reason you’d go for this Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint is the soft fabric used in this splint, which feels super soft against your skin.
- Soft padding and comfortable fabric
- Very comfortable
- Attractive design
- Big and bulky
- Not recommended for walking around the home like some of the braces with an open heel.
9. Strictly Stability Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint
It Provides a Soft Comfortable Latex Free Foam Padding Ideal for Plantar Fasciitis, Achilles Tendinitis, & Foot and Heel Pain. It is available in different sizes.
- Can be Wear on Either Foot
- It is a Lightweight
- It Includes Foot Massage Ball
- With 1-year Warranty.
- Not easy to adjust.
10. Bird and Cronin Night Splint
It is one of the comfortable and best Plantar fasciitis night splints. It is designed to apply consistent 90º stretch to the plantar fascia ligament and Achilles tendon.
- Removable foam.
- Padded straps for easy application and removal
- Latex Free
- The left or right application reduces inventory requirements.
- Some customers complaining about the size.
What To Look For When Choosing the Best Plantar Fasciitis Night Splints?
It would be best to keep in mind some important criteria when buying a night splint to help treat your plantar fasciitis.
- The night splint must be effective.
- A night splint must be strong enough to hold your foot in place; many of them are bulky and heavy to wear.
- Must check the size and adjustability; otherwise, it’s a complete waste of money.
The night splints described in this article are among the best Plantar Fasciitis Night Splints on the market. Each splint offers its own set of utilities. Therefore, be sure to identify the most important factors for you before choosing.
A night splint is a good investment as it is helpful and effective in the early stages of the disease, during and after recovery.
Our Top Pick
So, which one is our top pick and which I recommend?
Here is the verdict:
- Vive Hard Plantar Fasciitis Splint is made from high-quality material and is one of the trusted splints with too many positive reviews from the customers. It is one of the most durable, accurate, reliable, and best Plantar fasciitis splints on the market.
You can buy this product if you agree and totally fine if you do not agree – in which case you can consider one of the remaining best plantar fasciitis splints.
Related Article: Top 15 Best Vein Finders
If you buy something through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. Learn How it Works