If you are looking for the best BCAAs for men and women, this post is especially for you.
BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids) are some of the popular supplements used by men and women to boost muscle growth and improve performance during exercise. BCAAs supplement is made up of 3 different amino acids: leucine, isoleucine, and valine. It promotes protein synthesis, increases muscle growth and improves recovery.
BCAAs are essential amino acids, which means that your body needs them to function, but your body can not produce essential amino acids, so a person needs to take them out of the diet.
BCAAs have many advantages, some will be shown immediately and others will have a more lasting effect in the long term.
- Increase Muscle growth: A study published in the Journal of Nutrition found that BCAA activates a specific pathway in the body that stimulates the synthesis of muscle proteins, the muscle-building process.
- Combat workout fatigue: One study found that taking BCAA can reduce the level of serotonin, a central fatigue agent, during resistance exercise, which can subsequently reduce muscle damage levels.
- Improve Lean Body Mass: A 2006 research claims that BCAAs for women can increase enzymes that build lean muscle mass and increase protein synthesis and muscle mass in women. Another study found that BCAA supplementation can also help improve lean body mass and reduce body fat.
- Stops the muscle breakdown process: A study showed that BCAAs reduced the blood levels of two enzymes, creatine kinase, and lactate dehydrogenase, and reduced these enzymes in the pathways of muscle breakdown. BCAAs can improve your recovery by protecting you from increased muscle damage.
- BCAA can Lose body fats: A study of competitive wrestlers found that eating a high-protein, low-calorie diet lost 3.5 pounds and 0.6% of additional body fat when added to BCAA over a period of 19 days.
- Help Prevent Heart Failure: BCAAs may prevent heart failure and this claim is supported by a study that BCAA breakdown deficiencies are associated with an increased risk of heart disease.
The following dose of BCAAs should be used;
- The usual recommended dose of isoleucine is 48-72 mg per kilogram of body weight, provided it is a non-obese person.
- The usual recommended dose of leucine is between 2 and 10 g.
- A combined dose is 20 g of BCAA combined with a balanced proportion of leucine and isoleucine.
So what are the best BCAAs for men and women?
There are different brands of BCAAs available on the market but finding the best BCAAs for men and women can be a challenge.
In order to help you find the best BCAAs for men and women, we’ve researched & narrowed down the best BCAAs for men and women available on the market right now.
So here we go !!
Best BCAAs For Men And Women
Here is a list of best BCAAs for men and women money can buy.
1. Scivation Xtend BCAAs
Scivation Xtend is among the best BCAA for men and women and some of the best BCAAs on the market. It is also the best selling BCAA in the world.
XTEND Original is based on 7 grams of branched-chain amino acids (BCAA), known to promote recovery and muscle growth. It also contains moisturizing electrolytes and additional performance components to help you recharge, repair and regenerate. Xtend also contains a mixture of glutamine and citrulline malate to facilitate blood circulation and relieve muscle pain.
In the heart of Xtend, there are 7 grams of BCAA in a naturally designed and proven ratio of 2: 1: 1 plus glutamine and citrulline malate. In addition, with a patented mixture of electrolytes inducing hydration.
Xtend is a sugar-free method that allows anyone to move to a strenuous gym.
World-class athletes, champions, elite bodybuilders and strength athletes of all kinds use Scivation Xtend during training to train longer, stronger and more intense.
- Ratio: The ratio of branch chain amino acid in this BCCA is 2:1:1 plus Glutamine and Citrulline Malate.
- BCCA Per Serving: This formula contains 7 grams of BCAAs per serving.
- Other ingredients: It also contains 2.5g of added Glutamine and a proprietary blend of hydration-inducing electrolytes.
- Flavors: This supplement is available in 15+ delicious flavors
- Sugar-Free: There are Zero carbs, calories, and sugar in this supplement which make it easy for you to grind through a grueling gym session.
- Best for: The Xtend is best for intra-workout, Hydration & Muscle Recovery.
Pros & Cons
- May improve your muscle retention
- Third-party tested and is safe for consumption
- For recovery, they have added citrulline malate.
- Some people don’t like artificial colors
- This formula doesn’t contain stimulants which may not be best for prework out.
Mix each spoon in 10-14 ounces. Water and shake well. On training days, take 1 tablespoon during training and 1 tablespoon after training. On days without training, take 2 tablespoons during the day. Consume daily to get the best results.
2. LadyBoss Recover
(Best BCAAs for Women)
As the name implies, LadyBoss Recover is a supplement designed specifically for women who want to lose weight or strengthen their muscles with minimal pain and fatigue.
Post-workout recovery cannot be improved unless you drink a bottle of this refreshing drink after completing the exercise.
Each bottle purchased should have 30 servings and you should make sure you don’t take more than four servings a day to get the best results. Remember that an overdose will do more harm than good.
Then you will see how LadyBoss Recover can help you love yourself by eliminating excess weight as a chef.
- Best BCAAs For Women: This is specifically designed BCAA for women.
- Warranty: They offer a 30 days 100% money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the results.
- Post Workout BCAA: With the help of natural amino acids, such as citrulline malate during exercise recovery, phosphocreatine stores are reintroduced at a better rate, resulting in greater reserves of ATP in less time.
Pros & Cons
- Good taste
- Increase endurance and focus
- It helps with the recovery
- Specially design for women
- Expensive as compared to other competitors
Do not use more than 4 servings per day. This product is for healthy adults over 18 years only. Do not exceed the recommended amounts or daily intake. Do not use this product if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, if you have a pre-existing illness, or if you are taking any prescription medication or OTC. Discount use two weeks before the operation. Keep out of the reach of children.
3. BulkSupplements BCAA Powder
The optimal ratio of L-leucine, L-isoleucine and L-valine in this formula is 2: 1: 1 while containing 7 grams of BCAA. This is also the best BCAA for men and women, as it can increase muscle growth and metabolism.
This 100% pure BCAA powder before/after training promotes protein synthesis, increases muscle growth and minimizes tissue damage that usually occurs after intense strength training to maximize your training.
The essential amino acids leucine, isoleucine, and valine act as a delivery vehicle for faster absorption, resulting in faster recovery after training and better performance results.
Ideal to stimulate muscle growth and burn fat, accelerate recovery from exercise and improve athletic endurance for longer and more effective workouts.
This product may not be intended for people with serious illnesses and for pregnant and nursing women. Always consult your doctor before taking a supplement.
- Branched-chain amino acids (abbreviated BCAAs): It includes essential amino acids leucine, valine, and isoleucine at the optimal ratio of 2:1:1
- Clean and safe: This product has no fillers or additives that’s the reason this is the best BCAA for men and women.
- Purity and Quality: The company claims that this product is Lab-tested for purity & quality.
Pros & Cons
- Clean and pure powder.
- Reduce muscle soreness & speed up workout recovery.
- Boost muscle growth and burn fat.
- Optimal Ratio, 2:1:1
- No additive and zero sugar
- Best BCAA for Men & Women
- Gluten, soy, and dairy-free
- The taste is not good
Take 1500 mg (approximately 3/4 teaspoon) three times a day. Individual needs vary. For best results, wait 20-30 minutes before training. BCAA powder can have a strong flavor. Add this powder to the capsules or mix it with smoothies or fruit puree to dilute the bitterness.
4. Evlution Nutrition BCAA Energy
Evlution BCAA is the most sold naturally stimulated branched-chain amino acid drink that provides complete support for energy, concentration, muscle growth, and recovery. BCAA ENERGY improves performance by combining BCAA of the highest quality, natural energizers, amino acids that improve resistance and antioxidants that you can use at any time.
Evlution is the best BCAA for men and It contains 5 g of pure BCAA (leucine, isoleucine, and valine) in a 2: 1: 1 ratio. It also contains green tea caffeine, the best type because it contains antioxidants.
There are also vitamins B and C in this supplement. Beta-alanine, L-alanine, and taurine are also added to increase energy and endurance. This brand offers many flavors with a delicious sound. I am particularly interested in the new taste of peach lemonade.
Delays fatigue due to prolonged training, protects the muscle against muscle failure, supports aerobic and anaerobic performance with regular intake, promotes muscle protein synthesis and stimulates a recovery by reducing pain and muscle damage.
- Effectiveness: This product is effective. You can add it to your diet and it will improve your muscle recovery, time and growth of new muscles.
- Taste: It contains sucralose which has been reported to leave a bad after taste in your mouth.
- Extra ingredients: This BCAA supplement also contain caffeine and other vitamins that may help you boost your energy level and muscle recovery.
- Serving: Each 9.6grams serving gets a decent BCAA five grams after a 2: 1: 1 ratio. This means that this product contains 2.5 grams of leucine, 1.25 grams of isoleucine, and 1.25 grams of valine per serving.
Pros & Cons
- It contains added caffeine and taurine
- It also contains extra vitamins
- The product is affordable and is not expensive
- No carbs and no calories
- The Caffeine present in this BCAA reduces versatility
- It contains artificial sweeteners which may be a concern for some people.
- Also, it contains Just 5 grams of BCAA per serving
- Not for pregnant and nursing women.
Recommended use: Take 2 tablespoons before, after and/or during your workout to build muscle mass and promote recovery.
5. Optimum Nutrition Essential Amino Energy
Optimum Nutrition is a perfectly mixed mixture of amino acids to promote muscle recovery. With 100 mg of caffeine from green tea extracts and/or green coffee extracts, you have an energy boost that helps you spend the day or train hard.
Optimum Nutrition’s exclusive formula with energy optimization, Amino Energy, helps you focus on your mind. This unique formula is perfect for any time of the day: you can recover your energy and concentration in the morning, stay focused and productive in the evenings, or even maintain your level of energy and concentration in the gym.
- Flavors: It comes in 10 delightful flavors and 3 different sizes. Its taste is refreshing without being too sweet or sickly rich.
- Ingredients: Amino Energy Components pay attention to the amino acid, Green tea, Green coffee. These 3 ingredients are included as 2 proprietary blends, which are amino compounds and energy compounds.
- Pre-workout: The fact that this product contains a considerable amount of caffeine and a large number of amino acids, can be used as a pre-exercise.
- Calories Per Serving: This formula contains 12 calories per serving and 1 gram of Carbs.
Pros & Cons
- Taste is good as compare to other
- Replace electrolytes lost during a workout
- Support endurance
- You can use it before, after or in the workout session
- No added sugar
- It contains artificial sweeteners and dyes
Recommended use: As a dietary supplement, mix two tablespoons of Essential Amino Energy in 10-12 ounces of cold water. Instructions for use For amino acid intake: eat one or more servings in the morning and/or between meals.
- Take 1 to 3 servings of energy 20 to 30 minutes before training.
- Recovery after exercise Take 1 to 2 servings immediately after exercise.
6. Muscle Pharm Essentials BCAA Powder
MusclePharm BCAA powder offers a unique blend of patent-pending amino acids: 3 leucine, 1 isoleucine, 2 valine, which provides the ideal levels of these three proteins in the body. It promotes the growth and maintenance of muscles, supports muscle mass and reduces muscle degradation.
They use some natural sources for electrolyte hydration, such as watermelon juice and coconut water. Unlike most other BCAA dietary supplements, it does not lack calories. Each spoon contains 25 calories and, for most people, one serving equals 2 tablespoons. Certainly, this complex is designed for those looking for more muscle gain than calorie counting, so as not to distract them from this product.
This BCAA powder mixes easily with water and contains no calories, carbohydrates or grams of sugar. It is sold in a delicious blue raspberry flavor. These features make it one of the best BCAAs for men and women.
- Money-back guarantee: The company offers a full 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied.
- Flavors: This formula is available in 5 different flavors.
- Tested For Banned substances: The company claims that the product is tested for various banned substances and Strict controls and tests are taken to ensure that it is not contaminated with the prohibited material and is safe to use.
- Soluble with zero calories: This BCAA powder is easily mixed with water and contains zero calories, zero carbohydrates and zero grams of sugar.
- Price: You can take a tub of 216 grams that provides 30 servings for 19, making it 63 cents per serving or 10 grams per gram of BCAA. There is also a 3: 1: 2 version with caffeine priced at 23 dollars, or 77 cents per serving.
- Ratio: 3:1:2: They offer a unique patented pending amino acid mixture: 3 leucine, 1 isoleucine, 2 valine, which provide the body with the ideal amount of these three proteins.
Pros & Cons
- The lower price of this one make it the best BCAA for both men and women.
- Excellent ingredient profile
- 6 Grams of BCAA Amino Acids
- No sugar and calories
- some customers complain of bad taste.
Recommended use: Take one (1) serving (8.6 g) mixed with 10-12 oz. cold water Take 1 to 3 times a day 1 serving. For optimal use between meals, take 30 to 45 minutes before training and/or immediately after training.
7. Post JYM Active Matrix
The Post JYM active matrix contains eight ingredients that help promote post-workout recovery and growth. Four of the ingredients are also included in Pre JYM (BCAA, creatine, beta-alanine, betaine) since these ingredients may be more effective before and after exercise.
This complex was designed to be used mainly after training. It still has the 2: 1: 1 ratio of BCAA, but it also contains creatine, beta-alanine, taurine, and betaine. It also contains glutamine and carnitine for better regeneration. The absorption of all these excellent nutrients in the muscles is guaranteed by the black pepper extract BioPerine. This combination of amino acids and BCAA combined with better absorption ensures that your muscles are well taken care of after a long and difficult workout.
Post JYM contains 8 ingredients scientifically studied to maximize muscle recovery. Glutamine, Taurine and L-Carnitine L-Tartrate improves the repair of broken muscle tissue and ensures rapid recovery of the body, allowing you to go to the gym the next day.
This powder is the best BCAA for both men and women. Like all JYM products, Post JYM does not include proprietary blends or short formulas.
It supports muscle growth, maximizes recovery and reduces training pain.
Consume 1 tablespoon with water within 30 minutes after training
- Ingredients: It contains 8 science-backed ingredients that can help you grow your lean muscle and lose weight. Glutamine, taurine and L-carnitine L-tartrate improve the repair of broken muscle tissue, for rapid recovery of the body so you can go to the gym the next day.
- BCAA ration: The ratio of branch chain amino acid is 3:1:1. The BCAAs are three amino acids—leucine, isoleucine, and valine—that share a common structure.
- Taste: No other supplement exceeds the delicious taste of JYM after exercise. Mix this powder with 16-32 ounces of water and enjoy it.
- Contains creatine for a boost in muscle
Pros & Cons
- Good solubility
- Great taste
- Best for Post-workout
- Best absorption rate
- Artificial flavors
- No daily values
8. Cellucor Alpha Amino
Alpha Amino is the ultimate sports drink powder for performance, hydration, and regeneration. The premium formula is based on the power of amino acids and is enriched with ingredients that promote a healthy fluid balance, so you have your physical condition under control.
Cellucor Alpha Amino is our first choice for people who eat ketogenic. As it contains no calories, it has a low risk of keto and contains a large amount of magnesium, sodium, and potassium, minerals that are generally recommended as important dietary supplements for people on a high-fat diet.
Alpha Amino is the ultimate sports drink powder for performance, hydration, and regeneration. The premium formula contains 14 amino acids, including a well-studied ratio of BCAA 2: 1: 1. These features make it one of the best BCAAs for men and women.
The Alpha mixture of Hydra Alpha contains BetaPower, coconut water powder that nourishes the skeletal muscle and restores the balance of intracellular fluids.
- Benefits: This supplement is perfect for those who exercise resistance with a strength component, because of its unique integration with BCAA, amino acids, and ingredients that promote hydration.
- Ratio: The ratio of BCAAs is 2: 1: 1.
- Flavors and sizes: Alpha Amino is available in 30 or 50 serving tubs. You also have the option of 6 different flavors. Flavors include Fruit Punch, Grape, Icy Blue Razz, Lemon Lime, Pink Lemonade, and Watermelon.
- Price: You can get 30 servings for 25 dollars, which is 83 cents per serving. This is 16 cents per gram of BCAA (three major amino acids of the branch chain, not the other eleven amino acids).
- Taste: Alpha Amino Fruit Punch has a very refreshing taste. Like this flavored BCAA, it tastes like chewy cherries and watermelons.
Pros & Cons
- 100% satisfaction or money-back guarantee
- Zero-calorie, zero carbs, and zero sugar
- Doesn’t contain soy
- Taste is good
- Expensive (A little)
- It contains sucralose and acesulfame potassium
9. BPI Sports Best BCAA
BPI Sports is one of the best BCAA for bodybuilders. It promotes the regeneration and repair of muscles and prevents muscle loss during exercise. It is a versatile BCAA that can benefit everyone, from passionate bodybuilders to athletes and exercise enthusiasts.
This powdered BCAA formula contains a branched-chain amino acid (BCAA) and a rapid absorption CLA matrix that promotes muscle recovery while preventing muscle breakdown.
This powerful BCAA powder increases endurance for better sports performance. Best BCAA also helps repair and rebuild muscles to promote recovery after training.
BPI Sports BCAA is packed with scientifically formulated and formulated ingredients. This definitive sports powder with zero sugar and 5 grams of BCAA for regeneration and strengthening provides a delicious fruit punch flavor. This extra-strong BCAA formula is made in the United States and comes with a 100% money-back guarantee. If the benefits are not enough to convince you, Best BCAA has also been tested and certified by third parties for optimal performance. More than 300,000 users worldwide use it.
Pros & Cons
- You can take it any time
- It increases recovery time
- 100% money-back guarantee
- It comes in different flavors and varieties
- Muscle growth, recovery, performance
- No stimulant
- Solubility is poor
- it contains red dye which is a concern for some people.
Recommended use: For best results, take one (1) spoon before exercise to improve performance, one (1) spoon during exercise to help build muscles and/or one (1) spoon after exercise. accelerate regeneration.
10. Dr Emil Nutrition BCAA + 1500mg Glutamine Capsules
Dr. Emil is one of the best BCAA for men and women. This formula is backed by a high dose of L-Glutamine, which increases the metabolism of BCAA and creates the ideal synergy for greater recovery and growth.
They use an optimal ratio of L-leucine, L-isoleucine, and L-valine of 2: 1: 1 for superior support of muscle growth and prevention of muscle loss, fatigue and pain.
BCAA PLUS was formulated with an optimal ratio of 3 branched-chain amino acids and a robust dose of 1500 mg of L-glutamine. In addition to promoting muscle recovery, glutamine also contributes to the metabolism of BCAA, providing an ideal blend of muscle regeneration.
If you are a runner, a bodybuilder or just an intense trainer, our writing is for you. By using known ingredients to promote muscle recovery and muscle growth, as well as to prevent pain and fatigue, BCAA PLUS can help you jump faster and stronger.
- Optimal 2:1:1 BCCA ratio
- Manufactured in the USA in an FDA-registered,
- GMP certified laboratory.
- All products come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
- This is a capsule dosage form
Pros & Cons
- Affordable price
- Science-backed ingredients
- No harmful additives
- Strong and potent
- According to one reviewer, this formula can cause GI upset.
- May be too strong for starters.
What to look for when buying BCAA?
The first thing to consider in a BCAA supplement is the ratio between leucine, isoleucine, and valine. The extended ratio accepted is 2: 1: 1. Protein synthesis has been shown to be maximum.
We recommend choosing a powder form of BCAAs. They can be easily administered to drinks before and after training. This does not mean that you should not take pills etc.
It is important to know that leucine becomes unusable if you remove isoleucine and valine, so you cannot leave them completely.
It is important to verify if the products can be absorbed by the body. Without a sufficiently rapid absorption rate, it will escape from the body before your body can use it.
Another factor to consider is whether you want to add enhancers to your product. Some BCAAs are also energy stimulants or weight loss agents. Check if they are included and base your decisions from there. You should also check the sugar content and make sure it is low for anyone.
- Best Pre-workout To Lose Weight and Gain Muscle
- Vital Protein Collagen Peptides Review
- 10 Best Multivitamins For Women Over 40 and 50
- 10 Best Ashwagandha Supplements
- 10 best Hyaluronic Acid supplements
If you buy something through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. Learn How it Works