Are you looking for the best multivitamins for women over 40 or 50 and looking for an honest review? This article is especially for you.
Multivitamins are an essential part of a balanced diet. We know that we need sufficient vitamins and minerals to maintain our bodies’ normal functioning. Unfortunately, many of us do not consume these nutrients in a daily diet.
Many women fall short on folic acid, calcium, vitamin D, and many other vitamins and supplements because they don’t take the recommended allowance of food supplements.
If you struggle to take the recommended allowance from your food, the second-best option is to take supplements. Taking vitamins and supplements is an excellent way to increase your nutrition at any age. But choosing the right supplements is often tricky: there are many options. Here we will discuss different and best vitamins for women over 40 and 50.
Best Vitamins for women over 40 and 50s
The difference between vitamins and supplements for women over 40 and women above 50 is that Women in their forties and fifties have very different biological needs and often unique health goals. We know that choosing the most appropriate vitamins and dietary supplements can be a daunting decision. Therefore, we have studied which vitamins and nutritional supplements have priority in the different phases of life. Here is a list of the best multivitamins for women over 40 and 50.
The Vitamin B complex consists of 8 vitamins:
- Thiamine (B1),
- Riboflavin (B2),
- Niacin (B3),
- Pantothenic acid (B5),
- Vitamin B6,
- Biotin (B7),
- Vitamin B12 and
- Folic acid.
These B vitamins work together to support mood, digestion, sleep health, and probably an energy boost, as they help convert food into fuel. They also support the cardiovascular system and are the best vitamin for nails and hair.
Here we will discuss the essential vitamins for women over 30, 40, and 50.
1. B12 vitamin
Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin essential for normal blood and brain function. Children and young adults are likely to receive the vitamin B12 they need to eat. This vitamin’s natural source is meat and animal products, such as chicken, fish, dairy, and eggs. B12 is less absorbed by aging than the body, usually around 50 years since this is the case when gastric acidity is depleted. So any supplement containing B12 will be the best vitamin for women’s hair, nail, and other conditions.
Benefits of Vitamin B12
- Vitamin B12 can play an essential role in bone health. Low levels of this vitamin in the blood have been associated with an increased risk of osteoporosis-confirmed by this study.
- Vitamin B12 is involved in the formation of red blood cells. If the level of vitamin B12 is too low, the production of red blood cells will be affected, which will cause megaloblastic anemia.
- Maintaining an adequate level of vitamin B12 reduces homocysteine levels in the blood. It can help prevent the development of age-related macular degeneration. A study mentioned that taking Vitamin B12 and other vitamins may reduce the risk of homocysteine.
- Vitamin B12 is necessary to produce serotonin, a chemical that regulates mood. Vitamin B12 supplements can improve mood in people with existing deficiencies. You can check out this study as a reference.
- Vitamin B12 can help prevent brain atrophy and memory loss. A study showed that a combination of vitamin B12 and omega-3 fatty acid supplements slowed the mental decline. More research is needed to determine if this vitamin can improve people’s memory without a deficiency.
- Vitamin B12 is involved in the production of energy in your body. A dietary supplement can improve your energy level, but only if you lack this vitamin.
- Vitamin B12 can reduce homocysteine in the blood, an amino acid associated with increased heart disease risk. A 2017 study suggests that vitamin B12 helps decrease homocysteine levels, which may reduce your risk of heart disease. However, current research does not support the claim that vitamin B12 minimizes this risk.
- A healthy vitamin B12 is vital for hair, skin, and nails. A dietary supplement is unlikely to improve your health in these areas if your level is already sufficient. if you want more information, consider reading these two studies. [Study 1, Study 2]
The recommended daily dose of vitamin B12 is 2.4 mg. However, you don’t have to worry too much since it is a water-soluble vitamin.
It can be the best vitamin for women over 40, and you can consider any supplement containing Vitamin B12.
2. Folic acid (also known as folate or vitamin B9)
A folic acid is a chemical form of vitamin B9. The natural state of this vitamin is folic acid. Our body uses it to form new cells. Everyone needs folic acid. But for women who can get pregnant, it’s imperative! If a woman has enough folic acid before pregnancy, this can help prevent severe congenital disabilities in her baby’s brain and spine.
With age, women are less likely to get pregnant and have children. However, procreation in the 40s and 50s is not uncommon. For women over 40, the same recommendations apply to folic acid before and during the pregnancy of younger women. Even if a woman does not want to get pregnant, there are many reasons to continue using folic acid.
Benefits of vitamin B9
- This vitamin can be used to prevent neural tube defects. A 2015 study found that low levels of folic acid in the first weeks of pregnancy are associated with newborns’ neural tube defects.
- A study shows that high folic acid consumption can protect against some types of cancer. However, more research is needed to understand the additional effects of folic acid on long-term cancer risk.
- Appropriate folic acid helps reduce homocysteine levels, an inflammatory molecule associated with the development of heart disease.
An average adult needs 400 μg of equivalent folic acid per day, while pregnant women need 600 μg per day. The usual recommended adult dose is 400-600mcg while 200-400mcg of folic acid per day for children.
3. Vitamin C and vitamin E
Vitamin C and vitamin E are potent antioxidants and support healthy skin from the inside. Vitamin C strengthens the immune system and collagen formation, strengthening the skin’s youthful, soft, and elastic appearance. Due to their antioxidant properties, vitamins C and E can also help maintain skin health over time. Many people apply vitamin E oil locally on skin lesions to avoid scarring or speed up healing.
Benefits of Vitamin C and E
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that can increase antioxidant levels in the blood. It can help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease. The study shows that increased vitamin C consumption can increase the blood’s antioxidant levels by up to 30%.
- Vitamin C supplements have been found to reduce blood pressure in healthy adults and adults with high blood pressure. However, additional research is needed.
- Vitamin C supplements have been associated with a lower risk of heart disease. These supplements can reduce risk factors for heart disease, including “bad” LDL cholesterol and blood triglycerides.
- Foods and supplements rich in vitamin C have been associated with reduced uric acid levels in the blood and a lower risk of gout.
- Regarding vitamin C, the evidence of the usefulness of this nutrient during aging seems less conclusive, even if, as with vitamin E, a reduction in oxidative stress was observed due to high food intake of vitamin C in patients with cancer, AIDS, and asthma, and during physical activity. You can check this study.
4. Vitamin D
Vitamin D helps our body absorb calcium, which is essential for bone health. Technically, you should be able to take your vitamin D every day and stay in the sun for 15 minutes, but in reality, more than 40% of Americans don’t have it. If you live in a sunny place with little sun, if you work in the office for 9 to 5 years and use sunscreen (which blocks the synthesis of vitamin D), it will be difficult to get vitamin D. This vitamin is also challenging to find in the foods. That’s why Taub-Ten recommends looking for this ingredient in your Multi.
If you do not consume enough of this vitamin, the following effects may increase:
- Your chance of getting sick
- Loss of bones and hair.
- Your chances of bone and back pain.
The recommended dose of vitamin D3 is based on the latest research. The current recommendation is 35 IU of vitamin D per body weight. Therefore, a 40-pound child would need 1,400 IU per day, and for a 170-pound adult, the dose would be close to 6,000 IU.
Best Multivitamins for Women Over 40 and 50 (Brands)
Here is a list of the best vitamins for women over 40. These brands are some of the best-selling and positively reviewed products on Amazon.
GenF20 Plus (Best anti-aging)
As we age, our level of growth hormone decreases, which causes a decrease in stamina, the appearance of wrinkles, and laugh lines. This can also cause anxiety, depression, low libido, and fatigue. Supplements like GenF20 Plus can help you restore your HGH level.
Genf20 Plus is a natural supplement that is said to improve human growth hormone (HGH) levels naturally without using artificial HGH injections. This supplement is especially beneficial for women, as it can help improve the appearance of their skin, hair, and nails. Genf20 Plus may also help improve stamina and sexual performance.
Although not a multivitamin, GenF20 plus is made from a combination of different amino acids, herbal extracts, and minerals. These combined ingredients improve your health, reduce wrinkles and age spots, improve sex drive and increase stamina.
This product is designed to help your body increase its production of HGH, which can lead to a number of benefits, including improved skin, hair, and nails. Here are some of the benefits of taking Genf20 Plus:
- It lessens wrinkles, crow’s feet, and laugh lines.
- A beautiful skin that looks and feels firmer and smoother.
- It can increase physical stamina, faster metabolism, and weight loss.
- GenF20 Plus has some ingredients that support healthy memory, mood, and focus,
- It can also increase sex drive.
- GenF20 Plus will also help you sleep better.
- You can read more about this brand in our in-depth review here →GenF20 Plus: Everything You Need To Know
The advantages of Genf20 Plus are numerous; not only does it have an enteric coating that ensures high absorption rates and comes with a 67-day money-back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied after trying this product for yourself, then let them know and get your refund without question asked.
You can read our top 3 best HGH supplements
MegaFood Women over 40 One daily
Women in their 40s have special dietary needs and health problems that cannot be addressed with standard multivitamins or those intended for women over fifty. MegaFood Women Over 40 One Daily multivitamins are made from whole foods. They contain the right amount of iron and B vitamins that forty-year-old women need to maintain their energy levels and hormonal balance.
- MegaFood multivitamins are vegetarian, gluten-free, and GMO-free.
- Antioxidant-rich ingredients strengthen the immune system and promote the health of hair, skin, and nails.
- It is easy to swallow and can be taken on an empty stomach.
Take one tablet at any time of the day, even on an empty stomach. It contains a nutritious combination of food, herbs, and B vitamins for the nervous system’s energy and health.
Women Multi 40+ Garden of Life
Women’s Multi 40+ is a complete multi-use multivitamin formula designed specifically for women over 40. Promotes overall health and well-being, including breast, hormone, and heart support, with 100% or more of the recommended daily value of essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamins C, D3, E, K, B6, B12, and selenium— all of more than 30 fruits, vegetables and herbs such as kale, seaweed, Broccoli, parsley, ginger, amla berries, basil, etc. are produced. Below are some features that make it one of the best multivitamins for women over 40.
- Certified USDA Organic
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- Certified Vegan
- Certified Gluten-Free
- NO Synthetic Binders or Fillers
A serving of two tablets contains 1,000 IU of vitamin D3 and 60 μg of vitamin B12 (such as Methylcobalamin) and a certified mixture of natural hormones and breast support with black cohosh, tomato, and turmeric, without vitamins, binders, or synthetic fillers.
Naturelo Whole Food Multivitamin
This premium formula contains Vitamin A, B, C, D, E, and K. It boosts energy levels and metabolism. It is also used for inflammation, stress, heart, and eyes and is the best vitamin for brain health. This formula is the best vitamin for women over 50 and is also available for women below 50. In rare cases, side effects may include nausea, lethargy, cramping, or dizziness.
- Vitamin C (not Synthetic Ascorbic Acid),
- Vegan D3
- Active B6,
- B12 as Methylcobalamin,
- Folate (not Folic Acid),
- B Complex Fermented in Probiotics,
- K2 MK-7
- Minerals: Plant-Based Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, Selenium, Zinc & Potassium
- Organic Fruit & Vegetable Blends
- Does NOT Contain Soy, Gelatin, Egg, Dairy, or Yeast
- No Additives or Fillers
- Made in the USA
- Take four (4) capsules daily. For best results, take two (2) with breakfast and two (2) with dinner. You can open the capsules and add the powder to your food or drink. Each bottle contains a thirty (30) day supply.
Pure Encapsulations Multivitamins for women over 40
Pure Encapsulations is a multivitamin and mineral complex for women over 40 years of age that supports breast, eye, urinary tract, and emotional health. Women’s nutrients also help maintain healthy blood vessel function for optimal cardiovascular health.
This multivitamin, specially formulated and best for women over 40 years old, contains a mineral complex with Metafolin L-5-MTHF.
Pure Encapsulations produces a range of hypoallergenic supplements based on research. The products are carefully formulated with pure ingredients to provide predictable results for all patients, even the most sensitive patients.
- Pure Encapsulations products are free of wheat, gluten, eggs, peanuts, magnesium stearate, hydrogenated fats, artificial sweeteners, artificial colors, and other unnecessary excipients.
- All products that contain allergenic ingredients such as soy, dairy, or shellfish are clearly labeled.
- Best multivitamins for women over 40
Take three capsules 1 to 2 times a day with meals as a dietary supplement. This product comes with a desiccant. To preserve the product’s freshness, customers are advised to leave the container’s desiccant until the contents have been consumed.
New Chapter Every Woman II Multivitamin 40+
Every Woman II Multivitamin is made with fermented vitamins and minerals such as vitamin D3, A, and C. Various complementary herbs such as oregano, fenugreek, and hawthorn are formulated for production. Create the Every Woman II multivitamin. It promotes general health and system benefits with fully fermented vitamins and minerals.
Every Woman II Multivitamin supports heart health, eyesight, and digestion. All Woman II multivitamins contain fermented vitamin A (100% beta-carotene). To promote digestion, fermented Vitamins D3 and C help your body absorb essential nutrients.
- It can be taken anytime, even on an empty stomach.
- Certified Kosher,
- Certified Gluten-Free,
- No Animal Gelatin
- Non-GMO Project Verified,
- No Synthetic Fillers,
- Made with Certified Organic Vegetables & Herbs,
The recommended dose of this multivitamin formula is three tablets daily. It can be taken with or without food and at any time of the day.
Best Multivitamins For Women Over 50
Here is a list of the best multivitamins for women over 50. These brands are some of the most commonly used and best-selling products.
MegaFood, Multi for Women 55+
Megafood is one of the best multivitamins for women over 50. With 1000 IU of vitamin D to maintain healthy bones and B vitamins and zinc to support cognitive function.
MegaFood Multi for Women 55+ has been specially developed for optimal health and well-being. It contains FoodState B vitamins to promote healthy energy and cardiovascular function and choline to promote healthy memory and cognitive function.
- Vitamin A,
- Thiamine (B-1),
- Riboflavin (B-2),
- Vitamin B-12,
- Vitamin D3,
- Vitamin C,
- Vitamin E,
- Vitamin B-6,
- Pantothenic acid,
- Chromium (GTF),
- Organic Broccoli,
- Green Tea Leaf,
- Organic Kale Leaf,
- Organic Schisandra Fruit,
- Wild Blueberry,
- Vegetable Lubricant,
- Plant Cellulose,
The usual recommended dose is two tablets daily. It may be taken anytime throughout the day, even on an empty stomach.
One A Day Women’s 50+
This popular vitamin from the pharmacy takes it with its specific formula for age, quality of ingredients, and the park’s price. It is ideal for women who want to eat all the nutrients in a pill. This tablet has the B-6 that women over 50 need to maintain a healthy immune system and increase calcium to promote bone health and protect against osteoporosis. It is one of the best multivitamins for women over 50.
It helps support healthy brain function with B vitamins and supports bone, joint, heart, eye, immune, and physical energy by helping convert food to fuel. It is one of the best multivitamins for women’s health.
- Free of gluten, wheat, soy allergens, dairy, and artificial sweeteners
- 100% Daily Value of 15 essential nutrients that support your overall well-being.
- Easy to take a daily tablet
- Not expensive like other competitors
The usual recommended dose for Women over 50 is one tablet daily with food.
Enzymedica Enzyme Nutrition Women’s 50 Plus Multi-Vitamin
Enzymedica nutrition for women over 50 contains enzymes activated by enzymes as part of a complete food matrix and specializes in women’s needs over 50.
Each ingredient is grown to maintain the maximum potency of enzymes in the structure of the food. Additional enzymes in the Thera mixture improve the use of vitamins, minerals, superfoods, and herbal products. The improved combination maximizes the ability to support the heart, brain, and bones’ health and provides daily antioxidant support.
- Specialized for Women over 50
- Contains Powerful Antioxidants
- No artificial color or flavor
- Promotes Longevity
- Supports Bone, Brain, Hormone & Heart Health
- Best enzyme formula to aid with digestion
- Vitamin A,
- Vitamin C,
- Vitamin D3,
- Vitamin E,
- Vitamin K,
- Vitamin B6,
- Vitamin B12,
- Pantothenic acid,
- Along with other ingredients (Check on the official page)
The recommended dose is two capsules twice daily for best results. If you wish, you can take four pills at any time of the day, even on an empty stomach.
Rainbow Light – 50+
Rainbow Light is one of the best multivitamins for women over 50. It is for people over 50 and provides everything a mature body needs daily to thrive. With a vitality mixture full of plant concentrates for natural energy, a combination of probiotics for healthy digestion, and vitamin D3 for calcium intake, this easy-to-swallow pill is an excellent supplement for every morning.
- Vitamins and minerals support the immune system,
- Best for heart, skin, eye, bone, and prostate health.
- Contains NO gluten, wheat, milk, tree nuts, peanuts, eggs, fish, or shellfish.
- Easy to swallow tablets
Take three tablets per day in combination or separate. It can be used with or without food.
Healthycell Natural Anti Aging Multivitamin
If you are a woman over 50 who still wants to lessen the effects of aging on her outdoor beauty, the Healthycell supplement can be helpful to your routine.
This exclusive multi is available in the AM and PM formulas to work with your body’s natural cycle and promote wellness 24 hours a day. It contains a potent antioxidant mixture that mimics cellular damage (a critical part of any anti-aging program), and additional probiotics and enzymes help increase nutrient absorption.
- Tested for purity
- Support brain, bone, eye, skin, immune, and heart health
- No Gluten, No Soy,
- Without Iron,
- No Dairy, No Egg, No Peanuts, No Tree Nuts, No Wheat, No Shellfish,
- No artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors.
Take two (2) tablets for breakfast and two (2) tablets for dinner or before bedtime with a snack. As with any new lifestyle change, you may have time to adapt to HealthyCell. Remember that your chronobiology (bi-rhythmic mechanics from day to night) adapts to the new formula.
Verdict—Best Multivitamins & Supplements For Women
If you decide to take a multivitamin, look for one containing critical nutrients for women over 40, 50, and 60 in equal quantities or near the recommended daily dose. For minerals like calcium and magnesium, you may need to consider taking a separate supplement if your doctor recommends it.
So, which one is the best vitamin for women over 40 and 50, and which do I recommend?
Here is the verdict:
- GenF20 Plus—If you are looking for something that can reverse your signs of aging like wrinkles, crowfeet, reduced stamina, or low libido, then you should try GenF20 Plus. This supplement is an all-rounder for restoring your youth. You can get this supplement with the 67 days money-back guarantee, which makes sure that if it didn’t work for you, return it and get your money back.
- MegaFood Women over 40 and 50 One daily– because this supplement has more than 400 positive customer reviews. MegaFood Women Over 40 One Daily multivitamins are made from whole foods. They contain the right amount of iron and B vitamins that forty-year-old women need to maintain their energy levels and hormonal balance.
You can buy this multivitamin if you agree and okay if you do not agree – in which case you can consider one of the remaining nine best multivitamins for women over 50 and over 40.
- MiamiMD Products: Ingredients, Pros and Cons, Side Effects
- 10 Best Protein Supplement For Muscle Gain
- 5 Best supplements For Memory, Focus, and Concentration
- 10 best magnesium supplements for anxiety and sleep
- 1st Phorm Supplements: Ingredients, Side Effects, Pros and Cons