In this Elvie Breast Pump Review, we’re taking an in-depth look into this pump to establish what customers can and cannot expect.
Are you a breastfeeding mom looking for a discreet, wearable, cordless, and tubless breast pump that can fit inside the nursing bra? Elvie might be the answer to your question.
In this detailed Elvie breast pump review, you will learn more about the Elvie pump, its pros, and cons, verified customer Elvie breast pump reviews, and many more.
Elvie breast pump is claimed to be the world’s first silent, wearable, cordless, and tubeless breast pump available on the market.
However, specific questions popped into our minds while we looked at the Elvie’s claims.
Does Elvie work, and Is it worth the price?
In this Elvie breast pump review, we will look at what the company claims and what we think about it, its pros and cons, what other people think about this product, what we believe, and many more.
Keep in mind that this Elvie pump review is based on our honest opinion and hours of research on this product. We also want to tell our readers that statements on DrugsBank are fairly comments based on observation.
Let’s first have a quick overview of the product and then we will add an indepth guide about the pump.
Elvie Breast Pump Review (Quick) Company Name: Elvie Best Actual Price: 279$ for a single and 499$ for a double pump Best Place To Buy: Amazon Amazon Rating: 4.1/5 (May change with time) Total Ratings: 1544 My Rating: 9/10
Elvie Breast Pump Review (Quick)
Company Name: Elvie
Best Actual Price: 279$ for a single and 499$ for a double pump
Best Place To Buy: Amazon
Amazon Rating: 4.1/5 (May change with time)
Total Ratings: 1544
My Rating: 9/10
For the Elvie Breast Pump review, we looked at many Elvie breast pump reviews, talked to consumers, and looked at specifications.
Let’s have a closer look.
Elvie Breast Pump Review (Full)
Elvie is a flagship and one of the very few wearables, handsfree, cordless, silent, and smart breast pumps available on the market.
Currently, The Elvie and Willow are the only breast pumps on the market that are wearable and allow you to pump with total freedom.
It’s wearable, and silent so you can use it anywhere— while carrying your infant around in your car seat, in the workplace, or while putting your toddler to bed.
It’s handsfree so put it in your bra, and you can pump while in your office, and no one would know—again, you can comfortably use it anywhere.
The product is designed and headed by Tania Boler, whose goal is to improve women’s lives through modern technology.
The Elvie double breast pump is available on the official site and Amazon, and the price of this product is around $500— This hefty price tag is not justifiable.
What do you get with Elvie?
You will get the hub with bottles, two different size breast shields, spouts sealed storage, lids bra, a USB charging cable, and carry bags. Both sides of the hub are battery-powered, and the charge lasts for two to three pumping sessions, so you have to charge it once daily. The app shows you the percentage you have left on the battery when you’re pumping, which is helpful.
It does come with a standard size 24-millimeter breast shield and a 28-millimeter breast shield in the box. They make a smaller one as well that you can purchase separately.
The Elvie breast pump app is BlueTooth connected and gives you access to the Pump smart features like remote control, live milk monitoring, and session history. You can also use the pump without a phone, which may help you do something else, and you don’t want to be continually monitoring your pump app.
Elvie Pump Benefits
Here is why most people love this pump?
- The Elvie breast pump design is very portable, and it is one of the smallest, lightest and quietest breast pump available on the market. It can be easily fit inside your bra, and these features make it very easy to use, whether you are at home or in the office.
- This pump is super silent: The first thing about this breast pump is that it is hushed, and this feature allows you to pump anywhere and any time of the day.
Simple & easy to clean
- This breast pump has only five parts, and it is effortless to set up and very easy to clean. It takes a few seconds to assemble it, and there is no cord or wire so that you can use it hassle-free.
- This wearable breast pump comes with an app that can connect your pump with a smartphone device. This app will monitor your milk volume in real-time; it will also track each breast’s pumping history and control it remotely.
A sensor in the bottle
- An infrared (IR) energy sensor monitors the milk volume in the bottle. The sensor detects when the milk container is full and stops pumping automatically.
Auto shut off
- This breast pump has a unique feature that pauses when the bottle fills out and automatically starts when it detects a letdown.
- This Pump is BPA Free and food safe washable components. Also, the pump comes with two different sizes of breast shields to help you figure out what’s best for you.
- They offer two years of warranty on the Elvie pump hub and 90 days on all washable components of this pump.
Comparison of Elvie Vs Willow Breast Pump
If you compare these models, there is very little difference between these pumps. The difference is in the storage containers; the Elvie can hold 5 oz of milk while Willow’s breast pump can hold up to 4 OZ of milk.
Other than this, they both are wireless, handsfree models and have the same price tag, but the Willow allows you to pump while laying down.
While if you compare Elvie Vs Spectra, then this is an entirely different thing. The Spectra is a conventional breast pump with a powerful machine, a tubing system, a storage bag, and a charging cable.
The Spectra can’t be used outside because of the design of this pump. It is not a wireless and tubeless pump.
You can read our comparison review of the Elive Vs Willow Breast Pump.
Elvie Willow Storage Capacity Storage Capacity Available Sizes Available Sizes Warranty Warranty Convenience Convenience Customer Reviews Total Ratings: 1500+ Customer Reviews Total Ratings: 1
5 oz (150 ml) bottles
4 oz (120 ml) bottles
21mm, 24mm, and 28mm
21mm, 24mm, and 28mm
Two years on pump; 90 days on pump parts
One year on pump; 90 days on pump parts
Portable, Easy to clean and use, Wireless, discreet
Portable, Easy to clean and use, Wireless, discreet
Total Ratings: 1500+
Total Ratings: 1
Elvie Pump Review (Pros & Cons)
While testing this pump, we found some excellent and positive points, and to be honest, there are some flaws and drawbacks to this pump. So let’s take a look at some pros and cons of Elvie breast pump.
Customers Elvie Breast Pump Reviews
So what other people think about this product?
Most women who use the Elvie pump love it, mostly because they are hands-free and wearable compared to other pumps.
Let’s have a deep look at some of the customer’s reviews about Elvie.
The total Elvie Pump reviews on Amazon were more than 1900, and most customers were happy with the product.
Out of 1900 total ratings, the product has got 4.1/5 star ratings. This means that Elvie has something that attracts customers.
Positive Elvie Breast Pump Reviews
One customer praised the pump, and according to her, this pump has made her life much more comfortable.
- For some people, the portability of this pump makes it well worth the money.
- While for others, it is great for convenience but won’t replace spectra.
- Also, some people say the product works fantastic but is expensive.
Negative Elvie Breast Pump Reviews
Most of the negative reviews about Elvie Pump were complaints about product cost and its battery life.
- For others, the pump is not as powerful as other conventional models, but the sleek design, ease of use, and portability make it one of the best breast pumps.
- Some people criticized the company’s customer service and pump suction power.
There are other positive and negative Elvie breast pump reviews as well. You can check it on Amazon and many other online forums.
If you look at the Elvie pump reviews on Trustpilot you will see a different scenario. Most of the customers were not satisfy with the product and the pump has got 3.3/5 ratings.
- For most people it works great and the customer service is amazing.
- While for other its a total waste of money and unreliable brand.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does the Elvie pump work?
In this Elvie pump review, we tested this product with a young and energetic mom, “Alexa,” for several months. According to her, this breast pump works perfectly without causing any problem. Yes, I accept that the suction is not that strong like other pumps, but at the same time, it offers you the portability, lightweight, easy to clean, and most compact pump.
Does the Elvie pump leak?
According to one reviewer on Amazon— she noticed a very minimal leaking around shields, slightly annoying, but not a deal-breaker. You can contact the company if you face a leakage problem.
Is the Elvie Breast Pump worth the money?
The Elvie single breast pump is available on Amazon at 279 $, while the double Elvie breast pump is 499$. Let’s face it; it’s valuable. But for what it’s claiming to do, I think it’s worth the money.
So—If this is within your budget, I recommend a double Elvie pump for practical reasons. However, a single pump is quick and efficient, with which you can get away by switching to the side to pump both breasts.
Bottom Line- Elvie Breast Pump Review
If you are looking for a portable and lightweight breast pump that can easily fit inside your nursing bra, then Elvie Breast Pump is the ideal choice for you. It allows you to pump anywhere.
However, the downside is that it’s not particularly powerful or fast, and the app is a bit smaller. So—If speed and performance are paramount, check this list of best breast pumps.
You can also read our comparison review among Willow Vs Elvie Vs Freemie Breast Pumps⇐here