In this Elvie Breast Pump Review, we’re taking an in-depth look into this pump to establish exactly what customers can and cannot expect from it.
Elvie breast pump is claimed to be the world’s first silent, wearable, cordless, and tubeless breast pump available on the market.
A single Elvie breast pump can cost you around 279$ and if you want to buy a double pump you will get a discount of 60$. (Elvie double breast pump can cost you 500$.)
This means that It is quite expensive.
But the question is…does it work and Is it worth the price?
In this Elvie breast pump review, we will take a look at what the company claims and what we think about it, what are its pros and cons, what other people think about this product, what we think and many more.
Keep in mind that this Elvie pump review is based on our honest opinion and hours of research on this product. We also want to tell our readers that statements on DrugsBank are fair comment based on observation
So let take a deeper look…!!
Elvie improves women’s lives with improved technology. The company is determined to speak openly about women’s bodies so that they can give them the product they deserve. Equipped with real insights for women and world-class design skills, they are working to change the way women think and feel about themselves.
Elvie Breast Pump Review (Quick)
Elvie is a wearable, hands-free, wireless, tubeless, and incredibly quiet breast pump that can be used anywhere and at any time of the day.
- Company: Elvie
- Best Actual Price: 279$ for a single and 499$ for a double pump
- Best Place to Buy: Probably Amazon
- Amazon Ratings: 3.9/5 (Note: It may change with time)
- My Rating: 9/10
For the ElvieBreast Pump review, we looked at a lot of Elvie breast pump reviews, talked to consumers, and looked at specifications. Let’s take a closer look.
Elvie Breast Pump Review (Full)
What You get with Elvie
You will get the hub with bottles, two different size breast shields, spouts sealed storage, lids bra, a USB charging cable, and carry bags. Both sides of the hub are battery-powered. The charge lasts for two to three pumping sessions so you have to charge it once daily. The app shows you the percentage you have left on the battery when you’re pumping which is really helpful.
It does come with a standard size 24-millimeter breast shield and a 28-millimeter breast shield in the box. They make a smaller one as well that you can purchase separately.
The Elvie breast pump app is Bluetooth connected and gives you access to the pump smart features like remote control, live milk monitoring, and session history. You can also use the pump without a phone which may be helpful if you’re doing something else and don’t want to be constantly monitoring your pump app.
Here is why most of the people love this pump?
- Wearable: The design of Elvie breast pump is very portable and it is one of the smallest, lightest and quietest breast pump available on the market. It can be easily fit inside your bra and these features make it very easy to use whether you are at home or in the office.
- Silent: This Pump is super silent: The first thing about this breast pump is that it is very silent and this feature gives you an opportunity to pump anywhere and any time of the day.
- Simple & Easy to clean: This breast pump has only 5 parts and it is very easy to set up and also very easy to clean. It takes a few seconds to assemble it and there is no cord or wire so you can use it hassle-free.
- Breast Sheilds: The pump comes with two different sizes of breast shields to help you figure out what’s best for you.
- Elvie App: This wearable breast pump comes with an app that can connect your pump with a smartphone device. This app will monitor your milk volume in real-time, It also will track pumping history for each breast and controls the pump remotely.
- A sensor in the bottle: There is an Infrared (IR) energy sensor that monitors the volume of milk in the bottle. The sensor detects when the milk container is full and stops pumping automatically.
- Auto shut off: This breast pump has a very unique feature that pauses when the bottle fills out and starts again automatically when it detects a letdown.
- Safety: This pump is a BPA Free and food safe washable components.
- Warranty: They offer 2 years of warranty on the hub of the Elvie pump and 90 days on all washable components of this pump.
Elvie Pump Review (Pros & Cons)
While testing this pump we found some very good and positive points and to be honest there are some flaws and negative to this pump. so let’s take a look at some pros and cons of Elvie breast pump.
- Very compact, sleek and easy to clean
- When compared to other pumps is really quiet. Small pumping sounds very noticeable.
- You can use it anywhere as it is very small and lightweight
- Parts easy to assemble
- Extract more milk in less time
- The app sends notifications to your smartphone about milk extraction, bottle filling, etc
- It comes with two chargers and extra parts
- Overall it’s very comfortable
- The suction was not very strong
- The app doesn’t tell you how much milk you have already extracted
- Minimal leakage but not a deal-breaker
- The battery lasts for 2-3 sessions so I think it could be better.
- The carrying case is not that sturdy.
- The notification sound is noticeable
Elvie Breast Pump Reviews (Customers)
So what other people think about this product?
Most women who use Elvie pump really love it, especially because they are so “free” compared to other pumps. Let’s take a look at some of the customer’s reviews about Elvie.
Positive Elvie Breast Pump Reviews
One customer praised the pump and according to her, this pump has made her life much easier.
Negative Elvie Breast Pump Reviews
Most of the negative reviews about Elvie Pump were complaints about product cost and the battery life of the pump.
For others, the pump is not as powerful as other conventional models but the sleek design, ease of use, and portability makes it one of the best breasts pumps on the market.
There are other positive and negative Elvie breast pump reviews as well. You can check it on Amazon and many other online forums.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does the Elvie pump work?
In this Elvie pump review, we tested this product with a young and energetic mom “Alexa” for several months. According to her; this breast pump works perfectly without causing any problem. Yes, I accept that the suction is not that strong like other pumps but at the same time, it offers you the portability, lightweight, easy to clean, and most compact pump.
Does the Elvie pump leak?
According to one reviewer on Amazon- she noticed a very minimal leaking around shields, slightly annoying, but definitely not a deal-breaker. You can contact the company if you face the leakage problem.
Is The Elvie Breast Pump Worth The Money?
The Elvie single breast pump is available on Amazon at 279 $ while the double Elvie breast pump is 499$. Let’s face it, it’s valuable. But for what it’s claiming to do, I think it’s totally worth the money. If this is within your budget, I recommend a double Elvie pump for practical reasons. However, a single pump is quick and efficient, with which you can get away by switching to the side to pump both breasts.
What do we like about this Elvie pump review?
- Discretion: You can use it publicly, at work, or at lunch or anywhere. The ability to pump milk in front of people is revolutionary because Elvie can store 5 ounces of milk.
- Mobility: The second main reason women love Elvie breast pump so much is that it allows them to maintain a degree of freedom while pumping. You can run around, have lunch, work at your desk, drive or walk your dog – that’s all great.
- Handsfree and wearable: This feature makes it different from other competitors. You don’t need to hold your pump in your hand. Just place it inside your bra and you are ready to pump.
- Sleek Design: This is one of the sleekest and beautiful breast pump and that’s the reason we love it.
- Lightweight and Portable: The weight of this pump is 226 grams and is one of the lightweight breast pumps.