If you are looking for the best breast pumps for working moms or for traveling, this post is especially for you, as we have compiled a list of best breast pumps available on the market.
Most moms are so overwhelmed after having their babies and they wanted to make sure they look after their babies in the best possible way. When it comes to feeding, it’s an undeniable fact that breastmilk is the best food for a child and no formula food can be its true alternative. The World Health Organization (WHO) also recommends breastfeeding in the first six months after birth.
However, sometimes children cannot drink breast milk, perhaps because they are sick or if they were born too early and too weak to suck milk.
Also, If you are a working mom who just cannot be available for your baby to feed them yourselves all the time? Or you find round the clock duty of feeding your baby so tiresome and difficult to fulfill? Well if that’s the case, it doesn’t mean that your baby should go on formula milk. You can still live your life with ease and make sure that your baby gets that beautiful natural food all the time.
Breast pumps have been helping moms for years now and ensure that the baby has a good stock of milk available all the time. You can do work or have nannies look after your loved ones and they will still have breastmilk. That’s amazing, isn’t it?
But the problem is it is hard to select a breast pump that is best suited for your needs by just going to the pharmacy and buying one. There are hundreds of different options available on the markets and moms need to carefully select the ones that will serve their purpose the best. That’s why we did a great deal of research ourselves and are presenting a list of these wonderful devices that will not only ease your life but also ensure that your babies get your milk even when you are not around. We know that breast pumps are expensive and you wouldn’t want to waste money on useless products. So have a look and choose the best ones.
10 Best Breast Pumps Brands Reviews
Here is a list of best breast pumps for working moms, travel and others who are breastfeeding their child. These are some of the best breast pump brands available on the market.
1. Spectra Baby Electric Breast Pump
The Spectra S1 double breast pump is the one that regularly receives good reviews and is recognized as a market leader. However, as a hospital pump, it is also very expensive, which means that it could be beyond the reach of many working mothers.
If you can afford it, you will get an excellent device with a closed system, which prevents bacteria from entering breast milk. It is nice and the best portable breast pump. It also comes with a rechargeable battery, which means you can use it anywhere.
Spectra is no doubt one of the Best Breast Pumps for working moms because of modern technology, and the ease of use.
- Customizable parameters: each mother can customize the parameters of her pump according to the response of her body and follow her flow to find her best parameters with the fully adjustable suction of the S1.
- Closed System: This breast pump has a closed system so no worry about cleaning the tubes because this system keeps the tubes dry and prevents the air to enter into the tubes and expressed milk. It protects the expressed milk and the baby from germs, bacteria, and viruses.
- Suctions Level: This breast pump has 12 different suction levels
- Two in One: This pump can be used as a single or dual pump.
- What’s included? This pack includes a Spectra S1 hospital grade double/single breast pump, a detachable power cord prongs, A 12 volt AC power adapter, 2 Spectra wide neck bottle, 2 Spectra duckbill valve, 2 Spectra backflow protector, 2 Spectra tubing, 4 flanges (2-24mm & 2-28mm).
- Auto shut-off: The best feature in this breast pump is that they turn off automatically when it completes the milk expression, that’s why you can use it while in work or sleeping.
- Night light & LED display: The light in this pump can be easily seen in the dark night and allows you to easily pump at any hour. It provides visibility and precision with every session.
- Adjustable Suction Levels: There are 12 different pumping levels. Adjustable suctions provide a more natural flow of milk.
The following are some of the pros and cons of the Spectra S1 breast pump.
- This pump uses a closed system which is more secure and germ-free
- This breast pump is super quiet that is why it is the best breast pump for working moms.
- Best for moms of twins
- The double electric pump extracts milk quicker
- Nightlight is pretty clean and has 2 levels
- There is a massage feature when expressing milk which makes pumping very comfortable
- The pump needs a long time to fully charge
- No carrying case provided with the unit
- The night light feature may drain your battery if you use it too often.
2. Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump
(For working moms)
This is the all-in-one double electric and the best breast pump for working moms. It comes with a carrying case, a removable insulating bag and a handful of other things that you need to pump out. The bag can contain up to 4 bottles. These bottles have caps therefore, pouring precious milk will not be a problem.
You also get a battery, but the 8 AA batteries must be purchased separately. This pump uses a two-stage expression technology, which is the escape mode and the expressed modes.
The speed and suction force are also adjustable. However, there are some disadvantages. The engine is not so quiet and as it is embedded in the bag, it cannot be removed. As Medela uses an open system, there are many complaints about the condensation that accumulates in the tube.
- Double electric breast pump: 2 phase expression technology produce more milk in less time. It is designed for moms who express milk several times a day.
- Portable: Pump in Style is an electric breast pump designed for practical double pumping where and when you need it, whether at home or on the road, at work or on the go. It is Ideally integrated into its discreet tote bag and equipped with a portable battery.
- Customizable Settings: Adjustable speed and single button vacuum with a touch button and 2 PersonalFit breast protection shields allow you to improve your pumping experience.
- Removable cooler bag: The removable cooler bag contains a molded ice pack and 4 bottles to help your milk stay cool when you are away from the child or home.
- Stylish bag: It comes with a bag and a built-in pump holds. It also includes a built-in bottle holder to help prevent spills and tubing storage pocket to keep you organized between pumping sessions.
- It is easy to use and the best portable breast pump.
- Portable and convenient
- Safe for your baby as it is BPA free
- It is the #1 Physician recommended breast pump for working moms, travel and others.
- Two-phase expression technology
- A battery pack lets you pump anywhere and anytime.
- More reliable pumping motor.
- It is a better-known brand so you can easily find just about any replacement item you need.
- If you are using this pump in the car you will need adaptor because of battery
3. Medela Sonata Smart Double Electric Breast Pump
The Medela latest Sonata Smart dual electric breast pump offers hospital-grade performance and mobility. Thanks to a rechargeable battery, making it one of the best electric breast pumps. With adjustable speeds and presets, you can easily find the right settings for you.
Sonata is a double electric breast pump for mothers who breastfeed several times a day. It comes with a rechargeable breast pump built with reactive technology for highly optimized pumping, convenient and efficient anywhere
It is easy to use and easy to clean. The touch screen, touch button, and controlled lighting allow mothers to use Sonata quickly and easily.
- Smartphone App: This modern breast pump comes with a smartphone app that allows you to connect and track your performance. Also, it gives you access to there online resources of breastfeeding.
- Ultra-quiet: This breast pump allows for discreet pumping anywhere as it is one of the quietest pumps on the market.
- Touch screen display and rechargeable battery: This breast pumps also feature a touch screen display and a battery that be used to conveniently pump anywhere, and anytime.
- Double Electric Breast Pump: This pump is designed for mothers who pump several times a day with a 2 phase expression technology that allows you to pump more milk in less time.
- Closed System: The closed system used in this pump prevents milk from entering the tubing & motor.
- Beautiful and portable design
- Hospital-grade breast pump.
- Quieter than most other pumps on the market
- Most comfortable and portable
- The battery only lasts about 3-4 pumps (Less than the spectra)
- There is unnecessary beep but this not very loud.
4. Elvie Double Electric Breast Pump
(Best Hands free Breast Pump)
This is one of the best electric breast pumps with an application for smartphones. This double electric breast pump is ideal for hands-free expression at home, at work or on the road.
The revolutionary technology used in this pump eliminates noise so you can pump safely, anytime, anywhere.
Elvie breast pumps are small and light enough to fit the breastfeeding bra, so you can always pump milk everywhere. These characteristics make it one of the best portable breast pumps for moms who travel and work.
- Smartphone app: This pump uses an app so that you can connect it with your smartphone. The rechargeable electric breast pump can be attached to a free Elvie app for added features that makes pumping easier than ever.
- Lightweight: You can use it anywhere and anytime because of its lightweight and smaller size. This feature makes it one of the best breast pumps for working moms and also for traveling.
- Wearable: It is the best wearable breast pump and can fit inside your bra. You can easily place it inside your nursing bra and that is why it is the best handsfree breast pump.
- Silent: This pump uses new technology to eliminate noise. That’s why you can use it anywhere and anytime.
- Simple, portable and easy to use
- Wearable and Hands free breast pump
- Quiet and silent
- Easy to assemble and easy to clean
- Can be worn on the go while doing your day to day work
- Can express more milk in less time
- The app sends you notifications when your bottle is getting full.
- Battery life and charging could be better.
- Some customers complain of the small leakage from the breast shield.
You can read a full Elvie breast pump review
5. Bellababy Pocket double electric breast pump
Bellababy Pocket Milk Pump, designed to rid the hands of mothers and change their lives.
Just hang the little machine around your neck and put on a blower bra so you can surround yourself.
You can use this best portable breast pump as you do your homework, cook, and make-up.
Bellababy Double Pocket Electric Breast Pump Comes with some pockets, adapters for bags, wire changers, cables.
It is also supplied with adjustable pumping speed from 80 mmHg to 300 mmHg, pacing mode and pumping mode.
- Super Tiny Pump: Incredible small machine but with extraordinary suction from 1 ~ 9 level, 80 ~ 300 mm Hg.
- Easy to operate: Easy triggering and pumping methods, very easy to use. Adjustable suction from 80 mmHg to 300 mmHg, with stimulation mode and pumping mode.
- Modes: There are two modes, one fast mode, and one slow mode. First, it only reaches 5 and the other goes up to 9. If you need strong suction, adjust the second mode.
- What’s inside: Come with milk storage bags, bag adapters, bottle changers so that mothers can breastfeed their babies easily.
- Beautiful design
- Powerful motor
- Small and Portable pump
- This pump has good battery life.
- It comes with silicone inserts that make it comfortable
- The auto mode and the button sensitivity can be improved but overall this is the best breast pump available on the market.
6. BabyBuddha Portable Electric Breast Pump
This powerful device is designed for mothers who pump all day. This is the Lightweight, equipped with a rechargeable battery, and the best portable breast pump, it can pump even when there’s no outlet in sight.
It is a breast pump with a high definition touch screen and with high suction power. It comes with 2 pcs of milk storage bag adapters and 10 pcs of the storage bag, moms can express to the milk storage bags directly by the adapters.
This breast pump is designed with multiple power settings for customizable comfort.
The following features make it one of the best breast pumps for working moms
- Silent: This breast pump uses a modern technology that minimizes the noise so that you can express milk without waking up.
- Portability: The babybuddha breast pump is one of the portable and compact devices. It is not like other competitors that are bulky and heavier. This feature makes it easy to transport and the best handsfree breast pump.
- Closed System: This breast pump uses a closed system to ensure that milk does not flow backward and is contaminated. It is also BPA-free to maintain the integrity of the exposed milk.
- Easy to use: There are no complicated checks. Simply navigate between stimulation and suction modes using the trackball on the breast pump.
- FDA Approval: This device is cleared by the FDA and CPSC as per manufacturers.
- Built-in battery for outdoor use
- Hygienic design (Easy to clean)
- Suction is better than many other competitors
- Extra quiet operation
- Pain-free and comfortable
- It’s light and will not hurt your neck
- The bottles are small
- The Flange size is (24mm) which may be a problem for some people.
7. Philips Avent Manual Comfort Breast Pump
This is a manual breast pump option for mothers who want something small, easy to use and lightweight. The advantage of the Philips Avent pump is that it comes with the company’s natural bottle and nipple. This nipple and bottle are designed to mimic the shape and feel of a breast so your baby can easily switch from breast to bottle. These features make it one of the best breast pumps for working moms and other breastfeeding moms.
The harness is equipped with a massage cushion for maximum comfort and to stimulate the flow of milk. The pump is designed so that you can pump up the milk to stay comfortable and relaxed. It is very easy to clean. Also included is a carrying bag, a locking disc for storage and 2 packs of breast padding. It is loud though; The handle makes a scream when pumping. The bottle contains only 4 ounces. So if you have more milk, you need more bottles.
- Lightweight: The Compact and lightweight design of the pump body makes it easy to hold and position on your breast.
- Comfortable: This breast pump is more comfortable due to its unique design. This pump is designed with comfort just sit comfortably without leaning forward.
- Massage cushion: This pump uses Soft, textured massage cushion which helps stimulate milk flow.
- Easy to use: This manual breast pump is designed in a few parts that are easy to assemble and also easy to clean.
- Comes with Natural bottle and nipple
- Made up of Plastic but It is Bisphenol A (BPA) Free.
- Small, discreet and lightweight
- Perfect for traveling and working moms
- Suction power is not so good
- Noisy while pumping
8. Lansinoh Smart Pump, Double Electric Breast Pump
With 3 pumping styles and 8 suction levels to adapt to the child’s eating habits and maximize comfort and milk production. With the Lansinoh breast pump, you can pump directly into pre-sterilized Lansinoh breast milk storage bags to save time and breast milk.
If you want to shoot or work regularly, a double electric breast pump from Lansinoh is the best option to maintain your milk supply. Look for breast pumps that improve comfort, adjust suction and speed settings, and provide a closed system.
- Sterile pump: Lansinoh breast pumps allow you to pump milk directly to a pre-sterilized Lansinoh breast milk storage bags for convenient, hygienic extraction that saves time and breast milk.
- Soft and Flexible: One of the best breast pumps for working moms because of it’s soft and flexible rims
- Closed system: This pump used a closed system technology that prevents the growth of mold & bacteria.
- Smartphone app: It comes with built-in Bluetooth and a smartphone app that allows you to track your breastfeeding sessions.
- Comfortable Pump: It is comfortable, convenient, efficient and easy to use. This double electric breast pump has 3 pumping styles & 8 suction levels to match baby’s feeding patterns & maximize comfort & milk production.
- The suction power is great
- Easy to wash
- The cups with the rubber on the end make it more comfortable than the competitors
- Compact and easy to carry
- This pump is louder than the spectra
- No stand to place the bottles
9. PiAEK Electric Breast Pump
This compact pump uses three-phase pressure technology to pump milk and some of its increasingly large competitors. And with just a few pieces to clean, don’t waste too much precious time in the sink after each session.
It comes with a USB charger and a built-in high capacity lithium battery. A full charge lasts approximately 1.5 hours and can be used 3 to 4 times.
There are three modes: massage, aspiration, bionics. It also includes two tubes: double and single, which offer more options for new mothers.
Easy to clean and each component can be assembled and disassembled easily. With the exception of the electrical parts, all other removable parts are dishwasher safe. This product has a 12-month warranty.
In short, this popular breast pump is for mothers who want to use a breast pump every day. It is one of the best breast pumps for working moms. If you don’t want to spend a lot of time pumping, this is the ideal solution.
- 3 Phases expression technology: This pump uses a 3 phases technology that expresses more milk in less time. Phase 1 is the massage for fast and efficient milk flow, while the phase 2 is for the expression of milk and the phase 3 is a bionic (same as a baby natural sucking).
- Easy to assemble: This pump is made up of a few parts that make it easy to assemble and wash. You can express milk directly in bottles.
- Portable and lightweight
- Bilateral & Unilateral tube
- More milk in less time
- Easy to Assemble and Clean
- Not expensive
- The suction is not very strong as per customer review
10. Medela Symphony Breast Pump
(Best Brand Breast Pump)
The Medela Symphony breast pump is a hospital breast pump, equipped with the innovative 2-stage expression technology. It was developed to closely model breastfeeding patterns and rhythms for a child and to help mothers effectively start and maintain their breast milk consumption. Symphony is a double breast pump with a unique design with two separate membrane units, which allows an easy and convenient change between single and double pumps, depending on the mother’s preference.
Thanks to the simple one-touch button, mothers can quickly return to the stimulation phase during pumping. Symphony promotes the onset and maintenance of breast milk intake, even in situations where direct breastfeeding is not possible or in the absence of the baby. Although it is a hospital breast pump, Symphony and its parts are easy to clean, so you can comfortably feed your small breast milk for as long as you want.
- Two-stage expression technology: The biggest strength of Medela’s Symphony Breast Pump is its unique 2-step expression technology.
- Portability: As with most hospital breast pumps, the size of Medela’s Symphony Breast Pump makes it almost impossible to travel. The breast pump is bulky and weighs 7.9 pounds.
- Suction: The Medela Symphony breast pump offers incredible suction power. Once you become accustomed to the sheer speed with which this breast pump is able to express milk, it will be difficult to get used to the normal electric breast pump once again.
- Comfortable and convenient
- Use Phase Expression Technology
- Efficient and quiet
- Long-lasting and hospital grade breast pump
- Expensive but worth the money
So, which one is the best breast pump to my knowledge and which I recommend?
Here is the verdict:
- Spectra Electric Breast Pump– because it is one of the best selling brands with 1800+ positive customer reviews. Other than this It is a small and lightweight breast pump with modern technology and is the best portable breast pump. It also has some pretty awesome features. For me, this is one of the best breast pumps for working moms and other people.
You can buy this product if you agree and totally fine if you do not agree – in which case you can consider one of the remaining 9 best breast pumps.
How to Store expressed breast milk?
According to CDC guidelines, Breast milk extracted or pumped is considered safe for up to 4 hours if stored at room temperature (25 ° C / 77 ° F or below) and up to 4 days if stored in the refrigerator at 4° C. If stored in a freezer ((-17.8 ° C / 0 ° F or lower), it can be used up to 6 months or up to 12 months (acceptable).
What should you look for when choosing a breast pump before starting work again?
Things to consider before buying a breast pump for a working mom
So what are some things to look for when selecting a pump before returning to work?
- Lightweight: pulling a huge bomb is not fun and can be very boring. so always choose a breast pump that is lightweight and easy to carry.
- Pump strength: A powerful pump is needed to pump enough milk for a limited period of time.
- Portability: if you have to pump on the road or if you do not have access to an outlet, you need a pump that works with the batteries.
- Double electric pump: although it is possible to pump with a single pump or even a manual pump, it saves time and produces more milk (according to studies) with a double electric pump.
- Accessories: Having the right accessories to complete the pump can make your life easier. Additional elements such as additional pump parts, a pump supply system, a good quality pump, a good coolant, etc. They are all ways to make sure you can easily transport the pump and save time during pumping.
If you buy something through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. Learn How it Works
622 1 28