Norflox TZ is the combination of three active ingredients like Tinidazole, Norfloxacin, and Lactobacillus.
Cipla Ltd manufactures it.
Norflox TZ tablet is used for certain bacterial infections or allergic reactions and belongs to quinolone antibiotics.
You will need a doctor’s prescription for this medicine and you will need to take it with or without food. It’s always recommended to follow your doctor’s instructions.
It’s also important to note that increasing the dose from the recommended dose will not do any good but it may cause some serious side effects.
Also if you miss a dose of Norflox Tz tablet it’s important to take it as soon as you remember and if it is time for another dose leave the missed dose and continue with the old schedule.
- Norfloxacin (400 mg)
- Tinidazole (600 mg)
- Lactobacillus (120Millionspores)
Norfloxacin is a synthetic fluoroquinolones antibiotics that are used in a wide range of bacterial infections. They block the bacterial DNA replication by inhibiting the DNA gyrase enzyme. 
The second one Tinidazole which is an antiprotozoal drug that is used in parasitic and amoebic infections. 
Another ingredient is Lactobacillus that is a type of bacteria and can be used for diarrhea, including infectious diarrhea and diarrhea in people taking antibiotics.
Norflox TZ Uses
Some of the major uses of Norflox Tz tablet are
- Bacterial Infections
- Stomach infection
- Infections of the abdomen
- Urinary tract infections
- Intestinal infections
- Sexually transmitted disease
- Prostate infection
- Skin infections
- Eye and ear infection
- Reproductive organ infection
- Lungs infection
- Gums infection
- Chest infections
- Vaginal or stomach infections
- Womb lining infections
This is not a complete list of uses. Your Doctor may use it for other conditions not listed above.
Norflox TZ Side Effects
Following are some of the side effects associated with the use of the Norflox Tz tablet.
- Abdominal distress
- Abdominal discomfort
- Bitter taste
- Metallic Taste
- Peripheral neuropathy & CNS effects,
Less common side effects are
- Dry mouth
Norfloxacin carries a black box warning that warns doctors and patients of the raised risk of tendinitis and tendon rupture.
Please inform your doctor if you experience any adverse reaction to the medication.
Norflox Tz is contraindicated in the following conditions.
- Neurological disorder
- Blood dyscrasias
- Decreased neutrophils
- The first trimester of pregnancy
Avoid using Norflox Tz if
- Have muscle weakness.
- Consult your doctor if you observe any increased anxiety, insomnia, or increase in heartbeat or if you suffer any skin allergy.
- Consult your physician if you are on blood-thinning drugs such as warfarin.
- Consult a physician in case of the second and third trimester of pregnancy.
- Do not drink alcohol.
- Do not drive and operate heavy machinery.
- The product contains a fluoroquinolone antibiotic which can bone rupture and tendinitis so use with caution.
Norflox Tz may interact with the following drugs and products. Always ask your doctor before using this medicine with other drugs.
- Ascorbic acid
Norflox TZ Dosage
- The dosage is one tablet twice daily for 5 days.
- You should take it orally with water. Don’t chew, break, or crush before consumption.
- It is advised to use this medicine as directed by your doctor.
- Please consult your doctor for proper advice on the dosage schedule as it depends on various factors.
- Also, the dose is prescribed on the basis of the patient’s condition and the severity of the diseases.
Norflox Tz is not recommended for pregnant women, but only when it is urgently needed, and the benefits are considerable compared to side effects. Ask your doctor before using this medicine.
Norfloxacin is not indicated while breastfeeding. Ask your doctor if you are breastfeeding before using this medicine.
Norflox-TZ Tablet is a combination of three drugs: Tinidazole, Norfloxacin, and Lactobacillus. Together, they effectively treat your infection.
- Tinidazole is an antibiotic that kills bacteria and other infectious microorganisms by damaging the DNA.
- Norfloxacin is also an antibiotic that kills bacteria by preventing them from reproducing and repairing themselves.
- Lactobacillus is a living microorganism that restores the balance of good gut bacteria that can be compromised by using antibiotics or intestinal infections.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Norflox Tz?
It is the combination of three active drugs like Norfloxacin, Tizanidine, and lactobacillus. It is used in different conditions.
2. What is the use of Norflox TZ?
Norflox Tz is most commonly used for the following conditions
- Bacterial Infections
For more, check above
3. what happens if I miss a dose of Norflox Tz?
If you miss a dose, you should take this medicine as soon as possible. You mustn’t miss the pill once a day.
4. What happens if I overdose on Norflox Tz?
In case of the drug’s accidental overdosage, you should immediately consult a doctor to avoid serious consequences.
5. Is the Norflox TZ Tablet safe to use during pregnancy?
No, this product contains three active ingredients. They are contraindicated during pregnancy.
6. Is Norflox Tz Tablet Safe During Breastfeeding?
Norfloxacin and tizanidine are not safe during breastfeeding. Ask your doctor if you are breastfeeding before using this medicine.
7. Should I use Norflox TZ Tablet empty stomach, before food, or after food?
The tablet should be taken by the doctor or a nutritionist in the prescribed amounts. It is recommended to take this medicine with a meal or immediately after a meal.
8. Is it safe to drive or handle heavy machinery when using this product?
If drowsiness, dizziness, hypotension, or headache are side effects of the Norflox Tz Tablet, it may not be safe to operate a vehicle or operate heavy machinery.
9. How to store?
Store medicines at room temperature and away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze drugs unless indicated in the package leaflet. Keep medicines out of the reach of children and pets.
Please do not dispose of the medication in the washroom, and do not dispose of it in the sewer unless invited. Discarded medicines can pollute the environment. Please consult your doctor or pharmacist for more information on safely disposing of the tablet.
10. What happens if you take expired Norflox Tz?
Taking a single dose of this Tablet is unlikely. However, talk to your primary health care provider or pharmacist for advice or to feel bad or bad. The expired drug may become ineffective in the treatment of the prescribed conditions. For safety, it is important not to use expired medicine.