Cyanocobalamin (Brand Name: Vitasprint B12) and hydroxocobalamin (Brand: Redisol-H Macrabin) are complex cobalt-containing compounds present in the diet and referred to as Vitamin B12.
Vitamin B12 Occurs as Water Soluble, thermostable red crystals. It is synthesized in nature only by microorganisms;
Vitamin B12 is a nutrient that helps the body’s nerves and blood cells to be healthy and helps DNA to make the genetic material in all cells.
Vitamin B12 also helps prevent a type of anemia called megaloblastic anemia that makes people tired and weak. It is also considered a “painkiller vitamin”.
Ingredients In Vitasprint B12
- Vitamin B 12…… 250 µg
- Glutamine… …….30 mg
- Phosphonoserin… 20 mg
- Cyanocobalamin: Vitasprint B12 From Pfizer
- Hydroxycobalamin: Redisol-H Macrabin-H 500, 1000 μM; g injection.
Uses of vitamin B12 (Vitasprint B12)
- Megadoses of vitamin B12 have been used in neuropathies, skin sarcoidosis, mental disorders and as a general tonic to relieve fatigue, improve growth.
- It is used in the treatment of vitamin B12 deficiency
- Must be given only if predisposing factors are defined for the development of a deficiency.
- Vitamin B12 is an effective analgesic
- Vitamin B12 is also important for the brain.
- Vitamin B12 improves sleep habits
- Vitamin B12 has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Vitamin B12 has positive effects during pregnancy and lactation.
- Vitamin B12 sources (Vitasprint B12)
Sources of vitamin B12 (Vitasprint B12)
- Kidney, liver, egg yolks, sea fish, cheese, and meat are the main ingredients of vitamin B12.
- The only vegetable source is legumes, which come from the microorganisms.
Vitamin B12 (Vitasprint B12) Deficiency
Vitamin B12 deficiency occurs for the following reasons
- Atrophic gastritis, in which the gastric mucosa has thinned
- Increased Demand During Pregnancy and Childhood.
- Pernicious anemia, which makes the absorption of vitamin B12 difficult
- Immune system disorders such as Graves’ disease or lupus
- Conditions that affect your small intestines, such as Crohn’s disease, celiac disease, bacterial growth or a parasite
- Malabsorption (damaged intestinal mucosa), intestinal resection.
Mechansim Of Action of vitamin B12 (Vitasprint B12)
Vitamin B12 exists in four main forms, collectively referred to as cobalamins; Deoxyadenosylcobalamin, methylcobalamin, hydroxocobalamin, and cyanocobalamin. Two of them, methylcobalamin and 5-deoxyadenosylcobalamin, are mainly used by the body.
Methionine synthase requires methylcobalamin as a cofactor. This enzyme is involved in the conversion of homocysteine to an amino acid to methionine. Methionine is necessary for the methylation of DNA.
5-deoxyadenosyl cobalamin is a cofactor that converts the enzyme L-methylmalonyl-CoA succinyl-CoA. This transformation is an important step in the recovery of energy from proteins and fats. In addition, succinyl CoA is necessary for the production of hemoglobin, the substances that carry oxygen in red blood cells.
Side Effects of vitamin B12 (Vitasprint B12)
Even large doses of vitamin B12 are very safe.However, there are some side effects which should be taken into consideration
- Allergic reactions occurred during injection, probably due to contamination.
- Anaphylactoid reactions (probable sulfite in the formulation) occurred during intravenous injection.
- Nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness, fever may occur.
- Involuntary or uncontrollable movements
- Nervousness and anxiousness
- Orally Vitamin B12 deficiency of dietary origin, 50-150μg of Cyanocobalamin (Vitasprint B12) per day taken between meals. For the child 50-105 μg daily in 1-3 divided doses.
- By intramuscular injection, 1 mg of Cyanocobalamin (Vitasprint B12) initially then repeated 10 times at intervals of 2-3 days to give 1 mg each month.
Direction For Use & Dose
- Open the flap on the lid of the bottle. Then remove the plastic cap. The above red cap contains the active ingredient.
- Press this plug firmly until the white powder falls into the solution.
- Shake the vitasprint bottle and then Open the vial.
- In some very rare cases,It is possible that A small part of the plastic plug breaks and falls into the solution.
- Before drinking, check the solution and transfer to another glass if necessary. Pour the contents of the vial into half a glass of water or undiluted.
- Adults and children over the age of 12 should take the contents of a vial once a day, unless otherwise stated. Take the beverage solution prepared with water diluted or undiluted.
- Usual Dose is One portion Per day.