- Prednisolone is a synthetic steroid With similar Properties to Those of prednisone. it’s used to treat many various conditions like skin conditions, allergic disorders, colitis, lupus, psoriasis, breathing disorders and arthritis.
- Corticosteroids like prednisolone aren’t sometimes prescribed for pregnant women, since there’s some proof that they will cause birth issues like low birth weight, growth problems and problems for the mother, like an increased risk of pre-eclampsia.
- Prednisolone can work on the body in a therapeutic manner within the form of an immunosuppressant and anti-inflammatory agent. primarily, this medication can suppress or block the immune system’s response, which may be good and bad. prednisone additionally produces an anti-inflammatory response, which suggests it’ll stop the body’s inflammation, or swelling, response to shield itself from perceived threats.
- The most common side effects that occur with prednisolone include:losing potassium, holding salt and water, which can lead to high blood pressure,headache,weight gain,muscle weakness,issue sleeping, thinning skin or skin problem, nausea, increased appetence, restlessness whereas serious side effects Include changes in emotions or moods, eye pressure or pain,deposits of fatty tissue on your body, weak, fragile bones (osteoporosis),inflamed pancreas (pancreatitis),severe hypersensitivity, convulsions (seizures), changes in vision, as well as glaucoma, slowed bone growth in youngsters, increased glucose levels in individuals with and without existing diabetes, stomach ulceration or bleeding, low potassium levels And infections.
- Dosage requirements of corticosteroids vary among people and also the diseases being treated. the standard starting dose vary is 5 mg to 60 mg daily depending on the illness being treated. Doses are adjusted based on patient response. In general, all-time low possible effective dose is employed. Corticosteroids given in multiple doses throughout the day are simpler, but also a lot of toxic than alternate-day therapy where twice the daily dose is administered each other morning.