Alfuzosin is an alpha blocker And is employed in men to treat symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia or BP; that include difficulty urinating (hesitation, dribbling, weak stream, and incomplete bladder emptying), painful voiding, and urinary frequency and urgency.
- Alfuzosin is a non-subtype specific alpha(1)-adrenergic medicament that exhibits selectivity for alpha(1)-adrenergic receptors within the lower urinary tract. Inhibition of these adrenoreceptors results in the relaxation of smooth muscle within the bladder neck and prostate, leading to the improvement in urine flow and a reduction in symptoms of benign prostate hyperplasia. It additionally inhibits the vasoconstrictor impact of circulating and locally released catecholamines (epinephrine and norepinephrine), leading to peripheral dilatation.
- The additional common side effects include dizziness, weariness headache.Mild side effects may go away within a couple of days or a few of weeks. whereas Serious side effects and their symptoms will include the following: the abrupt drop in blood pressure and prolonged erection (priapism).
- Alfuzosin isn’t prescribed for ladies. however, studies in animals have shown no proof of fetal toxicity, even with extremely high doses of alfuzosin.
- The suggested dose of alfuzosin HCl) is one 10 mg extended-release pill once daily. The extent of absorption of alfuzosin is 500th lower under fasting conditions. Therefore, (alfuzosin HCl))should be taken with food and with a similar meal daily.
- Before taking this drug tell your doctor or pharmacist about Your medical history, particularly concerning Heart diseases, Liver diseases, and certain eye issues and if you’re allergic to it; or if you have any other& allergies. This product could contain inactive ingredients, which might cause sensitivity or other issues. talk to your healthcare provider for additional details.
- Avoid driving and doing other tasks or actions that call for you to be alert till you see however this drug affects you.