As I am a professional pharmacist, I always get feedback about the product my customers use. So, in this Flo Vitamins review, I am adding a personal story of one of my customers who has used this supplement for six weeks.
Also, I will add a detailed expert opinion about the product and what the research says about it? We will also tell you if it’s worth the money or not? Let’s have a quick overview first;
- Product’s full name: Flo Vitamins gummies and capsules.
- Manufacturer: O Positiv, Inc in Los Angeles, CA, USA. (Formerly FLO)
- Designed By: Brianna Bitton, Co-Founder, Bobby Bitton, Co-Founder
- Designed For: Targeted audience are female and mostly intended to ease the symptoms of Premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
- Best Place To Buy Flo Vitamins: The product is only available on the company’s official website. You may also find it in some offline pharmacies and medicine stores.
- Best Actual Price: The price of the strawberry gummy and sugar-free capsules is $29.99, but if you subscribe to their auto-shipping program, you can get it for $24.99.
- Dosage form: Flo vitamins come in gummies and sugar-free capsules. You will need to chew two gummies or take one pill per day.
- Customer Flo Vitamins Reviews: ★★★★★ (Overall rating was 4.3/5 on the company website when the total review was 3772)
- DrugsBank Rating: ★★★★★★★★★★ 7/10 ratings
- Is it worth buying?: The product is packed with some proven ingredients for PMS, and that’s why we also think that you should use it for one month, and if you don’t like it, return it and get your money back because the product is backed by 60 days money-back guarantee.
Flo Vitamins Review (Full)
In this section of the article, you will learn an in depth analysis of what is PMS and what is Flo vitamin? It’s pros and cons, side effects, dosage, real customer Flo Vitamins reviews and much more. Let’s start with;
What Is Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)?
PMS is a set of emotional and physical symptoms that occurs before the menses start and after the ovulation starts.
The symptoms include mood swings, tender breasts, food cravings, hormonal acne, fatigue, irritability, poor concentration, low sex drive, and depression. You may also experience many other symptoms not included here.
These symptoms are very common at a young age and might go away when you no longer get menses and in case of pregnancy. According to some statistics, It affects as many as 3 of every four women—this means that 90% of menstruating women can experience these symptoms.
About 80% of menstruating women report only mild symptoms of PMS, while 32% of women may experience moderate to severe symptoms. Only 3-8% may report Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD).
Research suggests that PMS occurs because of an imbalance in sex hormones (estrogen, progesterone) and serotonin levels at the beginning of the menstrual cycle.
- An increase in estrogen and progesterone can cause irritability, mood swing, and anxiety.
- While Serotonin affects your emotional behavior like mood, emotions, and thoughts.
Different treatment options are available. Your doctor can prescribe you medications like anti-depressants, diuretics, NSAIDs, and hormonal contraceptives. But lifestyle changes and natural remedies can reduce the onset of symptoms.
This article will discuss one of the natural remedies known as Flo Vitamins. This product claims to prevent the symptoms of PMS by fighting hormonal imbalance, acne, mood swings, bloating, and cramps—so that you can enjoy your life to the fullest. This sounds great but does it really help ease the PMS symptoms, and is it worth the money?
We dug deep into the research behind its ingredients, side effects and asked some verified customers to tell us their story after taking Flo vitamins. Here is what we found;
What is Flo Vitamins Gummy?
Flo Vitamins— a plant-based, a vegan-friendly brand made from all-natural ingredients and claims to alleviate the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS), including hormonal acne, mood swings, bloating, and cramps.
The supplement is vitamin B6 and some herbal extracts like chaste berry extract, Lemon balm, and Dong Quai. These ingredients have proven to be effective in treating PMS, but the question is, how much is included in each serving?
Flo vitamins come in delicious gummies and capsules form, and the usual recommended dose is chewing 2 gummies or one capsule per day.
The company mainly targets women to help them treat symptoms of PMS and has an active internet marketing strategy on social media and mainstream media like TV and radio. The company has social media pages on Facebook and Instagram with an enthusiastic fan following.
Flo, now known as Opositiv, was founded by Brianna and Bobby Bitton in 2008, and the company is based in Los Angeles, CA, United States.
- After brainstorming this brand and its formula, we think that Flo vitamins are made from some well-researched and clinically proven ingredients known to alleviate PMS symptoms.
- The second best thing about this brand is that it offers its product in gummies and capsules. Gummies are usually easy to use and delicious.
- The third one is that Flo vitamins are safe to use because of their natural, vegan, and gluten-free formulation.
- The fourth one is, there are thousands of positive customer Flo vitamins reviews on different eCommerce and social media platforms.
- Last and most important is, this company offers you 2 months money-back guarantee. This type of guarantee makes it easy for people to try it without risk.
- The formulation has proprietary blends of some herbal extracts that hide each ingredient’s exact doses.
- The supplement has no third-party testing, making it ambiguous to follow quality protocols.
- Flo vitamins are not available in other countries, and the company doesn’t ship them globally.
Flo Vitamins Ingredients
Flo Vitamins contain the following ingredients. We will discuss these in detail below.
- Vitamin B6
- Lemon balm
- Chasteberry extract
- Dong Quai.
Let’s discuss them one by one and check and what the research says about them.
Vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin most commonly present in plants and animals. This vitamin is also called pyridoxine.
The body frequently needs to be nourished with the right nutrients for everything from cell growth and repair, nutrient metabolism all along the way. That’s why you must take care of your diets by eating balanced meals with richly diverse sources of Vitamin B6 like fruits, vegetables, proteins, carbs, minerals, etc.
According to a 1999 study —Vitamin B6 up to 100 mg per day effectively reduces the symptoms associated with PMS, including depression, while more recent research has also supported this effect.
However, the Flo vitamins contain 20 mg of Vitamin B6 per serving, which is less than what is usually used in most studies. But still, the vitamin B6 present in this product will help improve women’s health.
Chasteberry extract is a natural way to relieve PMS symptoms, but the quality of research varies. Some studies show that it can help with mood swings and irritability, while others don’t find any effect on these issues or just very minor ones in some cases.
There are many other uses of this extract, like it may help reduce constipation, anxiety, breast tenderness and treat migraine.
Scientists have found that chaste berry extract also helps alleviate PMS symptoms, including cramps and mood swings. However, recent reviews note there’s a high risk for bias in these studies due to their lack of quality or small sample size (less than 100 subjects). The average dose used per trial was 150-200 mg daily, but it’s unclear how much Flo vitamins contain in this proprietary blend.
Dong Quai, also known as “female ginseng” and used for hundreds of years to treat menstrual cramps in women, has been shown safe at doses up to 150 mg per day with no side effects other than skin sensitivity. It’s best not taken during pregnancy or breastfeeding because it can trigger an allergic reaction on top sensitive stomachs. The main issue of taking this herb is its interaction with sunlight, so make sure you wear sunscreen.
FLO also claims that this plant can alleviate your monthly cramps while retaining healthy menstruation cycle rhythms; balances hormones naturally so you feel calm instead of anxious during PMS periods; helps ease anxiety symptoms when consumed regularly, according to what reviews say on Amazon.
The few studies show promising results but still need further research to establish if it is effective or not and safe to use.
Lemon balm, a natural herb found in your local grocery store or pharmacy, is an option for reducing stress and improving moods.
Lemon balsam has been proven to help with anxiety because of its calming effect on the body; it may also improve sleep quality for those struggling in bed and who have trouble sleeping at night due to premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
A 2018 article reported how females who took 1200 mg daily experienced fewer symptoms such as anxiety and depression.
In 2020, researchers published a study in the journal of BMC Complementary Medicine and Therapies treating 45 adults with major depression using either lemon balm or lavender. One of the most interesting and surprising findings in this study is that lemon balm produced similar effects to Prozac (fluoxetine) when treating major depression. This means it’s possible for people who don’t want pharmaceuticals but still need help dealing with their mental health issues may want to try aromatherapy instead.
Is It Safe To Use—Flo Vitamins Side Effects?
Flo Vitamins are all-natural, and that’s why it is safe to use without causing any side effects, but we recommend avoiding them in pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Vitamin B6 is generally safe to use, but very high doses might cause unwanted effects and lead to toxicity.
Then there is Lemon balm which can cause dizziness, wheezing, and sometimes stomach upset.
Chasteberry also appears to be safe, but sometimes it may also cause side effects like digestive upset, headache, acne, and rash. Contraindicated in pregnancy too.
The Dong Quai present in this formulation can also cause skin sensitivity to sunlight—so be sure to wear sunscreen. This one is also not indicated in pregnancy and breastfeeding.
FLO Vitamins are generally safe and designed to change hormone levels, but this could lead you to worse PMS symptoms if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding. However, these changes could have negative outcomes if you take birth control pills (especially during your second or third month), medications prescribed for high blood pressure/heart disease.
Is It Worth It?
It is worth trying Flo Vitamins when dealing with nagging pain, heavy periods, and other PMS symptoms like depressed mood. Many customers noted that their cramps were reduced or gone completely, while others had stable mental states, which benefit from taking these vitamins. Here is what do we think about Flo vitamins;
- Personally speaking, I recommend it because some or most of its ingredients are well researched and have shown to be effective in reducing PMS symptoms.
- The product is backed by 2 months of a money-back guarantee—you have a lot of time to test it and return it if it doesn’t suit your body.
- There are thousands of satisfied customers on the company’s official site.
Where to buy Flo Vitamins?
Flo Vitamins are available only on the company’s official website, FloVitamins.com, and they can also be found at other online retailers. Still, we recommend you buy them from the site because of its superior customer service experience.
FLO Gummies are a great alternative to expensive hormone-related supplements. With prices ranging from around $20-$40, FLOGams sit at about a mid-range price of 30 dollars for one bottle.
You can get 10% off your first purchase using the code on their site. A one-off order of 2 months’ worth could cut costs down to around $50! These prices exclude shipping, but don’t forget that FLO subscribers automatically pay a discounted rate for every bottle and get free shipping as well, so you’re guaranteed to save not only money but also time by joining up now.
Flo Vitamins Gummy Alternatives
There are several supplements in this category on Amazon and other well-known eCommerce sites. Let’s check them one by one;
- Happy Healthy Happie Go With The Flow: It is one of the most popular PMS supplements on Amazon, with more than 6400 reviews and a 4.3/5 star rating. Go with the flow is a100% plant-based and vegan product specially designed to support all hormonal stages, relieve PMS symptoms and hot flashes.
- PinkStork Total PMS Gummy: This is another Flo Vitamins alternative made with turmeric, ginger, and black pepper. They’re designed to help relieve period pain by simulating the effects of taking over-the-counter medication, which can lessen the discomfort for some people who suffer from it. A one-month supply costs $26.99, but other options are available, like capsule supplements containing chaste berry extract or dong Quai costing around$25 each.
- PMS Relief By Windsor Botanicals: This is another great PMS capsule formula specially designed to reduce the symptoms of PMS. It also helps you improve your mood, mental health, and sleep quality. This product is also available on Amazon with a price tag of $19.99. You can also save some extra bucks if you subscribe to their monthly subscription plan.
The wide range of active ingredients in these supplements stands out. For example, one supplement contains 85-400 mg chaste berry extract and 100- 400mg dong Quai per serving, while another has a blend with 17 different herbs! The difference may be significant if you prefer not to take proprietary blends but are interested in knowing how much each ingredient contributes towards overall benefits for your health.
While searching for this brand on the internet, I could not find it on Amazon, but the product has more than 3900 reviews on the company’s site. The overall rating was 4.3/5 stars, and the majority of the consumers have voted it five stars.
- ★★★★★ – 2500+
- ★★★★ – 565
- ★★★ – 345
- ★★ – 305 1
- ★ – 230
Positive Flo Vitamins Reviews
Women looking for a natural way to tackle their monthly PMS should consider FLO Gummy Vitamins. The most common positives that users experienced were improvements in premenstrual acne and cramping, followed by better mood stability and decreased bloating. Most users take the gummies twice daily for at least 1 month before achieving these results.
Let’s see what others have experienced?
- LaTisha B—a verified customer, thinks that she has been using Flo vitamins for the last four months, which has helped her tremendously.
- Kate H also said that her acne is gone, and she loves the product more than any other PMS supplement.
- Monica S also praised that the cramps are finally bearable now. There are many other positive and negative Flo vitamins reviews on this website.
Negative Flo Vitamins Reviews
The majority of one-star reviews for this product express concerns about its effect on symptoms. Many customers have seen no difference after using the gummies daily for more than 2 months, and some complain that they had worse bouts with lethargy or depression. This may be due to a few contraindications with certain medications you’re already taking, which would cause interactions between them – something easily preventable by consulting your physician before purchasing any supplements online.
Let’s read some negative feedback about this product;
- For some people, it didn’t work the way it was advertised.
- For others, it didn’t work after using it for four months.
- While for others, this product contains too much sugar. Some Flo gummies reviews were about the Flo side effects.
What Our Customer Think?
After testing these Flo PMS gummies for one and half months, my customer told me the whole story. According to Kelley, these gummies have changed her life by reducing her PMS symptoms, helped so much with her periods, breakouts and mood. She said that this product was worth the money.
Verdict—Flo Vitamins Review
To wind up our Flo Vitamin Review– there are a few things that we like and a few we don’t like;
The supplement contains a proprietary blend of plant-based ingredients that may help reduce symptoms associated with premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
However, since these gummies don’t list an individual amount for each ingredient like most supplements do, it’s difficult to know exactly how much you’re getting in terms of beneficial effects for yourself or if this product is providing enough active substances at all – so always start by speaking directly with your doctor about any concerns before trying anything else.
The second thing is that there are many positive FLO gummies reviews, and most consumers think that this supplement has helped them improve the signs of PMS.
Another best thing I like is the guarantee of this product. As I have discussed above, this product comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee so that you can test it before subscribing to their subscription plans.