Drugs Used in Pediatrics 1-10
- It is used to relieve pain, fever, reduce inflammation of soft tissue injuries.
- It can be given by mouth or IV and you can use it in 1-month children.
- It is contraindicated in children with asthma, GI problems, Liver problems, Lupus, low platelets etc.
- Most commonly used the medication in both hospitals and the community. It is Used in Relieving Pain and Fever.
- It can be used in neonates 28 weeks onwards.
- Most commonly used orally. Also used rectally and IV.
- Amoxicillin is employed to treat many different types of infection caused by bacterium, like tonsillitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, gonorrhea, and infections of the ear,Chest, nose, throat, skin, or tract.
- Amoxicillin is also generally used together with another antibiotic referred to as clarithromycin (Biaxin) to treat stomach ulcers caused by Helicobacter pylori infection.
- This combination is typically used with a stomach acid reducer referred to as lansoprazole (Prevacid).
- Most commonly used to treat pain or also used in sedation.
- It is given as Orally, IV, IM
- Caution in Respiratory depression, Shock And Hypotension.
- Morphine side effects are Nausea, Vomiting, Hallucinations.
- Azithromycin belongs to the class of drugs known as Macrolide antibiotics.
- Azithromycin is used to treat certain bacterial infections.
- Azithromycin may be used in combination with other antibiotics when it’s used to treat mycobacterium avium complex infection.
- It should not be used to treat infections caused by viruses, such as the common cold.
- Dexamethasone, a corticosteroid, is analogous to a natural hormone produced by your adrenal glands.
- It usually is employed to replace this chemical once your body doesn’t make enough of it.
- It relieves inflammation (swelling, heat, redness, and pain) and
- It is employed to treat certain types of arthritis; skin, blood, kidney, eye, thyroid, and intestinal disorders (e.g., colitis);
- Severe allergies; and asthma attack.
- For children: 0.02 to 0.3 mg per kg (2.2 pounds) of body weight each day.
- Diazepam belongs to a group of drugs known as Benzodiazepines.
- It is one of most commonly Drugs Used in Pediatrics in the treatment of Depression and Anxiety, Insomnia.
- It is also used in the acute treatment of alcohol withdrawal.
- It is also used as a muscle relaxant.
- Lactulose is a synthetic sugar that is used to treat constipation.
- It breaks down in the colon in products that draw water from the body and into the colon. This water softens the stool.
- Lactulose is also used to reduce the amount of ammonia in the blood of patients with liver disease. It works by extracting ammonia from the blood into the colon, where it is eliminated from the body.
- The usual dose for normal constipation in children aged 1 to 6 years (under the supervision of a doctor) is between 5 ml and 10 ml once or twice daily. And the dose for babies under 1 year (only under medical supervision) is up to 5 ml once or twice a day.
- Loratadine is in a class of medications known as an antihistamine that reduces the effects of natural chemical histamine in the body. histamine will produce symptoms Like; watery eyes, sneezing, runny nose, And itching.
- It is used for the treatment of allergies Like hypersensitivity reaction and is additionally used to treats symptoms like skin sensation, runny nose, watery eyes, and sneezing from “hay fever” and different allergies. it’s also used to relieve itching from hives.
- Daily Pediatric Dose for Allergic Rhinitis is 2 to 5 years: 5 mg orally in A single Dose
- Daily Pediatric Dose for Urticaria is 2 to 5 years: 5 mg orally in a single.
- Amitriptyline is in a group of Drugs Called Tricyclic Antidepressant And is Used to help Relieve Symptoms Of Depression ,Nerve pain ( Neuralgia) Preventing migraine,Nocturnal enuresis) in children aged six years and over (Bedwetting)Lower doses are also widely used to block the long-term (chronic) pain of some rheumatic conditions.
- Serious side effects are Heart attack, Stroke.
- The recommended dose for Adolescents and elderly is 25-50mg per day in a divided doses or as a single night time dose. A maintenance dose of 25-50mg may be sufficient.
- For Children With Nocturnal aneurisis (Nightly bedwetting)the recommended dose for 11-16 years is 25-50mg at night. And for 6-10 years the dose is 10-20mg at night while Not recommended for age less than 6 years.
Drugs Used in Pediatrics 11-20
- Promethazine (HCl) is an antihistamine,
- It is used in the treatment of hypersensitivity reaction and allergic conjunctivitis and for prevention of allergic reactions to blood or plasma in patients with a better-known history of such reactions,
- Promethazine (HCl) is employed as an antiemetic to stop nausea and vomiting and additionally used for pre-operative and postoperative sedation.
- Salbutamol Or albuterol Is in a group of medicine called a short-acting beta 2 agonist.
- It is employed to stop and treat wheezing and shortness of breath caused by breathing problems (e.g asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
- it’s conjointly used to prevent asthma brought on by exercise. albuterol belongs to a category of drugs known as bronchodilators.
- Cephalexin is an antibiotic of the cephalosporin family. It works by fighting bacteria in your body.
- It is used to treat Genital and urinary tract infections, Bone infections, Ear infections, Infections of the skin and skin structure, Respiratory infections, Pharyngitis, Mastitis, And bladder infections.
- Mometasone nasal spray is employed to stop and relieve symptoms of sneezing, runny, stuffy, or itchy nose caused by allergic rhinitis or different allergies. it’s conjointly used to treat nasal polyps (swelling of the lining of the nose). Mometasone nasal spray mustn’t be used to treat symptoms (e.g., sneezing, stuffy, runny, restless nose) caused by the common cold.
- Mometasone is the most active ingredient in Nasonex nasal spray, Elocon lotion and ointment (generic), along with also the Asmanex Twisthaler.
- Montelukast is a leukotriene receptor antagonist (LTRA)
- It is used for the maintenance treatment of bronchial asthma, to alleviate symptoms of seasonal allergies and stop exercise-induced breathing issues. it’s typically administered orally.
- Nystatin belongs to a group of medicine called antifungal.
- It is used to treat yeast infections, such as hepatitis and candidal diaper rashes.
- Triamcinolone is the active ingredient in Nasacort AQ nasal spray and triamcinolone acetonide ointment and lotion. Triamcinolone acetonide cream (TAC) is among those least-expensive drugs
- It is used to treat psoriasis flares and other skin rashes.
- Nasacort nasal spray is available as a standard and is presently over-the-counter and is used in nasal allergy.
- Prednisolone is a synthetic steroid With similar Properties to Those of prednisone.
- It’s used to treat many various conditions like skin conditions, allergic disorders, colitis, lupus, psoriasis, breathing disorders and arthritis.
- Amphetamine is a potent stimulator of their central nervous system. It’s used to treat several health conditions, but it’s also highly addictive, with a history of misuse. Amphetamines are a form of stimulant. They are also sometimes used by healthcare professionals to treat other ailments.
- Dextroamphetamine and methamphetamine are two kinds of amphetamines. They are occasionally sold illegally. Methamphetamine is the most frequently abused amphetamine.
- Ciprofloxacin (Brand Name: Ciproxin)belongs to a group of broad-spectrum antimicrobial drugs known as fluoroquinolones.
- It is used in various infections like Urinary tract infections (UTIs) caused by certain bacteria such as E. coli, Cervical and urethral gonorrhea due to Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Typhoid, Skin infections and many more infections
These are most commonly Drugs Used in Pediatrics but obviously This is not a complete list of drugs used in pediatrics.