Are you looking for the best folding mobility scooters? If yes, you are in the right place because we have compiled a list of ultra-lightweight folding mobility scooters.
Folding mobility scooters are designed to assist people who are handicapped and they provide transportation for people who have varying degrees of mobility challenges.
They are often defined as the equivalent of wheelchairs but they are so much more than a motorized wheelchair.
- A mobility scooter has 3 or 4 wheels which increase its stability and safety.
- They also have a flat platform for your feet and either a handlebar or central steering system.
- The seat swivel around makes it super easy to get off and on your scooter.
A folding mobility scooter is an ideal option for older people who enjoy traveling and active life. This type of scooter is easy to transport in a passenger vehicle because they are folded easily.
There are different types of folding mobility scooters available on the market. Some provide good quality and durability but are heavy and are not foldable.
You want a mobility scooter that is high quality, durable, reliable, lightweight, and foldable. That is why when choosing the best mobility scooter, it is important to determine daily needs.
What is a Mobility Scooter?
A mobility scooter is a mobility aid just like a wheelchair but it is configured like a motor-scooter.
A mobility scooter has seat over three, four or five wheels, a flat area or footrest, and a front handlebar or a triangular steering device in the front to turn a direction of one, two, or three wheels. The seat can be rotated to allow access when the front is blocked by the handlebar.
Mobility scooters usually work with batteries. One or two batteries are stored in the scooter and charged through an onboard charger or disconnected from the standard charger. Gasoline scooters may also be available in some countries, but will soon be replaced by electric scooters.
A study published in the Journal Of Transport & Health concluded that the use of a mobility scooter can have a positive impact on your life.
There are different brands available but finding the best folding mobility scooter is not an easy task. We have extensively reviewed and researched different mobility scooters that fold up and select some of the best folding mobility scooters available on the market. These handicap scooters are very easily foldable, lightweight, and durable. These scooters can be used by disabled and elders.
Let’s take a look at some of the best portable mobility scooters.
Best Folding Mobility Scooters
This is one of the best folding mobility scooters for the elderly as it has a cup holder and a can holder so you can take your walker and coffee wherever you go! The Transformer Automatic folding mobility scooter features automatic folding and unfolding that works with remote control, It uses a lithium battery that carries it with a single charge for 13.5 km and can carry up to 300 pounds.
The Transformer Automatic Folding Scooter is a unique folding electric scooter and one of the few fully electric scooters in every respect. This is also one of the best folding mobility scooters for people who can not move it manually, allowing for a more comfortable experience and independent lifestyle.
- Easily foldable: This electric foldable scooter folds and unfolds in seconds. There is a remote control that folds and unfolds your scooter in seconds.
- Easy to Transport: This folding mobility scooter is easy to transport with airline-approved battery. You can take it anywhere and it can easily fit in your trunk.
- Warranty: This 4 wheel scooter offers a limited lifetime warranty on the frame, 2years on electronics, 12 months on batteries. If you wish to file a warranty claim on the batteries, you will need to read a weight check that shows that the batteries are faulty.
- Weight capacity: This scooter can carry up to 300lbs weight with a top speed of 3.75 mph.
- Compact Size: The transformer is a portable mobility scooter which can fold to the size of a small suitcase and fits easily into most rooms, laundry rooms, and most cars.
- Easy to use and understand
- The handle is adjustable for height
- Best motorized scooter for the elderly
- Fully electric mobility scooter
- It can carry up to 300lbs of weight.
- Walking aid holder
2. EV Rider Transport Plus
This ultra-lightweight folding mobility scooter is perfect for the active traveler. This scooter comes with a sealed lead battery which makes it safe for the airline.
TranSport scooter is super portable and saves a lot of space. It is elegant, elegant, and extremely easy to use. It has a weight capacity of 250 pounds and a maximum speed of 4 miles per hour.
The total weight of the scooter is 46 pounds without batteries and the seat. You can comfortably mount the folding travel scooter indoors and outdoors. When traveling, this eco-friendly scooter folds easily and rolls in small spaces like a closet or in a corner. For added security, the TranSport scooter is key operated and has an automatic speed control that allows you to control maximum speed. This motorized scooter for the elderly and disabled provides greater comfort and independence.
- Weight: The total weight of this foldable mobility scooter is 70 pounds, however, the seat and battery can be removed to make it easier to drag and carry only 46 pounds for travel.
- Battery Charge: You can drive it for 10-15 miles on a single charge. The batteries are airline safe.
- Foldable and Compact: This scooter is easily foldable and compensates in your car trunk. This portable mobility scooter can be easily assembled and a great space saver.
- Key Operated: This scooter is a key-operated, this makes it more secure and also features a speed control dial.
- Warranty: They offer a 1-year extended manufacturer warranty.
- Key operated so more secure
- Lightweight and small
- Easy to pick up and put in the trunk
- Top speed is adjustable
- For some customers, the battery power does not last as long as advertised.
3. Transport Foldable Mobility Scooter By EV Rider
The transport scooter is a perfect folding electric tricycle scooter for the active traveler. This is one of the best folding mobility scooters that has been designed for your active lifestyle.
It’s sealed lead-acid batteries make this travel scooter company safe. The TranSport folding scooter is super portable and saves a lot of space.
The design of this scooter is elegant and extremely easy to use. It has a load capacity of 250 pounds and a maximum speed of 4 mph. This is an ultra-lightweight folding mobility scooter weighs 46 pounds after removing the batteries and the seat.
You can comfortably use the Transport folding scooter inside and out. When traveling, this electric scooter folds easily and rolls in small spaces like a closet or in a corner. For added security, TranSport is powered by a key and has a speed control to control the maximum speed.
- Weight: This is one of the ultra lightweight folding mobility scooters on the market. It weighs 42 pounds with an 11.5Ah rechargeable lithium-ion battery. You can fold and unfolds manually for traveling on trains, planes, and cruise ships.
- Compact: It can be easily stored anywhere and easily fits in most automobile trunks.
- Distance Per charge: Its high speed is 3.8 mph and a long drive range of 10 miles per single charge. You can easily maneuver in tight spaces with a 31-inch turning radius.
- Warranty: They offer a warranty of 2 years on the frame and 18 months on the controller.
- Safety: This mobility scooter have puncture-proof tires, LED headlight, Height adjustable tailor, Key Ignition, and a dual-hand two-way Throttle Control system.
- Easy to fold and unfold
- It’s Lightweight
- Front and rear LED lighting helps you see when driving at night
- Adjustable Tiller
- Fits perfectly in a car trunk
- Available in 4 different colors
- The scooter is low to the ground so it may be uncomfortable for taller people but overall this is a great and affordable mobility scooter.
4. Pride Go-Go S19 Folding Mobility Scooter for Adults
This compact travel scooter folds and folds in seconds and can be stored in the closet or in the trunk when not in use.
The design of this scooter is elegant and extremely easy to use. The Go-Go folding scooter drives up to 13 kilometers per charge, with a maximum speed of 4 km/h and a load capacity of 250 pounds.
The following features make it one of the best folding mobility scooters.
- Long driving range: This mobility can drive for up to 13 miles per single charge with top speeds of 4mph and a 250 lbs weight capacity.
- Compact: This compact travel scooter folds in and unfolds in seconds and can be stored in your closet or in the trunk of your car when you’re not using it.
- Additional Features: Front and rear LED lighting to allow you to see while driving at night, while the front end offers 4-wheel stability.
- Portable: Perfect for your active lifestyle, this fold to a small suitcase shape for easy transport in just 3 steps.
- Warranty on the frame is 2 years and 18 months on the controller
- Front and rear LED lighting helps you see when driving at night
- Adjustable Tiller
- The seat is not very comfortable
- Limited legroom for taller people
5. Passport Easy Move Mobility Scooter
This is FDA approved automatic and remote control folding mobility scooter. This is ideal for cruises, traveling, or retiring to the trunk of a car.
This scooter weighs only 42 lbs, it has a 250 pounds weight capacity and a small turning radius of 30.7″. This ultra-lightweight folding mobility scooter has the following features.
- Weight capacity: This scooter weighs only 42 lbs without a battery and 44 lbs with a lithium battery. It also features a large 250 lbs Weight capacity and 30.7″ small turning radius.
- Remote Control: Auto-fold and unfold at the push of a button on the remote control.
- Portable: This mobility scooter can easily be fit into the trunk of a car. It comes with a suitcase and easy to carry on the travel
- Folding electric tricycle scooter: This is a 3 wheel scooter that can be easily used in narrow spaces.
- Travel bag and air travel certificate included
- Lightweight (Weighs only 42lbs with battery)
- FDA approved and European CE certified
- No basket attached
6. MiniRider Folding Mobility Scooter
The MiniRider is one of the best folding mobility scooters for senior citizens. This is an ultra lightweight folding mobility scooter with a removable battery pack and offers roughly 9 miles per charge.
Electromagnetic brakes are relatively easy to use for the elderly, even if they have arthritis. There is a control level that is pressed and released with a small effort to control the speed.
The frame is made of aluminum. This material prevents oxidation during prolonged use. Rollover wheels increase the safety and stability of this scooter while driving. The rear wheels drive the scooter thanks to the driving system.
- Compact: A compact folded mobility scooter with an automatic brake system that can be used indoors and outdoors.
- Easily fits into your vehicle: It can be stored practically anywhere and easily fits in most automobile trunks.
- Folding & Unfolding: This scooter features an automatic folding & unfolding with one touch on the remote control.
- Load Capacity: This compact model can carry up to 253 lbs / 115 kg and good for travel & transportation.
- Easy to take on a plane
- Perfect for cramped apartment living
- Easily navigated in narrow spaces
- The load capacity of 253lbs
- Reverse switch
- Best motorized scooter for the elderly
- This may be a bit uncomfortable for taller people
7. Tzora Folding Mobility Scooters
Combining stable all-wheel drive with excellent maneuverability, this extremely lightweight scooter can be disassembled and folded in seconds. The four-point design of the Tzora Elite offers 45% more stability on a slope than a scooter that uses a center seat post.
The total weight of the classic is only 28 kg (62 lbs). Separated into 3 parts, the heaviest part weighs only 13 kg. Without connectors, bolts, or mechanisms to open when folding or disassembling, the Classic is simply the ideal scooter for all your trips.
The distinctive position to place the batteries – front side. Unlike other units that put their batteries in the back, the Tzora presents its superior capacity when these batteries are in traction or inertia. It is not necessary to leave the scooter, go back, and set the battery mode. Now, sit here and do it.
Another advantage of this new configuration is easier access when you need to charge these batteries. It is good for those who live with severe back pain because it does not have to bend too much.
- Easy to transport: You can easily add Elite as a piece of equipment that you can transport in your car or even by plane.
- Weight: The total weight of the Elite without batteries is only 58 pounds, and the heaviest part is 27 pounds.
- Speed & Weight capacity: The total Weight capacity is250 lbs and the highest speed is 3.7 mph. The driving range per single charge is 8 miles.
- Easily and quickly foldable
- Safe to use
- Designed for comfort and functionality
- Powerful and stable
- Key to start
- Convenient basket included.
- No freewheel unless the active battery is attached
8. Hummer XL 4 Wheel Folding Scooter by TZORA
The Hummer XL is a 4-wheel field scooter, which gives it much better stability. This scooter is designed for a long time. The design is suitable for most people outdoors, but it is also perfect for indoor use.
The Hummer XL batteries are located at the rear of the back wheels and can be easily removed when lifted. When you are ready to use the Titan, just replace each battery, and then the terminals connect automatically. Therefore, the user no longer needs anything.
The Hummer-XL is equipped with a luxurious 18 “Com-Fort-Fit seat with” Memory Foam. “The Com-Fort Fit seat is standard, which means you no longer have to pay for this option. With suspension systems Integrated, the Hummer XL provides extremely comfortable driving and the stability required for easy and stable transfer.
The Hummer XL is one of the best mobility scooters that offer you a portable vehicle that can take you anywhere, regardless of weather and terrain. Even slopes and steep climbs are not a problem for the Hummer-XL High Performance. With its large full-suspension tires and its 18-inch viscoelastic foam seat, the high-performance Hummer XL offers an incredibly smooth ride.
- Safety: When choosing mobility, the safety of the scooter should be strictly considered. This is why the engineers who designed the Hummer-XL were adorned with the full light package. Right and left turn signals, rear taillights, front headlights, front running lights, and even taillights. The Hummer-XL is also equipped with large rear tires, which provide a smooth ride, providing excellent traction with lots of twisting.
- Extremely portable: The Hummer-XL battery packs are located in the back over the back wheels and are easily lifted and removed. When you are ready to use the Titan, easily replace each battery pack and connect the terminals automatically so that the user does not have to do anything else.
- Comfortable ride: Equipped with the Hummer-XL memory foam, a luxurious Comfort Fort set 18 inches wide. The Fort Fit work seat is standard, which means you don’t pay more for this option.
- Folding design: The folding design of the Titan Hammer-XL gives you a portable vehicle that will take you wherever you want to go, regardless of whether or region.
- Long-Lasting battery
- User-friendly control
- Rear basket with brackets
- Can and cup holder
- Car charger
- You can upgrade its battery to Li-ion batteries
- Not adjustable
9. Shoprider Sunrunner 4 Wheel Folding Mobility Scooters
The Sunrunner Four can be a four-wheeled scooter with a 136 kg capacity. The unit comes standard with a luxurious captain’s seat that can accommodate most users. It has an adjustable rudder for user comfort and a light front head for extra comfort during nighttime operation. It is optionally available with a complete lighting package that adds direction indicators and emergency lights. The device has a 3-inch screen. Height above ground for use on different terrains.
- Adjustable Tiller: This reduces the pressure on the arms and makes the trip more comfortable and fun. This is especially important for those who are not limited in their upper limits or who have the strength or ability. This feature makes it one of the best folding mobility scooters on the market.
- Weight Capacity and speed: The total weight capacity of this mobility scooter is 300 lb. The Maximum Speed of this scooter is 5 mph with a 25-mile drive per single battery charge.
- Sliding and swivel seat: The seat also slides and turns, which facilitates the entry and exit of the scooter. Reduce back pain and annoying conversions at home.
- Adjustable speed
- Deluxe & Comfortable captain seat and full tiller shroud
- 1 year limited warranty
- The headlight is set too low
- Turning radius is wide which may be a problem for small and narrow spaces
- It’s heavy than some of its competitors
What to Consider When Buying Folding Mobility Scooters
Before you buy a foldable Mobility scooter, there are several factors to consider. Taking this into account helps to ensure that seniors make the best decisions about mobility and independence.
- The best folding mobility scooter can accommodate 250 to 350 pounds on average.
- Before buying a folding mobility scooter first check it’s maximum traveling distance
- Check for maneuverability Like if your home is relatively small, look for a scooter that has a tight turning radius.
- An ultra-lightweight folding mobility scooter is easy to carry so check the weight before buying a mobility scooter.
- Also, check for the speed of a mobility scooter before buying.
- Check whether the mobility scooter is foldable or not.
- Smaller wheels make them a better choice for smooth surfaces, such as those at home or in a store.
The motorized scooters for the elderly and disabled people described in this article are among the best folding mobility scooters and wheelchairs on the market. It helps Disable, old age and other people who need to travel for different purposes. They all have many useful features and make your travel more comfortable. They are a helpful product and deserve to be invested in.
- The Transformer Automatic Folding Travel Scooter –weighs only 300 lbs and can be compressed and folded with a single click and stored in most places because it takes up very little space (portable mobility scooter in a suitcase). Small and lightweight folding scooters are useful when you want to take them with you on the road and in treatment, but they are also excellent for people with physical disabilities.
You can buy this product if you agree and totally fine if you do not agree – in which case you can consider one of the remaining 14 best folding mobility scooters.
If you buy something through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. Learn How it Works