Memory is essential for our everyday lives. We rely on our memory to store information so that we can recall it at a later time. As we age, our memory can start to decline. This is a normal part of aging, but there are things we can do to help keep our memory sharp. Several methods and dietary supplements have been shown to be effective if you’re looking for a way to boost your memory. Here is how to improve memory using natural remedies and supplements;
Factors play role in memory
Keeping your mind sharp is essential no matter what age you are. In their 20s and 30s, many people want to improve their memory because they want to get high exam scores or remember names and places. As we enter our 40s, our brain starts declining, so we need to do some home remedies and exercises to improve our brain performance.
Here are some lifestyle changes that play a critical role in keeping your mind sharp.
- Physical activity–Physical activity can help with memory retention and prevent dementia by increasing blood flow to the whole body, including brain areas responsible for cognition. This might be why we all must get a regular exercise routine – even 10 minutes each day will make a difference over time.
- Socially active–Our mental health improves when we’re connected to others. Loneliness and depression can lead to memory loss and severe mood swings that may come with it! So make sure you find ways for social interaction because these will help keep your mind in check.
- Get enough Sleep–Make sleep a priority, and you’ll be able to recall memories more quickly in the future. Most adults need seven or nine hours of quality rest daily, so don’t short yourself on this crucial resource.
- Along with physical activity and exercise, mental stimulation is key to keeping your brain healthy and strong. Whether playing crossword puzzles, taking up an instrument, or doing volunteer work – doing something that’ll keep you on the move benefits both body AND mind.
- A Healthy Diet–The best way to maintain your brain health is by eating a healthy diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Choose low-fat protein sources like fish or beans for an easy daily intake that will keep you feeling energized all day long. Plant-based foods, especially green, leafy vegetables and berries, whole grains, legumes, nuts, chicken or turkey, olive oil or coconut oil, herbs and spices, and fatty fish, such as salmon and sardines, can help improve focus and concentration. Some supplements can help improve your memory functions.
- Avoid certain foods like sugar, processed food items such as butter, cheese, red meat (especially if it’s fried), and salty snacks– anything with high levels of salt consumption should be avoided for your mind’s sake.
Signs you may need to boost/improve your memory
As you age, it’s not uncommon to start experiencing some memory lapses. Whether forgetting where you put your keys or blanking on a friend’s name, minor forgetfulness is a natural part of aging. However, for some people, memory loss can be a major issue that interferes with their day-to-day lives. So, if you are facing forgetfulness issues or want to improve your score on the exam, you need to boost your memory.
Supplements For Memory Improvement
1. Fish Oil
Fish oil is a popular supplement for a variety of reasons. It’s packed with omega-3 fatty acids, which have numerous health benefits, including reducing inflammation and improving heart health. But fish oil may also help improve memory and cognitive function  . One study found that older adults who took a fish oil supplement for six months had significantly better memories than those who didn’t take the supplement.
Omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil are a good starting point for people with depression, but those who need higher amounts of EPA should consider taking supplements. The usual recommended dietary intake is 1000-2000mg per day.
2. Ginkgo Biloba
Ginkgo biloba is an herbal supplement derived from the Ginkgo biloba tree. It’s been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries and is now one of the most popular supplements for brain health. Some scientific evidence suggests that ginkgo Biloba can help improve memory  , especially in older adults. One study found that ginkgo Biloba was effective in treating age-related memory problems.
The standard dose for people with dementia is 40 milligrams three times daily. For healthy individuals, the amount can range from 120mg-240 mg per day, depending on their needs.
Learn more about 30 commonly used nootropics supplements ←Here.
How do they work to support memory?
The brain is a complex organ that needs logical and physical support to function at its best. Some brain fog supplements improve circulation and increase oxygen supply, while others provide nutrients in the form of vitamins or minerals for optimal cognitive performance throughout life. Fish oil has been proven to be an excellent source of nutrients that promote healthy brain development. Read some of the popular nootropics supplements available online.