I was excited to write about Ovasitol—a product manufactured by Theralogix and based on Myo inositol. The company claims it will help support healthy hormone levels and ease polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) symptoms. Also, according to the numerous positive Ovasitol reviews on social media, this supplement may be a game-changer for women with PCOS and insulin resistance.
- So, does Ovasitol help, and is this the solution to infertility and PCOS?
- Is it any more special than other Inositol products?
Such questions arise when you first hear about a supplement with such promising outcomes.
Ovasitol has created hype among women for various reasons; it has intended to encourage healthy hormone levels to support regular menstrual cycles, ovarian health, and conception.
I am also aware of how challenging it may be to find a cure for PCOS. That is why I am creating this article for women out there who are facing PCOS-related symptoms and problems.
For those who don’t know me, I’m a certified pharmacist, and over the past few years, I’ve studied supplements and other health-beneficial drugs.
I’m going to share everything regarding Ovasitol and its formula.
What is Ovasitol?
Ovasitol is a supplement by Theralogix for women with PCOS and insulin resistance that aids in menstrual cycle regulation, fertility enhancement, and insulin sensitivity improvement. Many people praise it as a miracle, but is it effective?
Ovasitol is a unique, dual-action formula that promotes insulin sensitivity, supports healthy ovarian function and egg quality, and helps maintain healthy hormone levels. Ovasitol is the only patented ingredient that encourages all three of these benefits.
- Product Name: Ovasitol Powder
- Manufacturer: Theralogix Nutritional Science
- Design: To help improve ovarian function and egg quality and support healthy insulin levels and hormone health.
- How to take Ovasitol?: Stir 1 scoop in a hot or cold drink. You will need to take it twice daily after food.
- Amazon & Walmart Ovasitol reviews: 5321 ratings on Amazon and 29 reviews on Walmart at the time of writing this article. (It may change).
Ingredients of Ovasitol
Ovasitol is a premium and only pharmaceutical-grade supplement that combines Myo and d-chiro-inositol (DCI) in a ratio that mimics the body’s balance. And the plus point is that this supplement is vegan with no additives. Let’s take a look at the two ingredients of this supplement;
What is Inositol?
Inositol is a pseudovitamin (Vitamin B) which is a fancy way of saying it’s almost a vitamin. Many foods, including fruit, vegetables, beans, and buckwheat, contain it. Inositol is a type of sugar that affects the body’s insulin response and many hormones linked to mood and cognition.
As discussed earlier, this Ovasitol contains a combination of 2 different inositols: D-Chiro and Myo-inositol. Combined, they make a potent formula that can help ease your symptoms of PCOS.
Myo-Inositol— is a nutrient that plays an essential role in many body processes. It is involved in cell signaling, insulin signaling, and lipid metabolism. Myo-inositol is also a precursor to phospholipids, which are crucial to cell membranes. As a result, myo-inositol supplements have improved insulin sensitivity and reduced blood sugar levels. They have also been shown to improve fertility in women with PCOS and reduce the risk of gestational diabetes.
D Chiro inositol (DCI)— is another type of Inositol made from myo inositol and is an essential nutrient for women’s health. Women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) are believed to be deficient in DCI, which can affect their health. DCI helps improve insulin’s efficacy and positively affects blood pressure, cholesterol, and ovulatory function.
For women with PCOS, supplementing with Myo-inositol and D Chiro Inositol can help to improve their health and well-being.
Have you heard of the many advantages of inositols for PCOS but are unsure which to take?
The distinctions between the primary inositol kinds, myo and d-chiro inositol (DCI), are outlined in this article, along with their functions, advantages, and possible adverse effects.
Benefits of Ovasitol
What can you anticipate from taking this supplement now that you know what the two ingredients do? First, Ovasitol helps resolve issues related to PCOS.
Egg quality can be increased by combining Myo and D-chiro Inositol at the recommended 40:1 ratio. This is due to the ovary’s high concentration of Myo-inositol. It is thought that women with PCOS have a flaw that causes Myo levels to drop quickly.
- Studies suggest that supplementing with Myo inositol can improve embryo quality and increase the pregnancy rate in infertile women.
- New research also suggests that myoinositol may help treat PCOS patients undergoing ovulation induction of its insulin-sensitizing activity and role during oocyte maturation.
- Other studies also reveal that taking this ingredient along with folic acid can help promote ovulation in women with infertility issues.
Improve Menstrual Regularity and Ovulation
Within three months of starting Ovasitol, most women notice a regularization of their menstrual periods. Now, many medical professionals advise PCOS patients to try Ovasitol before using drugs with harmful effects (looking at you, metformin!).
- A review of 12 randomized control studies revealed that combining Myo-inositol and D-chiro-inositol can improve fertility and restore spontaneous ovulation.
- Another review published in a reproductive health journal mentioned that it decreases hyperandrogenism and improves the menstrual cycle.
It may Reduce Anxiety by Affecting Serotonin.
Serotonin is one of the neurotransmitters in your brain that Inositol impacts. Therefore, high doses may be advantageous for treating anxiety disorders, such as panic disorders.
- In a recent study, researchers found that some people with depression and anxiety had lower levels of this nutrient.
- According to a double-blind controlled study, those who took an 18-gram inositol supplement had fewer panic attacks per week compared to those taking the common anxiety medication.
May Control Blood Sugar
Myo-inositol and D chiro inositol are beneficial for people with Type 2 diabetes as they significantly reduce blood glucose levels.
- The key conclusion of a recent study is that inositol supplementation is beneficial in reducing both fasting blood glucose and HbA1c levels, suggesting that it may be a viable technique for improving glycemic control in Type 2 DM.
- Myo-inositol is a nutrient that can work by inhibiting the absorption of duodenal carbs and reducing blood sugar increases through its affinity for the same transporter system as insulin, so it’s safe to use in the long term without causing any problems.
Lessens the Appetite
Most people who use Inositol (including myself!) report that it lessens their cravings for sugar and carbohydrates. However, the published research to support this is limited and needs more in-depth studies.
The combined therapy of Myo-inositol plus D-chiro-inositol (in a physiological ratio of 40:1) has improved cholesterol levels. PCOS patients who took the combined treatment of Myo-inositol plus D-chiro-inositol showed significant reductions in LDL (the “bad” cholesterol) and triglyceride levels in six months.
- For example, A study confirmed that treatment with Inositol could reduce 22% of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol and can be used as an adjunct therapy for metabolic syndrome in postmenopausal women.
- Another study concluded that supplementing with Inositol reduced triglycerides and total- and LDL-cholesterol levels but did not affect HDL levels.
Reduce Androgen Levels
Ovasitol’s capacity to reduce androgen (testosterone) levels is an additional advantage. Patients with PCOS who took Inositol experienced significant drops in androgen levels after just six months of therapy. Other studies also support that it may reduce the serum concentration of androgen levels.
This supplement may result in a slight body weight loss in women with PCOS. Clinical studies also suggest that it might help reduce weight. According to one such study, taking Myo-inositol combined with diet can cause weight loss in overweight people.
Improves Thyroid Function
Myo-inositol significantly influences both thyroid health and autoimmune disease. According to clinical investigations, Myo-inositol therapy dramatically reduced TSH levels and antithyroid autoantibodies in patients with subclinical hypothyroidism.
Reduce Gestational Diabetes Risk
Gestational diabetes is more likely to affect women with PCOS. However, in women with high first-trimester fasting blood sugar levels, a 40:1 combination of myo- Inositol, D-chiro-inositol, and other nutrients reduced the incidence of gestational diabetes.
- According to research, only 17% of PCOS-afflicted women who took myo-inositol during pregnancy developed gestational diabetes (compared to 54 percent of those who did not take Inositol).
- Studies have also shown that myo-inositol reduces the risk of gestational diabetes by 50–67% of women having a history of type 2 diabetes in their families.
Other Potential Benefits
Respiratory distress syndrome
Inositol is effective in addressing respiratory problems brought on by undeveloped lungs in premature newborns.
According to a small study, taking 18 grams of Inositol daily for six weeks may lessen OCD symptoms.
Ovasitol Dosage—How much Inositol per day should you take?
This product can be taken twice daily for a daily dose of 4,000mg of Myo-inositol and 100 mg d -chiro inositol. Please don’t exceed the recommended dose to avoid side effects.
Is It Safe To Take–Ovasitol Side Effects?
Myo-inositol supplements are generally well tolerated and have few side effects. But the following issues could occur at very high doses (12 grams or more per day):
- Difficulty in sleeping,
- Feeling sleepy,
- More thirst,
- More hungry,
- Passing urine more often,
- Fast breathing,
- Tightness in the chest or throat,
- Unusual hoarseness,
- Swelling of the mouth, face, lips, and tongue,
Also, D-chiro-inositol has an aromatase inhibitory effect when taken in large dosages.
Here are some reasons this could adversely affect your ability to reproduce: Androgens are converted into estrogen by the enzyme aromatase. An aromatase inhibitor stops the conversion from taking place, which results in your body producing more androgens overall.
Real Customer Ovasitol Reviews
Here is a list of some of the mixed reviews we got from women using Ovasitol.
What happens when you stop using Ovasitol?
I was also curious, like other women, to know what would happen if someone stopped taking Ovasitol. It’s possible to take supplements for months without noticing a difference.
Studies have demonstrated that Ovasitol benefits PCOS-affected women’s general health and well-being. However, while women had several benefits while taking it for three months, they admit that some symptoms returned after they stopped. In addition, energy levels significantly decreased at first.
Their appetite then changed once more. They had a fierce craving for carbohydrates. Ovasitol can assist in enhancing insulin sensitivity and lowering sugar levels.
Ovasitol is a great inositol supplement with many positive aspects. The active ingredients are backed by many clinical studies and are considered safe to use.
Inositol affects the body, including how neurotransmitter levels and glucose metabolism are handled.
Your body’s sensitivity to insulin and some anxiety disorders may benefit from it. In addition, enhancing menstrual function and fertility appears to be two health advantages Inositol may provide for women with the polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
Few unfavorable effects have been reported for this chemical at both moderate and high doses, which speaks well for its safety.
Future research will likely look at the significance of Inositol for health and medical applications due to its multiple roles.