Levocetirizine and montelukast are the active ingredients in Montair lc tablets.
Levocetirizine is an antihistamine used to alleviate allergy symptoms such as watery eyes, runny nose, itchy eyes/nose, and sneezing. It is also used to relieve itching and hives. It blocks a certain natural substance (histamine) that your body forms during an allergic reaction.
Montelukast is a leukotriene receptor antagonist and is used to treat asthma care and relieve seasonal allergy symptoms. Reduces dizziness in the respiratory tract, making it easier to breathe.
Montair lc tablet is used in different medical conditions like asthma, different types of allergies like dust and pet allergy, inflammation of mucous membranes, Perennial allergic rhinitis, seasonal allergic rhinitis, Chronic asthma, Hay fever, Reddish, itchy weals, Ear-round allergies, and other conditions.
It works by blocking a chemical that causes an allergic reaction and makes it for you to breathe easily.
Montair LC comes in tablet form and a syrup form for kids. It can also be used for allergies in children.
Montair Lc Active Ingredients:
Montair lc Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients:
- Levocetirizine – 5 MG
- Montelukast – 10 MG
Montair Lc Side Effects:
The most common side effects associated with the use of Montair lc is
- Dryness in mouth,
- Skin rash,
- Flu-like symptoms,
Rare side effects include
- Pus in urine
While Severe Side Effects include
- Chest tightness,
- Diarrhea, and
Various other side effects of tab Montair lc include,
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome
- Fever, and
- Toxic epidermal necrolysis.
How Montair LC works?
It is a combination of medicine and both of the ingredients work together to improve the patient’s condition by the following two mechanisms.
- Montelukast is actually a leukotriene receptor blocker and it blocks the action of leukotriene D4 in the lungs resulting in improving asthma and allergic rhinitis symptoms by decreasing inflammation and relaxation of smooth muscle.
- The second ingredient is Levocetirizine which is a histamine blocker—Histamine is a chemical that your body makes during an allergic response. Histamine plays a basic role in many allergic reactions, dilating blood vessels, and making the vessel walls permeable. So this drug work by blocking or inhibiting the activity of histamine in the body.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
The use of Montair lc during pregnancy and lactation is not recommended unless necessary. All risks and benefits should be discussed with your doctor before taking this medicine. Your doctor may prescribe a safer alternative depending on your clinical condition.
Avoid Tab Montair LC if you:
- Allergic to montelukast or another levocetirizine or other ingredients.
- Acute asthma attacks
- Do not drive or use heavy machinery if the substance causes dizziness or blurring.
- Patients with aspirin-sensitive asthma should continue to avoid aspirin and other NSAIDs.
- Avoid abrupt replacement of oral or inhaled corticosteroids.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding period.
- Avoid it if you have kidney disease.
Interactions With Other Drugs
Montair lc contains montelukast and levocetirizine, which can interact with other medicines when used concomitantly.
This medicine dose depends on the age, the severity of your illness, history, and response to your body for the first dose. It would help if you told your doctor about your medical history and health and certain conditions, such as pregnancy, allergy, enlarged prostate, or kidney disease, before prescribing this medicine.
Do not take more than 3 tablets a day and keep enough time between each dose.
You can take Tab Montair Lc with your food or without it. It is also best to take it at night as this can prevent you from getting tired during the day. Ensure you do not take an overdose if you miss a dose as it may cause other side effects.
- Store at room temperature and avoid direct sunlight.
- Always check the expiry date of the package or the pharmacy before purchasing the medicine.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the use of Montair LC tablet?
Montair LC tablet is like Montek LC, and it is used in allergic conditions like sneezing, hives, runny nose, stuffy nose, itching, swelling, watery eyes, congestion, or stuffiness. Montair LC also reduces inflammation in the airways and makes breathing easier.
2. Is Montair LC an antibiotic?
No, it is an antiallergic medicine and is not used as antibiotics.
3. Is Montek LC good for cough?
Montelukast and Levocetirizine are used in allergies and may not directly work for cough. It can be used for cough associated with sneezing and airway inflammation, but this is not a cough medicine.
4. Does Montek LC make you sleepy?
Yes, the common side effects of these two drugs are drowsiness and dizziness. It can induce sleep, so it is important to avoid operating machinery and driving.
5. Is Montek LC harmful?
No, it is a safe medicine if used as prescribed. The chances of side effects are meager, but in some cases, it can cause drowsiness, dizziness, sleepiness, and may affect mental alertness.
6. What are the side effects of Montek LC?
Generally, it is tolerated well, but the most common side effects of Abdominal pain, Drowsiness, Dry mouth, Fatigue, Vomiting, and Diarrhoea.
7. Is Montair LC an antihistamine?
One of the ingredients in this formulation is an antihistamine and selective antagonist of H1-receptors while the other one is a leukotriene receptor antagonist.
8. How long is the duration of Montair LC?
The average time for this drug to last the effect is 24 hours.
9. Is it safe with Alcohol?
Follow your doctor’s instructions. The use of this medicine with alcohol is not recommended. It can increase the chances of side effects.