- Estrogen is a female sex hormone produced by the ovaries.Premarin is the brand name of a prescription drug containing estrogen hormones. estrogen is critical for several processes in the body.It is used to treat symptoms of menopause such as hot flashes, and vaginal dryness, burning, and irritation. different uses include prevention of osteoporosis in postmenopausal ladies and replacement of estrogen in ladies with ovarian failure or different conditions that cause an absence of natural estrogen within the body.It is typically used as a part of cancer treatment in women and men.Using estrogen-alone could increase your possibilities of obtaining strokes or blood clots increase your likelihood of obtaining cancer of the uterus (womb) using estrogens with progestins may increase your possibilities of getting heart attacks, strokes, breast cancer, or blood clots.
- Some common side effects of both oestrogen and Premarin include: breast changes and pain, depression or mood changes, dry mouth, high blood pressure, abdomen upset, insomnia, hair loss, skin rashes, abdominal pain, back pain, dizziness, headaches, double vision, raised heart rate, vaginal discharge, partial or complete vision loss while serious side effects of estrogen (Premarin) including: breast lumps, unusual vaginal hemorrhage, mental/mood changes (such as depression, memory loss), severe stomach or abdominal pain, yellowing eyes or skin, swelling hands/ankles/feet, or urination, exaggerated or new vaginal irritation/itching/odor/discharge, persistent nausea or emesis, dark urine, and increased thirst.
- Estrogen is Contraindicated in known, suspected or history of breast cancer, undiagnosed reproductive organ bleeding, Previous or current venous thromboembolism (e.g. deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism), Active or recent arterial thromboembolic illness (e.g. angina, myocardial infarction), Hypersensitivity to the active substance, known or suspected estrogen-dependent malignant tumours (e.g. endometrial cancer), Porphyria, Untreated endometrial hyperplasia, known thrombophilic disorders (e.g. protein C, protein S, or antithrombin deficiency, Acute liver disease or history of liver disease wherever the liver function tests have failed to come back to normal.
- Pregnant ladies shouldn’t take Premarin as a result of it’s known to cause birth defects to your unborn baby, Breastfeeding mothers shouldn’t take this medication because Premarin passes into breast milk.
- The usual Adult dose in the treatment of symptoms of menopause is 0.3mg Per day then increase the dose to the lowest attainable dose that controls your symptoms.If estrogen levels are low, your doctor could tell you to take Premarin for 21 days then stop taking it for 7 days throughout a 28-day period.
2 thoughts on “Important Information About Estrogen”