Women with infertility issues doctors prescribe medicines to get pregnant. The
medicines are called fertility drugs. These drugs are used to release hormones
from your body that trigger or regulate ovulation (the release of your egg from
Even though you use another method like surrogacy, IVF treatment is still an
important part of the treatment.
There are a lot of drugs but the most commonly used are:
1. Clomid or Serophene
This medicine is prescribed if you are not
ovulating normally. This medicine has been used from past 40 years.
To treat infertility in women Clomid is used. Effect of this medicine is there is
an increase in the number of hormones which supports the growth and
releases a mature egg. This medication is not recommended for women
whose ovaries could not make eggs.
How to take medicine:
- Strictly prescribed by your doctor.
- Your dosage is based on your medical conditions.
- Tell your medical health history to your doctor.
- If you have any allergies let your doctor know beforehand.
- Stop using this medication once you get pregnant.
- Consult your doctor for more details.
And if you are in search of the best doctor for your pregnancy. Here is the list of
doctor who can guide you better.
- Dr. Mohit Saraogi- a medalist in DGO and FCPS. He has more than 13 years
of experience in this obstetrics and gynecology. He is a part of Saraogi
Hospital since 1980.
- Dr. R.M Saraogi- he has completed his MD and FCPS in the year 1997. He is
a gold medalist in MD and he has more than 39 years of experience. He is a founder of Saraogi hospital. The hospital was established in the year 1980. He has treated many complication pregnancies.
- How well it works: 60% to 80% of women who take clomiphene will ovulate and
- About half will be able to get pregnant.
This medication is a low dose fertility medication. You need to take
this medicine only for 5 days at the beginning of your menstrual cycle. They are
used to increase your follicles or eggs to increase the chances of pregnancy.
- There are also fertility injections:
- Fertility injections are used only when medicines are not affecting your body.
- Fertility injections are only given with the advice of the doctor. Consult your
doctor for your treatment.
- The name of the injection is HCG. You will try to conceive naturally or with an IUI
treatment. Pregnancy rate is high almost 30%.
Side effects of injectable fertility:
- Mood changes
- OHSS (ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome): it is a complication of fertility
treatment which results in enlarging the ovaries from bloating, stimulation,
and fluid retention. OHSS can be managed by frequently monitoring your
- Few medications are safe to take but still, you consult your doctor. The
medications which are safe to take is Prenatal vitamins. And other vitamins,
herbal remedies, and supplements you should consult your doctor and then
take. Because few herbal remedies can harm you or it can affect during
If the fertility pills and injections does not work then your doctor may suggest you
go for in vitro fertilization treatment. This treatment uses similar injectable
fertility medications. Because at higher doses to stimulate the ovaries to make up
to 20 eggs. These eggs are then retrieved from the ovaries. The retrieved eggs are
then combined with the sperms in the laboratory to make embryos.
The important thing is to select the proper treatment and to guide you for this
you require the best gynecologist. Few best gynecologist I have mentioned above
or you can contact your doctor for the same. Because Surrogacy treatment, IVF
treatments are very delicate surgeries or decisions. For this, you require the
experienced doctor and his/ her history about the surgeries done should be good.
To conclude: I have mentioned the medicines and injections which are commonly
used. But you can get proper guidance from the experienced doctors. As per my
suggestion, you can consult Dr. Mohit Saraogi through his website by filling all the
details or the contact number given on the website.