When it comes to managing certain neurological conditions, medications play a vital role. One such medication that has gained recognition is Lerace Tablet, made from Levetiracetam and manufactured by Hilton Pharma PVT LTD. Lerace Tablet is known for its effectiveness in treating various conditions, thanks to its strengths and versatility. This comprehensive guide will delve into the Lerace tablet uses, strengths, dosage, side effects, and more. Let’s explore the world of Lerace Tablet together!
Lerace Tablet Uses
Lerace Tablet, crafted from Levetiracetam, boasts various uses that cater to multiple age groups and conditions. Its primary services include:
- Epilepsy Management: Lerace Tablet is highly effective in managing epileptic seizures, making it a cornerstone of treatment for epilepsy patients.
- Partial Onset Seizures: It’s beneficial in treating partial onset seizures, a common type of seizure in epilepsy.
- Generalized Tonic-Clonic Seizures: Lerace Tablet helps control generalized tonic-clonic seizures, promoting a better quality of life for patients.
Manufacturer: Hilton Pharma PVT LTD
Lerace Tablet is a product of Hilton Pharma PVT LTD, a reputable pharmaceutical company known for its commitment to quality and innovation in healthcare. Hilton Pharma’s dedication to producing reliable medications underscores the trustworthiness of Lerace Tablet.
Strengths: Versatility at Its Best
Lerace Tablet comes in three different strengths, offering healthcare professionals and patients flexibility in dosage:
- 250mg Tablets: Ideal for precise dosage adjustments and gradual treatment initiation.
- 500mg Tablets: The standard strength for most patients, providing effective seizure control.
- 750mg Tablets: Used for more severe cases or as directed by a healthcare professional.
- 100mg/5ml Lerace Solution: This is mainly used in children.
How Does It Work?
Lerace Tablet’s active ingredient, Levetiracetam, influences neurotransmitters in the brain, reducing abnormal electrical activity that leads to seizures. It modulates the release of neurotransmitters like GABA, which helps maintain brain equilibrium and prevent seizures.
Lerace Tablet Side Effects: Understanding Potential Effects
While Lerace Tablet is well-tolerated by most patients, it can have side effects like any medication. Common side effects include drowsiness, dizziness, mood swings, and headache. These effects are generally temporary and should be discussed with a healthcare professional.
Lerace Dosage Guidelines
Dosage recommendations for Lerace Tablet vary based on the patient’s age and condition:
- Adults: Based on the patient’s response, the usual starting dose is 500 mg twice daily, which can be increased to 1000 mg twice daily after two weeks. The maximum recommended daily dose is 3000 mg.
- Elderly: Elderly patients should begin with half the adult dose to ensure safety.
- Children: Children’s dosage depends on weight. Based on the child’s response, the usual starting dose is 10 mg/kg twice daily, which can be increased to 30 mg/kg twice daily based on the child’s.
Precautions: Prioritize Safety
Before starting the Lerace Tablet, it’s crucial to understand the precautions and warnings associated with its use. These precautions aim to ensure your safety and well-being during treatment:
- Suicidal Thoughts or Behavior: Lerace tablets have been linked to an increased risk of suicidal thoughts or behavior. It’s essential to monitor your mental health closely and seek immediate medical attention if you experience any concerning changes in your mood or behavior.
- Allergic Reactions: Some individuals may experience allergic reactions to Lerace tablets, characterized by symptoms like hives, swelling, and difficulty breathing. If you notice any signs of an allergic reaction, seek medical help promptly.
- Blood Disorders: Lerace tablets can potentially cause blood disorders, including a low white blood cell count or low platelet count. Your healthcare provider may recommend regular blood tests to monitor these levels.
- Severe Skin Reactions: Serious skin reactions like Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis have been associated with Lerace tablets. Contact your doctor immediately if you observe any unusual skin changes, blisters, or rashes.
- Liver Toxicity: Lerace tablets can lead to liver toxicity, which in severe cases can be fatal. Monitoring liver function through regular blood tests is crucial while taking these tablets.
By being aware of these precautions and warnings, you can take the necessary steps to ensure your safety and make informed decisions about your treatment with the Lerace Tablet. Always consult your healthcare provider for any concerns or questions about the medication.
Storage: Keeping It Safe
To maintain the Lerace Tablet’s efficacy, store it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and moisture. Keep it out of reach of children.
Price in Pakistan
The pricing of Lerace Tablet in Pakistan is as follows:
- 500mg: 550 PKR per pack
- 250mg: 340 PKR per pack
- 750mg: 750 PKR per pack
- 30 ml Syrup: 290 PKR and 555 PKR for 60 ml
Interaction with Other Drugs
Lerace tablets may interact with certain medications, affecting their effectiveness or causing unwanted effects.
Your doctor might need to adjust your levetiracetam dosage if you are already taking any of the following: macrogol, a laxative, or other epilepsy medications like carbamazepine, lamotrigine, oxcarbazepine, phenobarbital, or phenytoin.
Always inform your healthcare provider about your medications to avoid potential interactions.
Alternatives: Exploring Options
In the Pakistani market, several alternatives to Lerace Tablet are available:
- Lumark 500 and 250 mg tablets and Lumark 100mg syrup
- Klevra has different strengths
- Devendra in different strengths
Bottom Line: Making Informed Choices
Lerace Tablet, formulated with Levetiracetam, offers a versatile solution for managing epilepsy and seizures. It is a reliable choice with its different strengths, well-defined dosage guidelines, and effective functioning. Consulting a healthcare professional ensures optimal use and safety.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Lerace Tablet be used to treat conditions other than epilepsy? A: While Lerace Tablet is primarily used for epilepsy and seizure management, healthcare professionals may prescribe it for other off-label uses.
Q: What if I miss a dose of Lerace Tablet? A: If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it’s close to the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one.
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions while taking Lerace Tablet? A: There are no specific dietary restrictions associated with Lerace Tablet. However, maintaining a balanced diet is always advisable.
Q: Can I abruptly stop taking Lerace Tablet? A: Abruptly discontinuing Lerace tablets can lead to an increase in seizure activity. Always consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication regimen.
Q: Can Lerace Tablet be given to children without epilepsy? A: Lerace Tablet is prescribed for specific medical conditions, and its use should be based on a doctor’s recommendation.
Q: Is Lerace Tablet habit-forming? A: Lerace Tablet is not known to be habit-forming when used as prescribed by a healthcare professional.
Lerace Tablet, crafted by Hilton Pharma PVT LTD from Levetiracetam, offers hope and relief for those managing epilepsy and seizures. Its diverse strengths, dosage guidelines, and uses reflect patient care and well-being commitment. As you embark on your journey towards effective seizure management, remember that consulting a healthcare provider is critical to achieving the best outcomes.
Read More Pakistani Brands