Dolgina Tablet is a widely prescribed medication known for its effectiveness in managing acid-related conditions. With its active ingredient Dexlansoprazole, belonging to the proton pump inhibitor (PPI) class, Dolgina offers relief from gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and non-erosive reflux disease (NERD). This article is a comprehensive guide, shedding light on Dolgina Tablet uses, potential side effects, proper dosage, and other essential information. Understanding these aspects will help patients make informed decisions about its usage and ensure safe and effective treatment outcomes.
- Product name: Dolgina
- Generic name: Dexlansoprazole
- Drug class: Proton pump inhibitor (PPI)
- Dosage form: Capsule
- Price: PKR 655 for 30 mg, PKR 1005 for 60 mg
What is Dolgina Tablet?
Dolgina is a Hilton Pharma PVT LTD medication that contains the active ingredient Dexlansoprazole. This belongs to the class of drugs known as proton pump inhibitors (PPIs). It is mainly used to reduce stomach acid and other conditions and can be used in children above 12 years of age and adults.
- Dolgina 30 mg Tablet
- Dolgina 60 mg Tablet
Dolgina Tablet Uses
It is used to treat conditions related to excessive stomach acid production, including:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): It helps heal erosive esophagitis and relieves heartburn and other symptoms associated with GERD.
- Non-erosive reflux disease (NERD): Dexlansoprazole is also used to alleviate symptoms of NERD, such as heartburn and acid regurgitation.
Dexlansoprazole reduces stomach acid production by inhibiting the gastric cells’ proton pump. This, in turn, helps to relieve symptoms associated with excess stomach acid and promotes the healing of damaged esophageal tissue.
Dolgina Side Effects:
Common side effects of Dolgina may include headache, diarrhea, stomach pain, nausea, and gas—however, only some experience these side effects, which may vary in severity.
Precautions and Contraindications (When not to use):
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding: Dolgina should be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding only if needed and prescribed by a healthcare professional.
- Pediatrics: The safety and efficacy of Dolgina in children have not been well-established; its use in pediatric patients should be carefully considered.
Your healthcare provider will determine the dosage and duration of Dolgina treatment based on your specific condition and medical history.
Price of Dolgina tablet in Pakistan:
Dolgina is priced at PKR 655 for the 30 mg strength and PKR 1005 for the 60 mg strength in Pakistan. This price may be different in every pharmacy, so it’s better to purchase it from authentic stores.
Dolgina may interact with other medications, affecting how they work or increasing the risk of side effects. Some notable drug interactions include:
- Digoxin (moderate interaction): Dolgina may reduce the elimination of digoxin from the body, leading to increased digoxin levels and potential toxicity. Close monitoring is essential when using these drugs together.
- Methotrexate (severe interaction): Dolgina may interfere with eliminating methotrexate, leading to increased levels of methotrexate and an increased risk of toxicity.
- Ketoconazole (moderate interaction): Dolgina may reduce the effectiveness of ketoconazole, a medication used to treat fungal infections.
- Nelfinavir (severe interaction): Dolgina may reduce the absorption of nelfinavir, an antiviral medication used to treat HIV, reducing its effectiveness.
- Dexxoo: Another reliable medication containing Dexlansoprazole, used to treat acid-related conditions like GERD and NERD. I have discussed this product in detail in this article.
- Dextop: A potent proton pump inhibitor (PPI) similar to Dolgina, effective in managing excessive stomach acid production and associated symptoms. Searle Pharma PVT LTD makes this product. Learn more about Dextop uses, side effects, dosage here.
- Exlant: An excellent alternative PPI with Dexlansoprazole as the active ingredient, relieving acid reflux and heartburn. Genix Pharma PVT LTD makes this product.
- Razodex: Made by Getz Pharma, Razodex is another top-notch choice for acid-related disorders, containing Dexlansoprazole as its vital component.
Common Dolgina Tablet uses are Stomach acid reduction, treating Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), and stomach ulcers. However, when seeking effective alternatives to Dolgina, consider Dexxoo, Dextop, Exlant, or Razodex, as they offer similar benefits in managing stomach acid-related conditions like GERD and Non-erosive reflux disease (NERD). Always consult a healthcare professional for personalized medical advice and visit our homepage for more such information.