Dart Tablet is the brand name of an analgesic and antipyretic medicine prescribed for the treatment of headache, pain and fever. This tablet is manufactured and distributed by Juggat laboratories limited .
The active ingredients present in this formulation are:
- Acetaminophen (300mg)
- Propylphenazone – (150mg)
- Caffeine – (50mg)
Acetaminophen or Paracetamol is an analgesic and antipyretic widely used to relieve back pain, arthrosis, headache, menstrual bleeding, toothache or cold and flu.
There is a small amount of caffeine in this medicine that prevents drowsiness caused by the effect of the other two components.
Propylphenazone works quickly and effectively for shorter periods of time. It is a derivative of phenazone, an anti-inflammatory analgesic and non-steroidal (NSAID). In addition to analgesic and antipyretic properties, it also has anti-inflammatory properties.
Dart Tablet Uses
Dart Tablet can be used for the treatment of the following conditions and symptoms:
- Mild to moderate pain
- Menstrual pain
- Sore throat
- Cerebral palsy
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia in premature infants
Here is a list of some very common and also serious side effects
Common side effects include;
- Gastrointestinal problems like upset stomach, IBS
- May affect Liver at higher doses
- Skin Rashes
Serious side effects
Some serious side effects which may be very rare but If you notice such side effects consult your Doctor immediately.
- Breathing problems like Asthma, Dyspnea
- Anaphylaxis – Swelling of face
- Blood loss – Decrease in the number of blood cells may happen
Dart Tablet is Contraindicated for use in the following conditions
- if you are hypersensitive to any of the ingredients in this tablet.
- Chronic active alcoholism,
- Increased sensitivity to paracetamol,
- In the patients suffering Porphyria disorder.
- Marked disturbances of liver function and
- kidney disease,
Consult your Doctor for proper guidance in such cases
Dart Tablet Precautions
Avoid Dart Tablet;
- If you have allergic disorder like asthma or any other allergic symptoms.
- If you are Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- If You have a history of heart disease, depression, low blood pressure.
- If you are suffering stomach ulcer, any inflammatory bowel disorder like ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease
- If you are allergic to any other medicines (Like as aspirin, naproxen, and ibuprofen), or to any other NSAIDs.
- Avoid in High blood pressure suffering patients.
- Caution should be taken in Patients suffering heart problems or any blood vessels related problems, or blood clotting problems
- If you kidney or liver related problems.
- You are taking any other medication.
Dart Tablet may interact with the following medicines and products:
This is a not a complete list of drug interactions and conditions that might interfere with Dart Tablet. Before taking this drug, inform your GP about all your present medications.
How it Work?
Dart is an analgesic antipyretic. It has an analgesic, antipyretic and weak anti-inflammatory effect. The mechanism of action is related to the inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis, the predominant influence on the thermoregulatory center in the hypothalamus, and improves heat transfer.
- However, it is believed that Acetaminophen acts primarily in the central nervous system and increases the pain threshold by inhibiting any isoform of cyclooxygenase, COX-1, COX-2 and COX-3 enzymes involved in prostaglandin synthesis (PG) ,
- Propyphenazone is an NSAID derived from pyrazolone and related to phenazone. It has antipyretic and analgesic properties.
- Three main mechanisms of caffeine action on the central nervous system have been described. The mobilization of intracellular calcium and the inhibition of specific phosphodiesterases occur only at high non-physiological concentrations of caffeine. The only likely mechanism of action of methylxanthine is antagonism at the adenosine receptor level. Caffeine increases the energy metabolism in the entire brain, but at the same time reduces the cerebral blood flow and leads to a relative cerebral hypoperfusion. Caffeine activates norepinephrine neurons and appears to affect the local release of dopamine.
- Dart Tablet stimulates the central nervous system; antagonizing adenosine receptors; Blocking the action of cyclooxygenase in the body.
Dart tablet should be used by the doctor in a prescribed amount. It is advisable to take this medicine during meals or immediately after meals. The effect should start within 30 minutes and can take up to 6 hours.
- In general, 2 tablets per day may be prescribed for adults. The drug is not recommended for Children and elderly patients.
- Swallow the tablet immediately and do not chew it. Use the dosage recommended by a doctor.
- Taking more than prescribed medications can cause harmful side effects. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any side effects.
- If you are not taking a regular dose, take it as soon as possible and if you approach the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the next subsequent dose. Never use extra doses.
- Do not store any medicine in the bathroom or near a sink.
- Store medications below 25 ° C. Store the package in a cool, dry place away from heat and direct sunlight.
- Keep medicines where children can not reach them.
- A locked locker that is at least a meter and a half above the ground is a good place to store medicines.
- The expiry date refers to the last day of this month.
- Do not use any medicine after the expiry date stated on the label.
- Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can Dart Tablet be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
It is necessary to consult a gynecologist before taking the medicine. Pregnant women can weigh the pros and cons of the drug with the help of a doctor before they are used.
2. I missed a dose of dart tablet. What should I do?
If you accidentally miss a dose, try as soon as possible as soon as you notice. However, if the time is closer to the next dose, just skip the medicine. In these cases, try not to take a double dose.
3. Can Dart Tablet be used with alcohol?
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended under Dart Tablet. The interaction between this medicine and alcohol can increase the risk of side effects and lead to excessive drowsiness and rest.
4. If i take more than the prescribed amount of dart tablet. What do I have to do?
If you believe that you have taken more than the prescribed amount of Dart Tablet, talk to a doctor immediately. Taking more than the prescribed amount can cause serious side effects.
5. Can I drive with Dart Tablet?
Yes, Dart Tablet will not make you sleepy or cause blurry vision. It is considered dangerous if such symptoms occur.
6. Can Dart tablet produce addiction or habit?
Most medicines have no addiction or abuse potential. Normally, the government classifies drugs that can be addictive as controlled substances. Examples are the H or X program in India and the II-V program in the United States. Please consult the product package to make sure the drug does not belong to these special drug categories. After all, you should not treat yourself and increase your body’s dependence on medication without the advice of a doctor.
7. I took an expired dose of Dart tablet. What should I do?
Taking an expired dose of Dart Tablet may not be harmful. Please discuss with your doctor to be on the safe side.
8. How does using Dart Tablet help with migraines?
Dart Tablet contains caffeine, which narrows the blood vessels in the head. This reduces the headache.
9. Can I use Dart Tablet to alleviate a toothache?
Dart Tablet can also alleviate a toothache as it contains paracetamol
10. Can the use of Dart Tablet alleviate the cold?
Partially yes Dart Tablet helps with the common cold and cold symptoms but can not completely treat the infection.